Author Topic: Injured Players Become Slower  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Injured Players Become Slower
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 10:34:48 am »
I just don't think it should be added at all.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 11:32:56 am »
I would support neither weakening or strengthening an injured soldier by the game itself, because this is actually a factor made by the human player. If you were low on health, you yourself would probably become more desperate and you get the adrenaline rush. This would either kill your cool and cause you to play worse, or this may somehow make you react faster etc and play better.

Even as an option, how many people would bother to use it?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:38:21 am by STM1993 »

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 11:54:59 am »
Hmmm... I don't really like this idea much because it would seem to slow down Soldat's fast pace of action. But, perhaps for realistic it might be implemented. But all things considered, F11.

P.S: Do you even know what the function of advanced mode is?

P.S: Add a poll.

STM and I were typing this up at the same time, so I would also like to mention that everything he said is completely true.

No let's not add it to realistic, when someone says an idea it always seems to end up with someone saying, "we don't want it in the normal game but get let's puts it in realistic because we don't play it! Realistic isn't meant to be completely like life [the idea of a game is to escape from reality] realistic only means that there is self bink etc not let's add any suggestion into it! I think that there should be a sub forum for realistic mode.

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 06:48:05 pm »
STM you have valid reasons, very professional. However I'm still pushing for it be an option. It's a small modification, that should be there for those who might want it.

If it would just be there, then people could use it. That's all there is to it.
Proudly Australian :)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 08:03:49 am »
(...) that should be there for those who might want it (...)
As you have said...
We don't want it <=> It won't be implemented. F11.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 09:44:52 am »
Soldat is FAST-PACED , how would this improve the playability ? It's nice idea, but I guess not for this game.

Offline Ervis

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 11:29:28 am »
I skipped most of this to type up something. I'm a R/S player and it's crucial to R or R/S that we maintain our soldier's speed to a maximum so we can escape danger at the worst of times which would be when we have low HP. Most of the intense battles in R/S happen when you have less then 50% HP, and something like this would have tremendous and horrible impact on R/S. Especially when in R/S, we die much quicker because of the Realistic game mode. Unlike what most people here (who play normal I assume?) think, R/S isn't about going face to face and trying to fuck with the enemy as soon as possible, we like to stick to our environment and use the terrain to win. Something like less hp=slower aiming and slower speed would destroy aspects of Realistic or Realistic/Survival.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 02:40:58 pm »
I skipped most of this to type up something. I'm a R/S player and it's crucial to R or R/S that we maintain our soldier's speed to a maximum so we can escape danger at the worst of times which would be when we have low HP. Most of the intense battles in R/S happen when you have less then 50% HP, and something like this would have tremendous and horrible impact on R/S. Especially when in R/S, we die much quicker because of the Realistic game mode. Unlike what most people here (who play normal I assume?) think, R/S isn't about going face to face and trying to f**k with the enemy as soon as possible, we like to stick to our environment and use the terrain to win. Something like less hp=slower aiming and slower speed would destroy aspects of Realistic or Realistic/Survival.

^^^

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 05:41:05 am »

At first a poll would be worthless since the suggestion was probably already discussed, but heck I'll add one.

I still don't see a poll...
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 05:48:00 am »
With original post, there'd be a heavy disadvantage for flagrunners, so it's a nono from me
Espadon's idea would go crazy if they had a minimi, but then it'd be really weird IMO :P
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 06:42:38 am »
I don't know why everyone is blind. No offense intended, but I've clearly said that this should be an option. You know - a check box. If the user wants it, then it will be used.

Everyone makes very good points, but you're forgetting that features can be toggled on and off. This should be one of them.

EDIT: sorry no poll. Either I've waited too long, or I can't find how to add one.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:48:02 am by AussieJay »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 08:07:49 am »
EDIT: sorry no poll. Either I've waited too long, or I can't find how to add one.
At the bottom of your own threads, you should see a Poll+ button.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:09:24 am by STM1993 »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 08:38:53 am »
Name any game where you get more disadvantages for having lowhealth. Soldat is so fastpaced that it would ruin gameplay! Get a shot by ruger on distance as flagger and the guy will reach you easily, same for spraying, RUINS gameplay REALLY! :(

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 03:06:16 pm »
I don't know why everyone is blind. No offense intended, but I've clearly said that this should be an option. You know - a check box. If the user wants it, then it will be used.

Let's just put aside the gameplay aspect for a second. Introducing new features requires time and effort, especially since there is no large team of coders working on the game. Judging by the replies in this thread, almost nobody would use this feature, so it would be a waste of time to add, option or not. That's time better spent on much needed bug fixes.

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 05:01:13 am »
Vis your argument is good. However, I'm still up for this idea.

There are just a handful of people replying to me, next to the hundreds that play it. I just hope the person who makes this game (Michael?) considers this.

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 05:14:38 am »
Now that I think about it, it could easily (depending on your ability level) be scripted (I think), but nevertheless based on the responses from players, I don't think the majority of the players would like it.
Anyone play KOL?

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 12:45:08 pm »

Let's just put aside the gameplay aspect for a second. Introducing new features requires time and effort, especially since there is no large team of coders working on the game. Judging by the replies in this thread, almost nobody would use this feature, so it would be a waste of time to add, option or not. That's time better spent on much needed bug fixes.

Thank you :-)

Everyone makes very good points, but you're forgetting that features can be toggled on and off. This should be one of them.

we are not thick and you have stated that it could be implemented as an option but you would probably be the only one using it.

I've been misleading you a bit. After starting up Soldat today I realised that realistic mode is what I mean by advanced mode.

After some good replies on my suggestion, I think I would be fine if it were an option. Something you could toggle. Other than that, you guys have made very good points.

thats like saying lets have an option to allow us to make paper aeroplanes in soldat. Its pointless and no one would use it.

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
  • "If I can see it, I can kill it."
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 03:32:44 pm »
I think Injured players should be able to run away...
"If I can see it, I can kill it."
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 09:20:52 am »
both ideas are "imo" foolish, making injured players more vulnerable would literally BRAKE the balance of the game action, and making them more accurate, as  wookash said, would mean too much abuse of a bit of a complex feature, and yes, don't ask for putting stuff into realistic just to have more posts on your account and sound clever, i tried realistic and it's already hard enough...try it before saying that crap.
b&

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 10:59:22 am »
Pretty much any idea that involves the word "Slow" won't get implemented.