Author Topic: Waypointing ctf_Ratsteroids  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Waypointing ctf_Ratsteroids
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:03:44 am »
My progress thus far.  This isn't an easy map to waypoint, but it's very doable.  It just requires a lot of quirky testing since they are so many spawns... hope I don't hit the waypoint limit, or else things will really start to bug.

You're welcome Ratboy (?) ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:05:16 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
Re: Waypointing ctf_Ratsteroids
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:18:20 am »
Hola crep!, the thing about waypointing this one is that you can't allow the bots to fall off to the deadly cloud, and there's holes everywhere, you've got to see that the fuel they use in one jump allows them to finish the next one, and there's lots of routes around.

If you're able to do this I'll be very happy, if the spawns are an issue for gameplay besides the bots, they can be re-arranged, that's not an issue, I just place them where I think they'll go fine, remember that this one is a map intended for a lot of players.

That said, thanks again for the effort dude! =D

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Ratsteroids - alpha wpts
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 01:51:14 pm »
Well, I kinda knew this would happen from the start.

I've completely waypointed Alpha (to the best of my ability).  Out of 28 bots, I think about 18 made it to Bravo flag.  Eventually, over time, they all make it.  The path leading into the middle asteroid tunnel was the most difficult spot :(, and the bots have the most trouble there (only ~50% of the bots complete the jumps/jets accurately).

Buuuut, as I used 395 waypoints for Alpha team, duplicating the waypoints for Bravo team peaks the waypoint cap by 290 waypoints.  I tried it anyway, but Bravo team just freaks out.

I've learned a little more about waypointing, so I guess it's been worth the effort (?).  If anyone knows how to reduce the # of waypoints while keeping functionality, and then would make the waypoints for Bravo, my efforts would not have been in vain.  It would rock to play this map with bots ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:40:51 pm by Blacksheepboy »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:50:55 am »
I guess bravo cant be done so far. I looked over the waypoints of Ratsteroids and I really think you cant do it, but it seems to be cool for onlinegaming so far :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 04:37:17 pm »
I guess bravo cant be done so far. I looked over the waypoints of Ratsteroids and I really think you cant do it...

Agreed.