Author Topic: Halo PC maps.  (Read 758 times)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Halo PC maps.
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:51:41 pm »
I recently purchased Halo 1 PC, as you can play it online, and I discovered Custom Edition. I then learnt how to put AI on maps and so I've made quite a few of them. Here are some screenshots of my current work, the Halo 2 map ascension with AI zombies.

These are my earlier version with Halo 2 sprites (called bipeds in CE).

Here is a screenshot of the current version:

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Halo PC maps.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:51:58 pm »
I've always loved Halo1 for PC. It's a shame the online multiplayer is very rarely played anymore, though. I'm not too sure what changes you made to those already default maps, but they look good nonetheless.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:53:49 am »
I've always loved Halo1 for PC. It's a shame the online multiplayer is very rarely played anymore, though. I'm not too sure what changes you made to those already default maps, but they look good nonetheless.

That's only one map. It's from the Halo 2 mod, and it's "Ascension".

There were 500 people online on it yesterday. It's just the netcode sucks.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:59:15 am »

That's only one map. It's from the Halo 2 mod, and it's "Ascension".

There were 500 people online on it yesterday. It's just the netcode sucks.
Ah, now I remember that old map. Back in 2005, my two "friends" were online xbox live in that map in a death match and both turned against me. One had rockets and the other was in the banshee. And to make matters worse they were being total pricks to me over the xbox live mic chat. Not a fun memory, but it brings a new meaning back to that backwords compatible map of yours.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 02:05:50 am »
Hah.

Well my map was inspired by the Game Mode "Tower of Power" from Halo 2. Best game mode ever in Halo 2.

I'm having a LAN party on thrusday, Halo 1 and 2 (Xbox) it'll be good fun. I've had two Halo 3 LAN parties but we want to go back to Halo 1. Should be good fun.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 04:18:05 pm »
I'm having a LAN party on thrusday, Halo 1 and 2 (Xbox) it'll be good fun. I've had two Halo 3 LAN parties but we want to go back to Halo 1. Should be good fun.

How about setting up a hamachi server and let the rest of us participate? We're at least 3 willing to join from my end.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:01:38 pm »

How about setting up a hamachi server and let the rest of us participate? We're at least 3 willing to join from my end.

My internet sucks for a start. We're playing on xbox's as well, not PC's, but we've got 9 people and 8 controllers, so 1 person will be on the PC, he can join your server.

Halo 1's netcode sucks and I don't have Halo 2 (Which has a descent one) and I'm in Australia, so expect lagalicious.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 03:43:24 am »
Ah, nevermind then. thursday wasn't a good day for me to begin with anyway. But we should definitely do something some day.
I fucking miss all you cunts!