Author Topic: Death Animations  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Death Animations
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 02:41:17 pm »
The boom headshot in 1.5 looks kind of odd... I was expecting more of a sudden vertical spout of blood, not a fountain of it coming in all directions. I hope that this headshot aspect gets rethinked.
If you were checking Mantis you would know that head explosion had been changed already.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »
Unfortunately, that's something that not even multi-million-dollar budget games have managed to do right. Animations and ragdolls don't mix well.
Though that is for 3D games. 2D death animations are easy stuff.

Offline eYe

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 07:22:42 pm »
I don't agree with the extra graphical load. Soldat was never really meant to be graphical It's just plain intense emotion. I don't really see a need for eye candies. It was never a necessity.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »
I still love the effect on the m79 explosion, the push back from barrett. (Right through the torso, and it will fly them back riiiight across the screen *giggles*), which also goes for spas.

But I would love to see internal organs showing when players get shot in the stomach a LOT.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 09:48:34 pm »
Unfortunately, that's something that not even multi-million-dollar budget games have managed to do right. Animations and ragdolls don't mix well.

Oh, yeah. Combining it with an intact ragdoll system is where it all goes tits up.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 09:50:45 pm »
Oh, yeah. Combining it with an intact ragdoll system is where it all goes tits up.
Which I use. Death animations without a ragdoll system seems a little too hard for me. But coding s decent ragdoll throwback/fall system isn't hard at all.

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 10:49:53 pm »
A mod or something for this would be awesome.

I definitely think this is a good idea (although I can setlly with just standard death animations). It would be interesting if you added a poll so we could see how many people agree with and oppose this idea.
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:27 am »
A mod for this would not be possible without editing the source codes. Though I can do with with a really nice physics Dll.