Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 2345 times)

DarkCrusade

Weapons
« on: March 20, 2009, 02:04:45 pm »
Hi there, did some weapons I want to show you :) Till now I got

- HK MP9
- AK 47
- Steyr AUG
- Spas 12
- HK P9S
- Chainsaw
- M72 Law

Some work to do till the mod is finished, but you can see what I did in the attachment :)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Weapons
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:28:20 pm »
Uhh
Don't resize that much or at least it looks like

Spas's stock looks creat and the body too but the shading is dark.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 02:40:39 pm »
Nothing resized or something like that, I´ll take that as a compliment Sky :)

Spas's stock looks creat and the body too but the shading is dark.

So what should I do? Light it some up? :)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »
Shapes are pretty bad, and looks very resized, it's not really a compliment either :/

Player since late 2007

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 05:05:30 pm »
No really, it is not resized and now it is more like a affront ... but okay, I´ll take it easy :) Which shapes do you mean especially?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 05:41:02 pm »
are you sure they are not resized.

i mean, ive looked at a lot of weapon pictures, i think id know.

-You might want to edit that one out-of-place line of highlighting on the bottom of the LAW. It's a bit too bright, and doesn't make much sense where you have it.
-The chainsaw is great, but the blade and the main 'body' are a bit dark.
The shape of the pistol is pretty nice, but the pure gradient from top to bottom looks a little off. I'd add more contrast at key areas to define the shape more clearly.
The handgrip area of the Mac-10 (or whatever) shape is a little off, and overall it looks a little 'square' - try smoothing out a corner or two.
-The steyr clip is a bit too thick and rounded. It's more of a rectangle turned diagonally.
-The AK clip shape it a little wonky as well. Make it more of a curve, and shave off the extra pixels that are messing with the shape.

Not to sound overly critical. The weapons are really good for the most part; they just need a bit of tweaking.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 05:50:29 pm »
AK barrel is rather thick also.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 08:08:12 pm »
Am working it all out, thanks for help :)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
Sexy, SEXY Chainsaw!!

That's probably the best chainsaw model I've seen so far man. Keep up the kickass work!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 11:44:34 pm »
No really, it is not resized and now it is more like a affront ... but okay, I´ll take it easy :) Which shapes do you mean especially?

AUG guard is not straight, AK barrel is too straight, socom handle is curvy at the bottom, AUG clip is not straight, and there's a lot more.

Oh, and they're so obviously resized that it isn't funny.  Even the SPAS-12.  Sorry.

Player since late 2007

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 01:09:57 am »
God Hair|Trigger if I say they are NOT resized, they are NOT, you have to trust me >:( I´ve spend a lot of work in these ones to get them a way they look if you have them in real, I had 2 weeks time because of a influenza and spent a lot of time in it, am posting it here and you say

Oh, and they're so obviously resized that it isn't funny.  Even the SPAS-12.  Sorry.

I get some angry, but I wont do a affront or something like that, I know I did them myself, that´s all that matters for me >:(

Anyway thanks for tips, I am working on them

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 01:26:36 am »
Whatever you say, I just find it funny that you have unusual ammounts of fucisha on your pallette, which is very common in re-sized weapons.  Hue adjustments are very rarely used in grayscale weapons aswell..

I don't mean to call you out or anything but it's kind of silly to lie like that :/

Player since late 2007

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 02:05:53 am »
I wont reply on this anymore after this post, dont want to have here an offtopic discussion not relating to improving any weapons in any way.

Like you see on my chainsaw there are some bloodparticles, and I have denote that these weapons are used in close combat, but not that strong like on the chainsaw since the chainsaw is used in ... more close battles ;D
To quote myself:

I´ve spend a lot of work in these ones to get them a way they look if you have them in real,

Dont know why you put such an effort in this since I said clearly that I did ALL by myself, I am not a liar, if something would be raped or resized I would speak it out, that would be okay for me. But I dont like this "I think you didnt do this yourself"-thing, I dont have any problems with admitting when I am lying anywhere and you should finally stop thinking out conspiracy theories and let my work stay my work ...

IT IS ANNOYING!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 08:08:08 am »
HT's analysis is correct; the amount of gradation present in these graphics is a blatant telltale of resizing. You just won't get this type of look if you didn't resize, especially knowing the quality of your previous weapons.

Not that there's anything wrong with resizing, but lying doesn't impress people.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:11:05 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:16 am »
Espadon, since it seems to be too hard to get in your heads I´d like to see this topic closed, I will do the weapons then for myself and wont do any so realistic weapons anymore for this forum. If you all dont like the point that my weapons pwn the others without resizing it wont be my problem to hold them back and you wont see my work again here. I worked on each weapon (except HK P9S, that was an easy one) really long time and the effort I put in them is not worth the affront I get for posting them here, so if you are such minimalists you can see more bad weapons from me, if you are then affirmed.

IF I would have resized the weapons, why are the shapes so bad? Wouldn´t resizing result in perfect outlines? I dont think there is anything more to say on this topic, so please close it, but know, that I am very angry on that discussion, since I am NOT lying and I am NOT resizing any weapons. That nobody feels like trust in me is a good sign for a nice working community >:(

Goodbye high-quality modding, it were nice days I spent ...

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 09:41:05 am »
The weapons have got very nice shading. What program did you use ?

Oh and by the way, shut up and stop playin' emo. I hate it. You high quality pixelartist from Hollywood.

Continue or I'll rape you and tell you the truth about WTC incident.

EDIT: I'm resizing all my work from teh start and nobody didn't even notice and now when I'm so popular and hilarious nobody dare to even wisper word "resize" in my topics.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 09:44:01 am »
Goodbye high-quality modding

Sorry but I just have to rofl at that. Fact: you're just not that good to produce that effect unless you resized. Fact: you're looking like an idiot trying to pass them off as manual work.

Locked by request. No whinging here.
CRYSO | HLT