Author Topic: Crazy Man Breaks Into My House  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
Re: Crazy Man Breaks Into My House
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 05:01:58 pm »
I must say, I agree with Demonic. Your life is pretty goddamn interesting. XD

That's quite the story there, Vijcht. Hopefully this turns into one of those stories that you and the people involved can laugh about years down the line.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:20 pm »
My problem with how this is written is that you spent an hour wrestling with someone that you all cared for, breaking bottles and hurting each other, when you and three other people could have easily pinned him down. No argument about how women are weaker than men can go against the fact that four people > one drugged up person.
I'm not trying to be overly critical here, just pointing out that fact.

As for your current state, if he's not a moron (or addicted) he will be far more careful in the future and hopefully this won't happen again.
I support echo_trail's ultimatum, though I have no experience in these matters.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:28 pm »
You write your stories with a peculilar mix of mild entertainment, lessons in life, and the grisly realities of taking drugs.

Now that I've read it, I wish it was fiction.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 06:10:07 pm »
My problem with how this is written is that you spent an hour wrestling with someone that you all cared for, breaking bottles and hurting each other, when you and three other people could have easily pinned him down. No argument about how women are weaker than men can go against the fact that four people > one drugged up person.
I'm not trying to be overly critical here, just pointing out that fact.

You really have yet to see someone blinded by rage. Four on one would likely have had the same results, but with dividing the injuries between everyone. Ever seen a woman's nose breaking due to a smashing fist or a headbutt? Not pretty.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 07:47:36 pm »
Probably not an appropriate thing to bring up, but your writing skills are exceptional, Vij. That said, I hope no significant damage has come to anything or anyone. Especially your friend; make sure he doesn't plan on taking any unknown substances again. PCP is horrifying.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 08:15:11 pm »
I'd say any mixture of a hallucinogen and a major upper is bad news. While 4 year is (hopefully) just going for shock value this is one of the reasons guns are at my house but not loaded; you can talk some people down because you have one, and if not its something heavy.

Scary stuff dude, I hope it doesn't happen to you again, and I hope it never happens to anyone. Which it will, and that saddens me.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 09:22:14 pm »
My brother's roommate got caught doing/dealing drugs and was kicked out. You should probably do the same until he's clean.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 09:49:00 pm »
So what, is it an ultimatum thing? "Shape up or leave the house"?

No. He made a mistake and he knows it. What he doesn't know, I'm going to make damned certain he feels guilty about. And he won't be doing that again, he'll get the point.

...you spent an hour wrestling with someone that you all cared for, breaking bottles and hurting each other, when you and three other people could have easily pinned him down. No argument about how women are weaker than men can go against the fact that four people > one drugged up person.

Demonic's reply is correct. Though I would argue that more people equates to more injuries. There are also a few confounding factors that made it so that I was the only one who could take down my friend. First, the women couldn't subdue my friend -- they tried when he jumped on Jorge, but they have little experience fighting and even together they're weaker than my friend. With them in the midst, I had to worry about hurting the girls. With them out of the way, though, I could focus on at least neutralizing the threat and getting the beaten Jorge and the girls to safety.

I also couldn't use Jorge. He would be helpful if my drugged friend managed to overcome me in a fight but he is a violent person, especially so when inebriated like last night. If he joined the fight, my friend would have ended up in the hospital and I would have had to struggle to keep Jorge from hurting my friend further. I therefore had the girls keep Jorge separate from everything with instructions to let him out of their locked room only if things got out of my control.

Finally, "four people > one drugged up person" is certainly not a fact. Some drugs, like PCP, give certain users incredible strength. There was a report a while back where six police officers in a holding cell tried to take down a single person high on PCP, but the man managed to knock two of them out and substantially injure the rest -- even after the person was sprayed in the face and eyes with pepper spray. In my case, I was lucky that my friend was either the type of person that doesn't gain strength or he took too little for it to have much of a physical effect (the man had the stamina of a mule, though).

...this is one of the reasons guns are at my house but not loaded; you can talk some people down because you have one, and if not its something heavy.

That's a wonderful way to use a gun. I had a friend who kept a pump-action shotgun in his house for that very reason. He figured that all it would take was one chickCHICK to get an intruder running.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"