Author Topic: 10 Clones Solve A puzzle. (Thought Topic)  (Read 4236 times)

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
Re: 10 Clones Solve A puzzle. (Thought Topic)
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 11:50:46 am »
the only type of clone that youd be able to produce exactly the same result out of would be a parallel universe clone in which both universes are exactly the same in terms of energy and mass and both universes are happening at the same point along the same timeline

though its still possible youd get differences between the two using that method

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 03:04:44 pm »
Id say they'd all have to experience their lives exactly the same up until the puzzle, and then have it presented to them in the same way. Unless, of course, its a multi-path puzzle.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20:35 pm »
Stop trying to make it realistic. It's never going to happen, so stop trying to make it work or not. Just hypothesise the answer.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 08:50:20 am »
Hypothetical answer is: They can't. Because you cannot copy a human memory. Neither fully provide the needed conditions.
b&

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 09:09:50 am »
If all their circumstances, conditions, time, air and whereabouts are mirrored, then they would.
Ofcourse human mind can't be copied, but this is "thought/what if topic".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:18:50 am by smiluu »

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 09:14:27 am »
I'd say different because I usually attack puzzles in more than one way. I'm not going to start the same way every time, its up to the clones to pick which one of my paths they choose to follow.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 03:04:27 pm »
Hypothetical answer is: They can't. Because you cannot copy a human memory. Neither fully provide the needed conditions.

But the question states that those conditions are already met. Do you have any idea what hypothetical means?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 05:24:17 pm »
I'd say the requirement for this experiment to have the same result for all the clones is impossible to meet. Even though, in this case, the requirements have been met, it's just not realistic enough for me to provide a proper answer. Any small difference in said clones upbringing could ultimately lead to him/her selecting a different approach to a task compared to another. Small things that happen throughout reality are all factors that, even if on a very small scale, may alter a persons understanding and behaviour, and such factors are somewhat random. In any case, it's too random to be predicted, even in a controlled invironment.

However, I do believe in a persons mind to be 'more' than just a set of chemical releases, so if I had to guess to save my life, I'd say they would solve the puzzle differently.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:27 am »

But the question states that those conditions are already met. Do you have any idea what hypothetical means?

An event, condition, status...etc. imagined or suggested but not necessarily real or true...
b&

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 01:08:41 pm »
An event, condition, status...etc. imagined or suggested but not necessarily real or true...
I think that was a rhetorical question...

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 01:30:14 pm »
Ugh...I know, that's why i answered it...I'm DUMB! AND PROUD OF IT!
Anyway, i think it's clear, the answer to the question is no. What more to discuss?
b&

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 03:36:09 pm »

Exactly. Whether or not the situation is possible is irrelevant. The HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION was whether or not they'd react the same way, and in that sense, the answer would be yes.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:46 am »

Exactly. Whether or not the situation is possible is irrelevant. The HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION was whether or not they'd react the same way, and in that sense, the answer would be yes.

UGH! And people say i was sublime, you just pwnd me in that...
b&