Author Topic: Hosting a LAN Game  (Read 28509 times)

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
Hosting a LAN Game
« on: March 28, 2009, 08:22:39 am »
Hello, I have a few questions about hosting a LAN Soldat game.

I have two computers, both connected to a LAN hub. We've played games such as Empire Earth, AOE and some shooters so we know the LAN system works. I know that Soldat is LAN compatible but I'm having trouble setting it up.

With most LAN games there is a HOST GAME button. I can't find something like that - is it the dedicated server thing? I want to play and host the game. Can someone please explain how to set up a small LAN game?

Thank you in advance!
Proudly Australian :)

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: Hosting a LAN Game
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 08:41:02 am »
With most LAN games there is a HOST GAME button. I can't find something like that - is it the dedicated server thing? I want to play and host the game. Can someone please explain how to set up a small LAN game?
Hosting and playing in the same game is as easy as clicking Start Game on the tab with the very same name. You might want to set up the server options from the Options tab beforehand, and change the Connection setting to LAN as well (I doubt this is required, but what the hey).

As for the person joining the game, do note that Soldat's LAN server browser will rarely (if ever?) work. Just manually put in the IP/port of the host instead.

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
Re: Hosting a LAN Game
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:57:08 am »
and change the Connection setting to LAN as well
Already done.

do note that Soldat's LAN server browser will rarely (if ever?) work
I've noticed that! It produces errors and glitches for some reason.

Just manually put in the IP/port of the host instead.
Okie dokie. Thanks.
Proudly Australian :)