Poll

F11/F12?

F11
F12

Author Topic: Mapdownload  (Read 5304 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Re: Mapdownload
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 12:37:08 pm »
Keldorn your grammar isn't exactly an example for the generations either, I'm proud of being an Arabian (Jordanian) who speaks 2 languages by adaption to my birth place and my current habitat, and 3 (Including English) very fluently without ever taking lessons or having private teachers to learn them.

Back on topic, Bloo didn't you read my opinion? People have crappy PC's, not all of us are rich enough to have our own servers and have all maps ready in our soldat directories...
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 01:16:53 pm »
demoniac93, he doesnt want to hear on somebody, he simply wants to kill any discussions from my point of view since he is the "great have had a server"-guy and has all rights to kill your opinion and influence you his, but that´s just me, I am mostly kidding and you shouldn´t take me that serious [pigtail]

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 03:22:38 pm »
@demoniac93: Yeah, I did. I also addressed it in a previous post:

Quote from: Bloo
hat I don't understand, is if people keep downloading maps, which they do, eventually they are going to have all the maps contained in a mappack anyway, so that's a pretty null point.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 06:52:22 am »
so, did anyone get an idea how to prevent wrong map error which will occur if someone votes a map and it isnt next one?
and dl-ing the whole mappack isnt the smartest because
1) when connecting- yeh, till then the server will be full
2) ingame- lag
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 03:10:14 pm »
2) ingame- lag

Server uses different port for downloads.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 04:15:45 pm »
2) ingame- lag

Won't having multiple ports at once itself cause more pressure on the server? If it works we got a solved problem if not we gotta think of something.
b&

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 04:20:04 pm »
2) ingame- lag

Won't having multiple ports at once itself cause more pressure on the server? If it works we got a solved problem if not we gotta think of something.

For a custom map server, map download port is manditory.

It doesnt matter if you are downloading from inside or outside the server, you are using the same port.