Author Topic: inf_mecha  (Read 1074 times)

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
inf_mecha
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:47:02 pm »
My third map! I can't seem to make ctf maps. So I thought I'd try inf.
This took a few hours. Mainly trying to shade, and making the scenery.
The images are bad quality and kinda dark, can't seem to make them any better.

Credits to the artists who drew the pics. They're not the best of quality either. I had to shrink them by 80%. Some of them turned out pretty mad. They should all be in the folder.

Some feed back on the shading would be good. That was my main focus.
And having a Mecha-themed scenerys ;D I also tried something I haven't seen before. A reflection of a building on water. But I couldn't find any good water pics, so that didn't turn out how I planned.

I know my first map was pretty random. But please, no bad feed back if you haven't bothered to test it. ^_^

EDIT: Aw, it doesn't seem as shaded in-game as it did in Polyworks. :'(

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:58:05 pm by F4||3N »

DarkCrusade

Re: inf_mecha
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:54:55 pm »
Okay, first of all nice sceneries you used there, but with this background it will lagg like hell on servers. The playerspawns for parachute are way too low, put them higher (more realistic and more tactical spawning), but I dont know, whether I would like as bravo to chase the enemy flag runner and suddenly someone is behind me, that would be annoying! Just simply do them bravo :)

The beam in the tower needs opacity (transparency), set it to 65-70% and it will look more fine. And to finish: Are the guns on the map usable or just simply colliding / not colliding [pigtail]

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:33:25 am »
Scenery usage is terriple, and the layout is mostly shaped from the sceneries.
Idea and creativity is however another thing. Not everyone would google such a kewl sceneries.

Offline Dragstie

• Camper
  • Soldat mapper
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:11:56 am »
it also looks like a hell of a lag for slower com,s  [pigtail]

Offline F4||3N

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 02:52:38 pm »
I don't really mind about lag at this point.
I'm just trying to learn how to map good.

What's wrong with where I put the scenery?
If it was a theme out of a movie, and you're on an island, you've got long range cannons for air and sea defense. Giant machinery drilling holes and crap. Underground tunnels.

The main problem is there's really only one route. And I've only got two options.
A giant tunnel underground. And maybe a high route.
But what could I have randomly floating in the sky, but not looking unrealistic. =\
A spaceship type thing is the only thing I can think of. But I'd have to either have another giant scenery. Or attempt to make one out of polys. But I'm eh crappy artist XD

I really like teh Mecha theme. So I think I'm gunna continue at this one, rather then make a new random map every second day!

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 03:05:57 pm »
Design the layout, then put some look there.