Poll

Option in server's config to follow only teammates while you're dead.

F12
41 (85.4%)
F11
7 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Spying in Survival  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Re: Spying in Survival
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 02:51:04 am »
Clearly F12.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »
I don't like this idea at all. I could see where you are coming from, but I don't see it worth it because I tend to follow players to 'study' what they do on a map and counteract them the next round.
If there will be option in config.ini which would allow you to turn it off/on, there's really no problem. On your own server you can just switch it off and watch whole action.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline ENARK

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 09:48:56 am »
Spying has never been a big deal from what I have seen. At least in the American R/S sector. That includes Ventrilo. I enjoy watching both teams and seeing their strategies, if you are worried about spying id say make it so there is no team chat after you are dead. But for ventrilo, teamspeak etc. there will always be people abusing third party programs, they will find a way to spy just like people find a way to cheat through "hacking".

there is no possibility to spy if you see only what your playing teammate sees. And if you trust your opponent, and you know it wont spy, you can just play without this option.

There will always be a way, such as radar, or making both teams look like they are alpha etc etc.

Offline Original

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 10:41:27 am »
Spying has never been a big deal from what I have seen. At least in the American R/S sector. That includes Ventrilo. I enjoy watching both teams and seeing their strategies, if you are worried about spying id say make it so there is no team chat after you are dead. But for ventrilo, teamspeak etc. there will always be people abusing third party programs, they will find a way to spy just like people find a way to cheat through "hacking".

there is no possibility to spy if you see only what your playing teammate sees. And if you trust your opponent, and you know it wont spy, you can just play without this option.

There will always be a way, such as radar, or making both teams look like they are alpha etc etc.

ENARK what you're saying hardly even makes sense.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 10:50:38 am »
F12, I accidently voted F11. OH LOOK! A remove vote button.
I agree. this is awesome.

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 10:02:51 pm »
Perhaps it could be an option decided by admin on whether a dead person can speak or not. Doesn't solve stuuf like IRC and MSN. But i like spying because, in my opinion, it adds more tactics and teamwork to the game.

F11ed

I didn't read the whole post before, as for spying on enemies.... I also like it.
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 02:56:18 am »
*Sigh* Spying is pure evil!!! :P Don't do that. What is the worst about it? Sometimes you hide somewhere cause you have little hp and spies on the other team tell your exact position then you get random sprayed. It's annoying.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline TheWind

• Major
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 03:09:49 am »
This is great! I hate noobs who spy and ruin other peoples gaming.
~Minttu

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 03:11:23 am »
*Sigh* Spying is pure evil!!! :P Don't do that. What is the worst about it? Sometimes you hide somewhere cause you have little hp and spies on the other team tell your exact position then you get random sprayed. It's annoying.

IMO if you've got so little health that you're forced to hiding behind a crate and a little bit of spray fire will kill you... you're already stuffed.

What will be next?

Talking is cheap and unfair!
You can't get hit in the head while rolling!
Throwing the flag can help you win the game!
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 05:26:26 am »

IMO if you've got so little health that you're forced to hiding behind a crate and a little bit of spray fire will kill you... you're already stuffed.

What will be next?

Talking is cheap and unfair!
You can't get hit in the head while rolling!
Throwing the flag can help you win the game!

no one says its "unfair", because we could just allow it so everyone can spy. But thats not the point. You see, theres a huge group of survival players that feels spying is wrong, because it spoils/ruins survival gaming atmosphere.
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Whitehouse

• Major(1)
  • Flag Protector
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 07:01:10 am »
Although it can be very annoying, I would not want to only see what ur teammate can see. I really enjoy pressing W and zooming around the screen to see where everyone is, what their doing, and how GOOD some of the players look as they are playing. Like ENARK said, in most Americans servers, our community has squashed spying, quickly kicking or banning anyone that spies.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 07:27:26 am »
Although it can be very annoying, I would not want to only see what ur teammate can see. I really enjoy pressing W and zooming around the screen to see where everyone is, what their doing, and how GOOD some of the players look as they are playing. Like ENARK said, in most Americans servers, our community has squashed spying, quickly kicking or banning anyone that spies.

if it was that simple... you never know if someone is using TS or Ventrilo and is spying there
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:41 am »
Why not make it like cs.
You can see, but you can't talk.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 10:23:57 am »
Why not make it like cs.
After death you can talk only with dead players but in general you see only movement of our teammates left on the battelfield, so spying isn't a problem there. I wish spying in soldat was resolved in that way.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 11:45:14 am »
Why not make it like cs.

they'll just use TS or Ventrilo...
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2009, 04:57:40 pm »
F12 ofcourse, this would improve survival mode so much.

Seconded

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 07:29:15 am »
[bump]just making sure that it won't be forgotten (1.5.1 pleasee)[/bump]

;)
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead