Author Topic: inf_Warlock in progress  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
inf_Warlock in progress
« on: April 25, 2009, 05:26:28 am »
Though I've been into mapping for years, this is my first infiltration map. Basically creating it for the inf contest, as you can probably see, the goal is not to make typical large inf map, but hectic, balanced and smooth map.

The gray polygons are only player collides.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 02:09:35 pm by Suowarrior »

DarkCrusade

Re: inf_Warlock in progress
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 05:42:54 am »
Try to give bravo the advantage of being hard to attack. You could make these OPC player colliding BUT bullets go just from bravos side to alphas side, others get blocked :)

Or create a little "bunker" for the flag where you can only get in from the right side like in inf_Outpost from the default list [pigtail]

IMO the way for alpha to the blue flag is too short, I would enlarge it to the left and set the flagbase more high, that´s all I can say at the moment, but from layout it looks good till now ;)

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 06:24:51 am »
Try to give bravo the advantage of being hard to attack. You could make these OPC player colliding BUT bullets go just from bravos side to alphas side, others get blocked :)

Or create a little "bunker" for the flag where you can only get in from the right side like in inf_Outpost from the default list [pigtail]

IMO the way for alpha to the blue flag is too short, I would enlarge it to the left and set the flagbase more high, that´s all I can say at the moment, but from layout it looks good till now ;)

Actually we don't want to have it far for alpha to reach blue flag as its the mayor fault of most inf maps as you have to run for 10 seconds without action then get sniped then run for 10 seconds without action get sniped again and so on. what we want todo is to have intense gameplay where you are all the time playing at the edge.
Anyways here is my small suggestion should make it just a bit easier to chase efc:

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:13:14 am »
I think that the lower route is too fast and protected
when someone takes the flag and go low, there's a huge island protecting him. then when it's not protecting anymore, it's closer to the alpha spawns.... maybe a hill would fix that
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:07 am »
^Definitely^

It'd make the back/top route a little more used and experimented with by the players/flagrunner.

And yes, don't extend Alpha's area to the left.  That would just be pointless.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:46:01 am »
As de Espada, that's wonderful :). I'll add the hill and modify the big poly island smaller.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:46:22 pm »
I'm glad to help ;)
other thing that I noticed: medkits and nades are supporting only bravo

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 01:15:47 pm »
When testing the map I noticed that the high route is useless for alpha unless all bravo wait at the other route ... the high route has many advantages for the bravoteam:  First of all they can hurt the enemy at 3 spots: first spot is up, some autoshots or better barragefire do the kill, second spot is MORE deadly (up to 3 or more enemies at one time can shoot one poor guy AND nade spot 3); after surviving this 2 spots you have to run through this curve and suddenly move up, nades are very, very DEADLY, autofire or m79 shots make it impossible to survive it ...

At least you put a little "health-zone" with grenades and hiding in that isnt nadeable because of colliders, but I miss there a medikit spawnplace :(

I dont like that you can spawncamp the whole alphateam with barret or law from bravoside, it is abnerving to get directly after spawning a headshot or simply explode ... >:(

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 01:16:32 pm »
Just tested the fixes. And first time it felt balanced! Medicits support bravo cos it's just the way it is, changing it would change balance dramatically.

I dont like that you can spawncamp the whole alphateam with barret or law from bravoside, it is abnerving to get directly after spawning a headshot or simply explode ... >:(

Well it's not really issue, since alpha can just spray the barretard. I can do Guardian like spawns which solves that.

Basically the idea is that barretard could kill the flagger who is waiting for flag return, that's why it's having range for spawns.

There won't be huge changes in gameplay anymore, Im very satisfied how it works now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:22:19 pm by Suowarrior »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 01:36:15 pm »
Alright, but really think about this one medikit on the right side for alpha

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 02:42:34 pm »
Just tested the fixes. (...) Im very satisfied how it works now.
Can you give us a new screen? or you'll release it soon?

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:02:02 am »
Updated.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 03:06:31 am »
Updated.

Is the overview new or is it the old one? :)

Offline Snack

• Soldier
  • Ehm ;_;
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 03:16:38 am »
Ze new one.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 04:29:21 am »
Shading is okay, now give it a unique look, stretching and scenery ;)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 01:31:20 pm »
It's like, how does one go about finding a theme for a map like this?  It's definitely not the easy "Hm just some trees and bushes here.." map.  You could go one of several different ways; so with that said, good luck :D