Author Topic: Bot jumping and flying  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Spade

• Major(1)
Bot jumping and flying
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:32:24 pm »
Hey guys, i've just started waypointing, it's quite easy, except some interesting moments like this:

... at this corner approximately 90% of a bots get stucked... can anybody help me?
It's time to kick some ass and chew bubble gum.

DarkCrusade

Re: Bot jumping and flying
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:34:28 am »
Mark please the spot ....

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:07:46 am »
make more points at that corner, cause they might go past that point and not recieving command to jump/fly
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Spade

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 05:30:00 pm »
The problem is at bottom left corner. Name of this map is "Factory".
It's time to kick some ass and chew bubble gum.

Offline HeavyMetal.Penguin91

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:21:09 am »
Not quite sure what you mean by stuck...

But if the problem is that the bots are running into the left wall and staying there, then you should add extra waypoints.

If the problem is the bot is jumping up and down on the spot then you've made the jump wp to long - move it down a bit.

If the problem is that the bot flys, hits the roof and falls down, then change the wp after the jump from left-fly to just fly, or vice-a-versa - experiment.

Or if the bot just gets stuck in the ground or roof - check for poly bugs, and move the vertices around.

Well thats my 2ยข - hope it helps. :)
(">

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 04:47:23 am »
I know this is offtopic but Spade, your avatar... it's from the Neverhood... I love that game...

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 10:38:46 pm »
Could you upload the PMS file? I want to feel the problem personally..

Edit:

Nope, busy :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:08:42 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 12:30:01 am »
make more points at that corner, cause they might go past that point and not recieving command to jump/fly

This, but also the yellow line at the bottom tells me you have the bots moving left and jumping up well before you actually want them to jump up. In addition, you don't have to link every single command -- there's no need to connect the flight paths to the ground paths, and the closeness of those two could cause problems as well.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 01:25:44 pm »
croat1gamer is correct. They might miss it, and they'd then have no commands once they hit the wall.

On that ramp there are three waypoints. The middle one is unnecessary - delete it, string the two together, and remove the Jump command from the leftmost wypt.

Do not use special properties (timed waits for the bots). Because there will be a tiny bit of leftward momentum from running up the ramp, don't make the Jump waypoint exactly above the Run Left wypt. - move it a tiny bit to the left.

This is the important thing to do: Highlight the Left Waypoint + Jump Waypoint + Jet Right waypoint, and paste a duplicate against the wall for reassurance, in case for any reason (combat, usually) the bots get off-track. You may connect this to the Run Left wypt. to the first Run Left, or not.

Isn't this htf_Factory or something by Vig.? I thought I waypointed this map already :P

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:06:11 pm »
It is a default map for soldat if i recall correctly.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.