Author Topic: Necro-Cannibalism - Is it acceptable?  (Read 21943 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Necro-Cannibalism - Is it acceptable?
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:35:09 pm »
(Please lock this thread if it is inappropriate.)
Cannibalism is to eat another whom is of your own kind, in the case of this thread, a human eating another human. In desperate times such as famines or a lack of food, people may resort to cannibalism to survive.

While it is accepted as wrong and insane to kill someone who is living to eat him even when in desperation, what if the person was already dead from the start?

On one hand, you need to consume the body as food to survive. On the other hand, like in a funeral, the person's body should be respected and so should not be eaten.

Discuss your views on this issue. It can include religious views.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:40:21 pm by STM1993 »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Necro-Cannibalism - Is it acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:12:13 pm »
I don't remember the movie, but it happens. The survivors in the snowy mountain ate the dead passangers' ass.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:28:20 pm »
I don't remember the movie, but it happens. The survivors in the snowy mountain ate the dead passangers' ass.

yes, but thy did not killed them, thy were already dead from the crash, no?

still, if i can't eat something, besides someone else, i'm eating him.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:32:25 pm »
I think this is one of those things you have to be in the situation to have an opinion on. You may be lazily sitting in your house eating Cheeotos thinking cannibalism is totally wrong, but after being in a snowy mountain pass for two months those dead corpses start to look a lot more like a way to live. I do not and can not have an opinion on this.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 03:37:21 pm »
i'd love to eat someone actually....
i'd be like

hmmm, doesn't taste like chicken..

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 04:05:18 pm »

yes, but thy did not killed them, thy were already dead from the crash, no?

still, if i can't eat something, besides someone else, i'm eating him.
I'm only delicious to hot ladies.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 04:06:26 pm »
If you're stranded somewhere and your buddies are dying, might as well eat them while they're still fresh. If not, you're wasting resources. If you're really incapable of finding other food, I don't see god / religion / morals as being relevant.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:10:13 pm »
Sick, sick, sick. 

I'd never eat another human being..That's just disgusting.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 04:14:38 pm »
How tastes men flesh? I bet it's not delicious...Consider all the junk we are eating, detergents which we are using, body butter which is rubbed...for sure it's not healthy.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 05:11:01 pm »
Sick, sick, sick. 

So you would rather die? I would eat if I know I had a chance to survive.
How tastes men flesh? I bet it's not delicious...Consider all the junk we are eating, detergents which we are using, body butter which is rubbed...for sure it's not healthy.
Which part would you like sir, head, rib, arm, leg, dick and balls, or ass?
I prefer rib in well to take away the human blood and crispy. (ONLY IF I HAD NO CHOICE)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:13:06 pm by tehsnipah »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 05:15:29 pm »
Which part would you like sir, head, rib, arm, leg, dick and balls, or ass?
Just like you'd eat any animal. Ignore the useless parts, like the gonads (unless you're into that :P), and primarily focus on the ribs, wings, etc. And if you want some real spunk, be sure to checkout the brain, loads of protein there. I'm sure the eye balls would make quite a treat as well.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 05:22:41 pm »
Bulls' testicles are eatable... I wonder what kind of nutrition there is in that part...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 05:24:15 pm »
Bulls' testicles are eatable... I wonder what kind of nutrition there is in that part...
afaik some indigenous old tribes in australia survive almost entirely on kangaroo testicles. So I'm sure there's some nutritional value there.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 05:31:09 pm »
afaik some indigenous old tribes in australia survive almost entirely on kangaroo testicles. So I'm sure there's some nutritional value there.
Oh man... Which part do you reccomend not to eat?

In my view, intestine; because the biles and etc will smell horrible.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 05:45:31 pm »
They're dead. If you're considering eating a dead body then you probably need it way more than the deceased.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 06:22:35 pm »
However, it has been found some people who did cannibalism got horribly messed up diseases. One of the reasons we don't feed cows different cows any more. So you have to have zero other choice or it may or may not screw you up.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:49 pm »
I don't really see the problem with eating dead people, I think it's kinda weird and I'd have trouble doing it, but it's just meat like other animals.
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 07:26:16 pm »
Sick, sick, sick. 

sometimes you have to do disgusting things to survive. I sure wouldn't give a shit if someone had to eat my body to survive. I'm already dead, what does it matter? I would like them to keep my skull around though. Put that thing on the fireplace mantle.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 08:34:31 pm »
I don't really see the problem with eating dead people, I think it's kinda weird and I'd have trouble doing it, but it's just meat like other animals.
The problem I'm thinking is the blood. Since we eat the body, it could have some blood left. And if that blood unluckily enters your circulatory system and unluckily have a different blood cell type, then you could be in a bit of trouble.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 10:08:51 pm »
The problem I'm thinking is the blood. Since we eat the body, it could have some blood left. And if that blood unluckily enters your circulatory system and unluckily have a different blood cell type, then you could be in a bit of trouble.
It won't happen unless you have a cut/wound and the blood is exposed to that area - that's where agglutination might occur. Blood cells in blood would probably be destroyed by the acid when it enters the stomach.

Regarding the taste of human flesh, I read it up on wikipedia a little:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism#Other_cases

Prior to 1931, New York Times reporter William Buehler Seabrook, allegedly in the interests of research, obtained from a hospital intern at the Sorbonne a chunk of human meat from the body of a healthy human killed by accident, and cooked and ate it. He reported that, "It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:11:50 pm by STM1993 »