Author Topic: Winapi failure #2 and an access violation "d3d8.dll" [SOLVED]  (Read 5470 times)

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
I'm getting kicked off servers for winapi failure #2... Get kicked by battle eye then get that access violation. When it started happening i tried to open soldat it said something about directx 8.1 and to try compatability mode which i did but got the same message. I then reinstalled directx 10 i no longer get this message on restarting soldat but i do still get the winapi failure #2 and the access violation. I also reinstall soldat twice and deleted all system files and reinstalled my graphics card driver and deleted soldat registry entires. This issue started a few days ago after a week of playing normally with no errors. Also if i get this error on a gather sever it sometimes kicks all player from the server...

Would really appreciate any help with this.  :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:20:01 pm by chazzer_ »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: Winapi failure #2 and an access violation "d3d8.dll"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 02:42:18 pm »
What is the exact access violation? And when do you get the access violation? Immediately when seeing the yellow kick message, or after a while when returning to the server browser?

Also, what do you mean with "it kicks all players"? What are they kicked for?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:44:26 pm by $able »
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline moep

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 03:09:14 pm »
I'm experiencing similar problems since the latest BE update.
I have deleted and reinstalled Soldat. I've also killed all user processes to provide a 'clean' environment.
Nonetheless BE-'protected' servers kick me after a few seconds with a "BE - WinAPI Hook #0" message.
I have not changed any system settings or installed anything except for a GfWL update over the last few days. (And I'm not cheating ;))
Maybe sth. has been messed up to cause BE to detect Windows 7 as an API hook?
#tba.clan

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14:51 pm »

Right after the yellow message saying CHAZZER has been kicked for a Battle Eye Violation.
It kicks me straight onto my desktop with soldat minimised and the access violation showing.
When i go back onto the server about %50 of the time everyone has left/been kicked from the server. (Unlikely that 5 people decide to leave the server at the same time).

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit but this should'nt matter as i have run soldat on here before.

I usually get kicked after playing for about 5 mins.

Ah yea and the other thing is my wallpaper is removed after the error as shown, reappears on restart.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:22:07 pm by chazzer_ »

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 03:33:45 pm »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 04:13:55 pm »
Hm, there is something seriously wrong on your system if even your wallpaper disappears. I suppose you have to restart your system then (not only Soldat)?

If you think that people are kicked, please provide proof and the kick reason if possible.

Do you run any security software and did you scan your system for malware?
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 04:46:32 pm »
Was on a gather and another player got kicked twice when i got the error he said everyone got kicked and blamed me :P so im about 90% sure.

I might just try a complete reinstall of windows.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 04:51:56 pm »
Kicked for?

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 05:05:35 pm »
He didnt say.

Yea run comodo firewall and antivirus. Tried running soldat without them on and the same thing happens.

And yea no malware/spyware/such.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 05:11:43 pm »
Oh Comodo... it seems quite some people have problems with it for a while now.

Hopefully this helps you: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=33707.msg404259#msg404259 (also read the other post below).

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 05:18:27 pm »
Thank you ill give this a try

EDIT: Yea that seems to have worked :D ty very much for your help

I cant believe it was that simple lol i hate it when programs dont turn off when you tell them to. Zonealarm used to do it too.. Anyway ty again
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:41:25 pm by chazzer_ »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 05:53:30 pm »
Never turn off security software by preventing them to run. Most of them are never really disabled then.

Either uninstall them completely or use their interface to adjust settings and/or disable particular components.

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 02:50:21 am »
Yea, comodo is misleading tho. U disable it from the tray icon but aparrently it still runs :P

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:23:08 am »
Yea, comodo is misleading tho. U disable it from the tray icon but aparrently it still runs :P
yea, very weird... Should post that at the COMODO forums.
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven