Author Topic: BattlEye :S  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Atb`

• Major(1)
BattlEye :S
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:17:45 pm »
Ok this isn't totally a Game Improvement or Suggestion (a lil bit suggestion) but more of a Rant - (no rant section).

One of the BIGGEST reasons I play Soldat and not many other games is because of it's lack of need for high graphic quality/RAM-useage/HDD space used/Speed this makes this game unique unlike all the new games out there which require the biggest HDD, the ton of GHZ of speed or the ton of RAM. Because of this, this game is a extremely good choice for people who have 'ancient' computers and really CBF getting a better one - (also i'm real poor, Hurraaaa!!!). So, what i'm saying Soldat is the best game for people with old computers. The best thing about Soldat is the internet play, it really isn't Soldat without the internet. This all worked out until 1.5 BattlEye.

I know it's for the good of the motherland and that BattlEye prevents cheaters from using their hacks. Yeah well for every anti-cheat there's always an anti-anti-cheat. You don't exactly see servers with no hackers in it all the time, there's always a guy in there that can get passed the new updates with their subtle yet annoying aim-bot hacks. So what, the new BE may temporarily stop cheaters from using hacks in servers, they'll come back in 2 months or so and cheat just like they did back in 1.4.2, there really is no way of stopping hacks.
So Yes, you have temporarily killed of hackers, and Yes you have stopped people with older OS's from playing soldat. In the end it doesn't really match up because the sole reason for BE is to KILL cheaters, but it really only can go so far.

I'm not saying BE is useless, and i'm not judging it (because I really don't know how it works :S) but i'm saying can we atleast make online soldat usable for the older Os's (98 and 2000 - not completely sure about 2000). Us old school computers are still out here and still wanting to play :(

So anyway my suggestion is...
Can we get a BE that is compatible with the older OS's or use the old BE that was used for 1.4.2.

Because I really can't play Age of Empires 2 for THAT long.
And i'm not going back to Runescape.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:21:38 pm by Atb` »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: BattlEye :S
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:56:31 pm »
I am really sorry, but the way the new BE is integrated prevents it from running on older OSes. I didn't like to do this either, but unfortunately there is no other solution.

As I said, Windows 2000 or higher works fine.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:49:38 am »
Get with the times my friend, older os's will soon be something of the past, much like walkmans, and such. It will die out, and old os's won't be able to be compatible with everything..I honestly thought noone would have windows 98 by now.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:57:44 am »
Soldat works on Win2k service pack 4 with Direct X installed on it.
but why do you need soldat and be for win 98,95 ect ?
i mean some people still use it but most of them have a second 2k or atleast xp installed.
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 05:22:38 am »
you would see alot more haxers without BE, it needs constant updates to follow the haxers.

how's the stonage?

Offline Atb`

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:07:53 am »
you would see alot more haxers without BE, it needs constant updates to follow the haxers.

how's the stonage?

TBH, not that bad.
Ok if it works for 2k, i think i can get it. Think I just got a bit annoyed from the fact Soldat is designed for crap computers but BE isn't ><