Author Topic: All suicides deduct score  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: All suicides deduct score
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 11:27:25 am »
Maybe do the Halo 3 style of keeping score?
Kills // Caps // Deaths // Assisted // Suicides // K/D spread
I would like that a lot.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 11:49:06 am »
Well, pretty much everything has been said - it would be a nice feature, but with netcode we have now it won't do any good, it also defeats the point of deducing score when using /kill command, and many other reasons why this won't be added.
This suggestion was a nice thing to point out though. I didn't know that /kill deduces score :/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:12:41 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 04:09:42 pm »
Accidental suicides will not be deducting from the score, ever. They occur too frequently and would severely obscure any players "Kills" count.

I guess thats it then.

But I think most of you are right. It would be extremely frustrating.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 03:56:19 am »
Soldat recognizes some - not all, unfortunately - kinds of suicides (for example if you kill yourself with a grenade, your suicide is shown with a grenade icon in the death console).
So I'd say F12 for "recognized" types of suicides (and that basically means "for suicides commited with a weapon") - mainly because of M79-suicide-rushing.

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 07:47:01 pm »
F12, to much to people grenade themsleves to stop me killing them.  Also might make them kamikazers think twice

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »
F11...
the teams could not be wronged because of suicidal.

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 09:55:13 pm »
Maybe then you should get a point, not them lose it...  The last person to fire a bullet at someone gets the kill if the suicide.  I always feel sorry for the spas-12ers who shoot me into the walls on blox...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 09:09:16 am »
Maybe then you should get a point, not them lose it...  The last person to fire a bullet at someone gets the kill if the suicide.  I always feel sorry for the spas-12ers who shoot me into the walls on blox...

Oh no, think of how it would be in games with few players. Few of your bullets hit the enemy, but he kills you first, grabs the flag, and then 15 seconds later accidentally nades himself on the other end of the map. You'll still get the kill, but you obviously didn't deserve it if you just scratched the enemy.
Also, imagine how happy sprayers will be..
The fact that your death count still increases is enough. Deaths matter almost as much as kills after all.

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:55 am »
well it would have to time out pretty quickly, so that it didn't apply to suicides later on the game.  Say if they die a few seconds (2-5 seconds something like that) or less after you've done at least a certain percentage of their health (30-40%?), then you get the kill.  That way spazzing someone into a wall, or shooting someone off an edge, or someone diving off the edge/selfkilling just to stop you getting the kill (e.g. island 2k8 or self-grenading) wouldn't be a valid way to stop you from scoring, but it wouldn't work for sprayers who get 2 bullets on your, or people who have damaged you earlier in the game.

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 05:57:34 am »
But suicides happen to commonly especially on R/S and maps like Airpirates (?) and Blox, so if it were implemented (which unfortunately I highly doubt) it would have to be either in the Soldat Config Settings or an ingame checkbox. This means that if playing online, it's still going to be the admins' decision on whether a suicide should deduct a kill (or whatever).
Anyone play KOL?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 03:52:46 pm »
This is too minor to have a whole separate option to turn it on/off. Let's not trash soldat with options that barely affect gameplay.

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 04:08:51 pm »
Accidental suicides will not be deducting from the score, ever. They occur too frequently and would severely obscure any players "Kills" count.
I guess thats it then.

This idea has been shot down 2 months ago. Nothing else to discuss.