Author Topic: NEW to the game  (Read 1980 times)

Offline zone

• Major(1)
NEW to the game
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:37:44 am »
hi everyone am very new to this game just donwloaded it today  8), just wanting to say hi ! and was wondering if any one could give me a run down on what the games about and the diff things you can do ???? any help would be great

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
Re: NEW to the game
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:44:57 am »
Hello. I'm also sorta-new to Soldat, because I started a few weeks ago. It's a great game.

Hmmm...a rundown? It's a 2D multiplayer shooter. You control a soldier with jetboots. You have to complete objectives depending on the mode. Generally you kill everyone else.

More info: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=454.0
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:50:54 am by AussieJay »
Proudly Australian :)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:44 am »
Hey man, how's it going? I'm very glad you came across Soldat in your lifetime, as I believe it's definitely one of the best games of this decade.

There isn't much of a story, it's basically this: A few guys wanted to kill each other and you can be one of them. ;)

You run around in the game, fly with the jetpacks in your shoes, get to jump and do backflips, and kill with a wide variety of weapons. You can play against bots and other people in real life via multiplayer over the internet. You can even pimp up your Soldat player with colors, gold chains, multicolored jet flames, etc.

There are several game modes; some based around the manipulation of flags and others just for killing. Some modes are even team based (and these seem to be the most popular).

It's not just about killing though, there are several scripts (program customizations) that can be set into the Soldat Server to make ingame RPG's and other insanely awesome custom game modes.

I suggest you take the time to take a good look around this awesome community and be prepared to immediately get addicted and stick around for years to come. This isn't some shitty game or community that gets old, it stays interesting and fun forever!
There are other worlds than these

Offline zone

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 08:01:20 am »
thanks m8, what does ping stand for  ???

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:03:04 am »
thanks m8, what does ping stand for  ???
That stands for your internet connection's reliability when connected to a Soldat server. When it is high (around over 150) you will notice lag in-game which makes you slower, much less accurate, and ruins your game. To avoid high ping, try to play in servers located relatively near you.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 08:12:35 am »
Welcome to Soldat! =D

If you need any help with weapons, I have a guide below my signature - click that link. You can also ask us directly for more advanced help that may not be in that guide =)

Hope you enjoy your stay here in this community and I hope you would grow to love Soldat as all of us do. Have fun!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:42:42 pm by STM1993 »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:34:28 am »
This game is so great that you for sure become soldat adict. ;d In my opinion first thing which you have to do is to read whole Manual. You can find it in soldat folder.

Offtopic: I'm glad that our comunity is newbies friendly. ;d
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:33 am »
My advice: Never, as in never, whine. It will make you unpopular faster than a twitch can. Play for fun only, and never for the victory. Btw, welcome to the forums ;D
b&

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 08:44:03 am »
If you start playing Soldat you also minght notice it's high modding ability. You can change almost everything. You can find some good mods in modding forum here.  Example can be my signature.

Btw: Should be moved to another forum.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:47:51 am by PaFel »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 08:46:09 am »
Way to advertise your work mate :D jk.
b&

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 08:49:37 am »
Way to advertise your work mate :D jk.

You can take it as something like this but I've gotta say I really didn't think about it when posting ;D. It's just improtant thing that it can be modded easily and no one wrote about that previously.

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 09:04:51 am »
welcome !

If you want, i can show you a few trickz, ingame
they are usefull

i maybe gotta a little rank in forums, but i know a lot about this game

If ya wanna meet me, join here:
===>  84.248.57.44 -- 50001  <===
and enter "!admin" to chat console
84.248.57.44 is the ip
50001 the port

See you ingame ;) ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:20:19 am by LORD KILLA »

Offline zone

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 09:55:07 am »
thanks for all your help  8), how do i join a clan haha or do u have to get rank points or summit ????

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 10:44:18 am »
thanks for all your help  8), how do i join a clan haha or do u have to get rank points or summit ????
To do that it's best that you start playing Soldat more first to learn the way of the game and get good. Once you think you're good enough to seriously play with clan members in clan wars against other clans, post a topic here describing yourself after reading the clan application rules.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 11:12:51 am »
Believe me joining a clan this early is a mistake, i did so about twice cause all the clans i joined where bad choices, first play until you know some good players, from good clans, know them well, that's when you can work well with the clan. I'm talking from experience here, get good, get a good reputation, find a clan of which at least some members play on the servers you play on, and get acquainted. That's how you do it right.
b&

Offline zone

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 11:45:35 am »
cheers m8 i will do

Offline zone

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 11:59:39 am »
i'm already addicted haha, good game, favourite weapon's got to be the barret and the desert eagles  :P

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 12:08:10 pm »
i'm already addicted haha, good game, favourite weapon's got to be the barret and the desert eagles  :P
Don't forget to use your secondaries and grenades as they're just as useful if not more than the primary weapons.

Offline zone

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 01:28:20 pm »
ye m8 i lyk using the knife as secondary

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 01:40:17 pm »
Zone, use the M72 Law!  It's the best secondary I think, and I love it. ;)

Haha, when I started playing my favourite weapon was the barret too, but then I switched over to the Steyr, and I have to say using the barret for so long has improved my auto aim, so keep it up!

And, welcome to soldat, if you wanna chill or hang out sometime, send me a PM. :D

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 02:27:32 pm »
Play your own style, its the most fun of the mall, don't listen to people advising certain weapons, use the ones you feel most comfortable with, even if it's the laggy minigun :D (joke)
but yes i must say, deagles and barret are a good choice for a beginner although both extremely hard to master fully, and you can never go wrong with the knife :D
As to the LAW it serves best as a satisfactory weapon, meaning when you're really pissed in-game, get some LAW kills and you'll feel awesome, that's just the thing with the LAW it's got that magic of it's own xP
b&

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 06:04:50 pm »
Hey welcome to soldat, nice to know you joined the forums straight away :D
In case you don't know, to shoot the LAW, you must be on the ground, crouched or proned, and you must hold it on for a bit till it shoots.  Its arc is very similar to AK.
Barrett will get you used to the crosshair and aiming style, but deagles are hard to master.  Go here for an in-depth guide to desert eagles.
Hope you enjoy your stay :)
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 07:00:13 pm »
I will give you some advice concerning how others may react to your playing.
You are new, so you will still be learning, as in, others will pick on you. Ignore them.
If you want to escape that, try joining Zombie servers and other public servers that are usually filled with more nice people. Stay away from LEO and go to Elite.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 09:05:24 pm »
Welcome to the game and community.

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 02:06:59 am »
Back to weapons, its best that you can use as much as possible.
In TW this is usefull, my favourrite weapon is definictly BARRET ;D

if you are feeling "stormy" use spas and saw
if ur a camper (barret) use barret and socom :D
if ya r a zombie just saw XD but you must run fast then
if you are a sprayer (ill explain today later) use HK mp5 , FN mini, or Minigun 8)
if ya wanna play a "special agent" use knife and barret, or ruger 77, and hide in boxes while enemies bypasses ya :D

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 07:48:48 am »
LORD KILLA what you just said neither made sense nor gave any useful info for him... :/
b&

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 08:31:00 am »
lol, ur right
anyway

I am playing with him on this server, and showing tipps, etc...
this is more usefull ^^

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 11:28:14 am »
Well practice DOES make the champion :D
So train train train, and you might even get a reputation on your favorite servers in no time.
b&

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »
Hey, and welcome to the forums, game and also the global community. If you choose to use HK-MP5 or just want to use it for fun, I have created a guide on how to use it most effectively.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=32181.msg383904;topicseen#msg383904

Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 04:33:15 am »
Hey mate, welcome to the forums and the game. There is a stickied thread dedicated to the new peoples introduction in "the lounge". Please use that for further activity regarding this topic.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=1235.780
I fucking miss all you cunts!