Author Topic: Soldat StoryMode  (Read 7115 times)

DarkCrusade

Re: Soldat StoryMode
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 01:08:53 pm »
Gnoblar, I see you dont get what this thread means ... if we talked about a script it wouldn´t be in "Game Improvements / Suggestions" but in one of the scripting subforums.

Playing the storymode (not mod) can be slower than normal game, but that is just realistic since you cant rush a whole mission in real combat even if you are Rambo and seem to evade every bullet ...

Instead of desperating newbies on servers with progamers they can walk through a little list of tutorialmissions and get into Soldat. Then they can play normally with others and don´t get the ass out of this game. Nearby it offers a new way of doing maps. Mapping community can raise and we will see more of them [pigtail]

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 02:04:30 pm »
Sorry lads. Unless you can script it it's not gonna happen.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 01:27:32 am »
MissionMod. Have fun.

(Although it may be broken on Soldat 1.5.0/Dedicated Server 2.6.4.)
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 02:17:45 am »
well mission mod 2 work with 1.5 however not at it fullest potential because of problems with forceweapon and paradroping bots getting stuck in the air.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 03:45:57 am »
Quote from: zyxstand
story mode would rock. triggers would rock. if we have triggers, we could get more ppl working on a story mode... (Soldat\Missions\mission1.smm)
and ppl could make custom missions etc.
it deviates from soldat's style, but for a game that's under heavy development (even after 8 yrs) that might not be a bad idea, as long as its original contents stays (ie: the way multiplayer is played)

billion times JYEAHS!!!!!111oneoneeleven

f12 surely! |TRIGERS|! we need |TRIGERS|! and scripts implented in offline game, not only online

i think the mapping community is ready to make some maps but give them Trigers!

ps:
MissionMod. Have fun.
hmmm Hexer and MissionMod are online... cant agree

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 06:27:45 am »
Well then give me the link, DarkCrusade and I'll try it. I understand this thread, but I think it's mostly scriptable, therefore unlikely to be added.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 02:30:46 pm »
nah it's not mostly scriptable. triggers are not very effective in scripting. multithreading works at best once a second which is not enough for fully functional triggers. plus polygon disappearance would be most useful. Plus specific bot controls are not available yet either. (like making them move specifically how you want to, firing at specific targets, etc.)
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 02:41:30 pm »
Perhaps multiple map versions would work?  Like... after so-and-so enemys have been killed, the map switches to basically the same thing but with a door open?  Player enters elevator -> the nextmap would be the same but with the elevator on a new floor..?  Just brainstorming lol. :P

(although I'd rather see some innovation with mapmaking, polygons, and trigger effects in soldat ;) animated scenery is nice...but not really a game-changing update.)
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 12:16:49 am »
I dont know the name of the server anymore, but it is Zakaths so just ask him :)

To topic: Yes, we would need a new mapformat and a new mapmaker OR an update of Polyworks ... the format would need scripting (e.g. if 10 hits [p43] == true do delete p43 --!! p stands for polygon) and special botbehaviour that should be scriptable too, even spawnpoints should be scriptable, like if player hits [p=12], spawn boogieman on [s3] and s would stand for spawn :)

Offline |_ancer

• Soldier
  • again and again.
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 06:39:52 am »
This seems a far far away before it is implemented in Soldat as a main thing.

MissionMod is like Soldat StoryMode script.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 06:40:55 am »

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 09:27:15 am »
I would indeed like to see a new polyworks with .GIF support and the abilty to refresh your scenery list without restartinh polyworks.

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 01:03:25 pm »
And why not ad a CO-OP play with the story mod.
Eventually the difficulty would have to be higher. More players means more difficulty.
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 09:15:58 pm »
If there was a story mode, chances are people will play it only once, because stories have endings.

Just look at super smash bros brawl.

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 06:43:41 am »
yea, but if we make maps for story mode, it will be in constant update and things.
Also , it could be ,like a story mode...with updates if we want, and maps with situations to play on.
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:56 am »
This has been suggested before, and I think MM has been thinking about this for some time, at some stage it will be implemented, the problem is that at this time MM is still busy fixing up 1.5 and his other games, berserker and link dead. Once all of that is done (Long time from now, probably) he's going back to upgrading soldat.
b&

Offline rayanaga

• Soldier
  • ~Fur flying~
    • Kryonex
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 11:56:53 pm »
I think this Story mod would be pretty neat to implement in a regular soldat server.

As for triggers, I believe  if you use some FastIdle methods you can get past the 1 second barrier. No, that doesn't include ThreadFunc because we all know that that is quite unstable.

As for mission mod, I believe you could make the Story Mod a bit more elaborate then the Mission mod.

I'm for the story mod.
[kY] Kryonex - Your local zombie fanatics.
http://www.kryonex.com/

Offline HeavyMetal.Penguin91

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2009, 12:42:18 am »
Not going to happen. It'd be cool to see. But it's not going to happen.

totally agree with this, no ones going to bother to make a single player campaign, story mode, whatever, to a multiplayer game.
(">

Offline lopezz

• Major(1)
  • i like big butts
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 10:03:59 pm »
Hell, not sure if this would be a one man job, though I'd happily make maps for this if its widely supported :)  and some mission stories/dialogue too ;D.

As for coding, I'm quite hopeless :P
me too, i couldnt do that coding junk, but i do now how to make a nice map, and i could do an awsome storyline for it >:( but this is just as hopeless as parachute kits flash grenades and VEHICLES(&) TURRAIN DESTRUCTION, all great things, but meker of game was too lazy, we could have had millions upon millions of players if vehicles would justbe added, and instead of everyone complaining, wecould have been one great happy fragging family   [Alphaguy] :'( no vehicles makes me cry

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 03:25:56 am »
^^Haahaaah, I love this kid!  [retard]
I fucking miss all you cunts!