Author Topic: Is there any need to change realistic mode?  (Read 798 times)

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
Is there any need to change realistic mode?
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:17:57 pm »
i was wondering whether there is any need to change realistic mode. There rarely seem to be any suggestions for realistic mode only. Normally people say oh i don't want it in normal mode but lets put it in realistic. So debate.... Adam

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: Is there any need to change realistic mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:40:30 pm »
People just wanna merge any other shooter or rol game with Soldat, which it's completely unfitting. They'd like to see something of the stuff of these other games in soldat while it doesn't bothers the game. How? just putting it in realistic, so when they wanna play with some of the stuff they suggested they just have to switch to that gamemode :)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:07:51 am »
Realistic would need some changes here and there and improvements are always welcome. However, the problems:

1) Not many are Realistic mode players and Normal is extremely different from Realistic. This is why it is hard to balance Realistic mode and why people always dismiss suggestions on realism to be implemented in Realistic mode.
2) R/S and Realistic share the same weapon balance, yet the two modes have very different gameplay styles.
3) Most of the suggestions regarding or related to realism are based on what the suggesters saw in other games etc. Unfortunately, many of these suggestions are poor or unfitting for Soldat gameplay.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:24 am »
Realistic would need some changes here and there and improvements are always welcome. However, the problems:

1) Not many are Realistic mode players and Normal is extremely different from Realistic. This is why it is hard to balance Realistic mode and why people always dismiss suggestions on realism to be implemented in Realistic mode.
2) R/S and Realistic share the same weapon balance, yet the two modes have very different gameplay styles.
3) Most of the suggestions regarding or related to realism are based on what the suggesters saw in other games etc. Unfortunately, many of these suggestions are poor or unfitting for Soldat gameplay.

Maybe there should be a realistic and a R/S subforum to seperate the suggestions and have a sticky with the rules about what you can and cant post, with something saying that you should not just say i dont want it in normal but hey lets put it in realistic. Or there could be a new mode added called experimental where the ideas that people suggest are added for them to try [probably a fair bit of coding though]

Offline Geoffrey

• Major
  • 2Wai
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:50:49 pm »
There won't be separate r/s and realistic balances to my knowledge. I'm pretty pleased with realistic mode especially with the tweaks that should come in 1.5. I might not see them for a while though due to maccage but it looks alright from my perspective.

Shoving extra things into realistic is of course bullshit but it would never happen. I dunno how much of a presence the realistic and r/s communities have here but it probably ain't much.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 05:43:40 pm »
Its a shame about the lack of presence of the realistic and r/s comunities. I haven't read about 1.5 so I am looking forward to the changes