Author Topic: Hangs at load  (Read 1558 times)

Offline AntZoo

• Major(1)
Hangs at load
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:15:20 am »
Hi!

Thought I'd remember the old days by installing Soldat. Found my reg info, downloaded the latest version (1.5) and installed. But anytime I run it, I get shown the screen below and nothing else happens. I tried playing with the settings to no avail. Please help.

Mentioned screen:

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Hangs at load
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:37 am »
Normally soldat loads gfx sfx etc while this screen get displayed.

Could you try to 1.6.0rc2 and tell me if it has the same issue?

Would help if you give more details like Windows version CPU and other hardware stuff.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline AntZoo

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:06:54 am »
Thx for your answer.

Where can I get the 1.6.0rc2? I tried loading soldat.pl which worked perfectly two hours earlier and all I get is a blank screen with a Wordpress error, stating:
"There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started. Need more help? We got it. You can create a wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn't work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file."

Anyway, about the tech specs - I'm using Win XP Pro SP3; a 2.8 Ghz CPU (a P4) and Sapphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis GPU. It's not really my PC and I can't find out the amount of RAM, but I'd guess not more than 1 GB, more likely 256 or 512 MB.

Let me know if I can provide more info.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:14:57 am »
Thx for your answer.

Where can I get the 1.6.0rc2? I tried loading soldat.pl which worked perfectly two hours earlier and all I get is a blank screen with a Wordpress error, stating:
"There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started. Need more help? We got it. You can create a wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn't work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file."

Anyway, about the tech specs - I'm using Win XP Pro SP3; a 2.8 Ghz CPU (a P4) and Sapphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis GPU. It's not really my PC and I can't find out the amount of RAM, but I'd guess not more than 1 GB, more likely 256 or 512 MB.

Let me know if I can provide more info.
Yeah the site is moving to a new host I think.

You can download the Second Release Candidate here in the forums:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=40960.0

Btw did you try to let it hand for a few minutes - maybe it's loading stuff slowly?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline AntZoo

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:35:02 am »
Yeah, I tried waiting for abt 10 minutes without any luck.

Nevertheless - I downloaded the 1.6 and it solved my problems! Thanks a lot, now everything runs smoothly!