Poll

"Camping" on Defending Team on INF is Camping or Defending

IT IS CAMPING!!!
ITS MOS DEF DEFENDING!!!
Errrmm.... It Defends *cough cough* DEPENDS!

Author Topic: "Camping" in INF  (Read 1342 times)

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
"Camping" in INF
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:15:27 pm »
Okay... this has been bothering me lately... Im the type of guy that loves to defend in INF and i cant help but notice that... when im DEFENDING the attacking screams CAMPER at me and other players on my team when we find a good vantage point....

PLEASE SOME ON BACK ME UP ON THIS!!!! ANYONE!!!! DEFENDING ON INF IS NOT CAMPING!!! ITS THE JOB OF THE 'DEFENDING' TEAM!!! ARGH!!!!

[Alphaguy] [Alphaguy] [Bravoguy]
~EASTSIDEKILLA~
          "Imma fill you up with more lead than a pencil factory!"

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
Re: "Camping" in INF
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 07:23:14 pm »
You are completely right. It is camping, and it is also defending. However, it was what blue team is supposed to do. Doing anything other than camping is stupid. People who b***h at blue team for camping aren't very smart...

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 07:34:19 pm »
It's Bravo's job to stop Alpha from scoring or taking their flag. The easiest way to do that is to keep them from even getting near the flag by defending choke points. Alpha's challenge is to break apart that defense, while Bravo has to stop or delay them while still keeping their defense strong.

If you're having trouble attacking, remember to keep the alternate routes open for access to the flag. People tend to get pretty jumpy if their flag's missing.

Camping is annoying, yes, but it just makes you feel all the better when you sneak up behind that asshole and steal his flag.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:24 pm »
idk... it just erks me that ppl say its camping...
so when they bark at me for campin i just say...

NO ITS CALLED DEFEND!!! ITS JUST CAMPING WITH STYLE!  :P
~EASTSIDEKILLA~

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 02:52:51 am »
I suggest you /mute those people. Obviously they have nothing intelligent to say to you.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:24:26 am »
In Australian GA servers no one complains about camping in INF or any game mode for that matter (and those who do are idiots). Anyway, besides for camping what else can Bravo do? If they charge to the White Flag its suddenly "Spawn killing", and if they charge around the map aimlessly not staying at the flag or chokepoints, the game is pointless.

Also, your poll makes no sense...
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 09:31:05 am »
Camping is defending...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 12:08:23 pm »
To camp is to stay in a favourable position and be ready to take out opponents from that position.

The goal of Bravo (blue), the defending team, is to keep the black flag in place so that they score points overtime. The goal of Alpha (red), the attacking team, is to take the black flag and bring it back to the white flag to score a number of points in one shot. Bravo does not get points if the flag is not in its original position.

Therefore, Bravo must prevent Alpha from even reaching the black flag, let alone take it. This is done by slowing down the attackers and maintaining a hold over important positions.

If you are Bravo and you are camping, you are like the watch tower that stops the incoming Alpha players. It is a method of defense, an efficient and common one too, most seen with Barrett-users (eg: on Inf_Moonshine, a sniper may camp on the roof to snipe incoming Alpha players on the top lane).

Spawnkilling is another tactic, but if you are doing that, you should be playing CTF, not INF. Preventing the spawning of your opposition defeats the whole purpose of INF; it's as good as playing Bravo without Alpha and Alpha without Bravo.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:13:37 pm by STM1993 »

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 03:46:35 pm »
In Australian GA servers no one complains about camping in INF or any game mode for that matter (and those who do are idiots). Anyway, besides for camping what else can Bravo do? If they charge to the White Flag its suddenly "Spawn killing", and if they charge around the map aimlessly not staying at the flag or chokepoints, the game is pointless.

Also, your poll makes no sense...
i believe my poll makes sense to a point now that i looked @ it.... i had a brain fart as to the BLUE TEAM = DEFENDING TEAM..... maybe u didnt think hard enough  ::) but thanxs the heads up lol
~EASTSIDEKILLA~

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 03:50:43 pm »
Camping is camping.

If it pisses you off, well... thats up to you.

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 03:54:38 pm »
Well... camping doesnt bother me... i kinda look @ it like a way to ermm..... develop tactics against campers :D but when the "camper" starts trash talkin.... then it will start to piss me off but since its INF there are so many passages and routes the red team can use they will be to push watching their butts!  [retard]
~EASTSIDEKILLA~

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 03:59:19 pm »
PLEASE SOME ON BACK ME UP ON THIS!!!! ANYONE!!!! DEFENDING ON INF IS NOT CAMPING!!! ITS THE JOB OF THE 'DEFENDING' TEAM!!! ARGH!!!!
NO ITS CALLED DEFEND!!! ITS JUST CAMPING WITH STYLE!  :P
And it's called yelling.
Quote from: Forum Rules
  • No YELLING.
Maybe I'm not moderator here but I'm using my common sense.
Back to topic: I can't say I'm not camping at all, it's a part of tactic. ;d When you are defending the flag sometimes you are just forced to camp.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 04:05:18 pm »
welll ermmm..... i wasnt really yelling.... and uhhmmm...... o0o yeah.... i was just uhhhh.... IF YOUR NOT A MODERATER THEN SHUSH!!! but if u want u can get one and i will gladly talk to him/her.

good day MA'M! ;D
~EASTSIDEKILLA~

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 04:49:28 pm »
Defending != Camping, in INF its far better to patrol areas as Bravo, and know when to fall-back or attack.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 05:18:25 pm »
Ever since I was in A*, I learned that in the defense team, everything is defending. There's no excuse of camping when you're in the blue team.
You're clean man.

If it's ctf or other matches, it depends.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 08:50:32 pm »
Why are you listening to people in pubs? They are stupid. I find camping boring but fine in Inf. I do the jump around kinda thing.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 09:56:31 pm »
Why are you listening to people in pubs? They are stupid. I find camping boring but fine in Inf. I do the jump around kinda thing.
o0o i know killroy.... i played u online before!  :D
~EASTSIDEKILLA~

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 10:22:33 pm »
Camp =/= Defend, BUT Camp is a method of Defense in INF.

Just to stress that.