Author Topic: WinAPI Failiure #5  (Read 1780 times)

Offline bOOmer

• Major(1)
WinAPI Failiure #5
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:27:45 am »
Hi, I just recently bought Soldat, and im having an annoying problem.
After some minutes usually 10-15, I get kicked with a message saying something like WinAPI Failiure #5. Ive even got banned from many server because of this...

So ive searched this forum and tested: Starting with admin rights, all different compability modes, turning off firewall, turning off antianalising, putting 600x400 res, 16 bit graphics... none of these work for me. I would like to be able to play :(

Im using Windows Vista 64.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: WinAPI Failiure #5
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:51:53 pm »
Do you use any security software? If so, did you try to disable and if it still doesn't work uninstall them?
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline bOOmer

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:16:19 pm »
I have turned off every security program i have. :(

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 01:25:25 pm »
I have windows Vista too and don't get this error.
Which security programs do you use and what else is running when you play?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline bOOmer

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:35:21 pm »
Lets see, my creative sound cards functions is running, my razer lachesis(mouse) and razer Lycosa(keyboard) software is running. and thats about it.
I use comod firewall, but I know that was causing problem since i read it in another thread, so that is completely off atm, not processes running at all. and spybot search and destroy, that is also completly off.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:54:02 pm »
Did you try to uninstall them completely? Simply disabling often doesn't disable them 100%.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

lamig

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 06:55:19 pm »
its actually defense+ which is causing this. Disabling won't work. you should tick deactivate the Defense+ permanently (requires a system restart.) then its status should indicate inactive

hope that helps

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 02:48:24 pm »
bOOmer, if you solved the problem, could you please post how you did it? That way, others who have the same problem could find a solution much faster.

Offline bOOmer

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 10:38:36 am »
lamig had the right solution for me, i had to turn off defense+ permamently, it didnt work to just shutdown comodo and kill all processes.
So thats it I guess.
I had another problem which i solved, sometimes my mouse buttons got "stuck" ingame, seems like soldat cant handle high polling rates on the mouse, so i had to lower that.

Thanks, bOOmer

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »
I have defense on comodo enabled and soldat works fine (except for the fact that I can't join linux servers with port 23071 :s)

here a pic how to make soldat a trusted app. (it's safer to have your defense enabled)
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 06:11:49 pm »
PQ, thanks for posting this. :)

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 05:44:21 pm »
Thankyou for posting the solution this has been bugging me since yesterday