Author Topic: Compilation of modifications and bugs  (Read 585 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Compilation of modifications and bugs
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:17:38 pm »
I have two parts to this compilation, modifications and bugs. I figured to just put them both here...

modifications:

1 - stretch the menu to fit it full screen (for higher resolutions)
2 - reorganize tabindex for easy tabbing in main menu (ie: if cursor is in IP box, pressing TAB should bring cursor to port box, then password box, etc.)
3 - add 1 more line to fit all game modes in join-game filter
4 - auto-download next map during gameplay - and/or - don't kick player if he doesn't have map:  begin download when new map round starts and reserve slot for that player.
5 - added bots causing some violation at mapchange (as evident/infamous in hexer mod)
6 - make team colors clearer in death console (hard to tell some colors apart AND colors are dif depending on whether it's the killer or victim

bugs:

7 - sometimes the port # doesn't get changed correctly when clicking a server from the list
8 - Explosive projectiles rendered locally may cause server's and client's status of projectile and explosion to mismatch
9 - cheap fix?: Explosions (position and time) should be also server controlled (you see grenade explode on your screen but the server doesn't, causing 'invisible grenades')
10 - rambo not having flame-bow as secondary (causing a bow to spawn)
11 - inconsistency with grenades?  is it supposed to be one-hit kill always or is that dependent on how it's thrown or where it hits or random?  possibly make lag-independent?
12 - players changing or joining team during end-of-round in survival mode adds a point to previous round's winning team.
13 - realistic mode glitch where a client sees a player (or even himself) die, but server handles him as if he's still alive, causing the client to see him respawn at the same place (gets annoying you thought you killed an enemy)
14 - chainsaw not killing people in certain positions
15 - while pressing alt (as to use command), it should take inputs as key strokes. Currently you can't press ALT + [letter] twice in a row. ie: in hexer mod when you aetherwalk with ALT command, you get refresh, you can't aetherwalk again until a certain time has passed or you used ALT + [something else])

Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
Re: Compilation of modifications and bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:00:31 pm »
1. Register.

2. I agree.

3. Eh?

4. Auto - download probably won't work and many people will dislike it. Just re-click join game and wait.

5. Dunno.

6. It's fine.

8. You can still rejoin when you press join game despite the port not having changed yet. (it has internally)

9. Lag, reg issues and sometimes the grenade is so small you just don't notice it.

10. That's never happened to me. (does it happen online or offline)

11. Grenades will only kill if thrown at legs or someone walks on one. Head explosions do very little damage. Lag is also annoying.

12. Just vote kick anyone who does this.

13. Lag and usually combined with server issues.

14. Very strange bug. Often it is because a random polygon is in the way or the saw is too deep into they're body.

15. Don't know what you mean. I don't use alt in my control scheme.
Anyone play KOL?