Author Topic: inf_Belltower  (Read 1523 times)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
inf_Belltower
« on: April 27, 2009, 03:41:53 pm »
Heres a map I've been on/off tinkering with for the mapping contest.  Haven't had a chance to test it with more people yet, so I was wondering if anyone could test this on a server somewhere so I can get feedback on the gameflow and errors/other stuff :).

My first inf map so I wouldn't be surprised if theres something horribly wrong with it :P.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: inf_Belltower
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:47:13 pm »
I uploaded it to #soldat.mapping inf server however you should really consider join #soldat.mapping at quakenet and play with us as its really hard to balance inf maps without first hand experience of playing them.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 03:50:24 pm »
Alright, how would I go about doing this? :o

I'm in the IRC channel right now, do I need to sign up for anything? :P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:55:05 pm by p0ppin »
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »
ahh I missed you, heading off for bed now but check by tommorow and we'll arrange a playtest.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 04:37:33 pm »
Atmosphere = win :]

May test it on #soldat.mapping one of these days. That would rock.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:26 pm »
I try my best to make a good atmosphere, and sometimes this is my weakness.  I forsake playability to make it look prettier.  I tried to use less polygons than I usually do on this map, so we'll see how it plays :).

@zak:  Is this a european thing?  Just wonder because of 6+ hour time differences and stuff that might complicate things :P.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 05:31:07 pm »
Seems awesome! It's very different for an infiltration map and we need more of the different variety stuff. Nice and original...keep it up!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 10:13:58 pm »
yeah! really nice
castleish
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 02:04:01 am »
I try my best to make a good atmosphere, and sometimes this is my weakness.  I forsake playability to make it look prettier.  I tried to use less polygons than I usually do on this map, so we'll see how it plays :).

@zak:  Is this a european thing?  Just wonder because of 6+ hour time differences and stuff that might complicate things :P.
well yeah but if you are just +6 it shouldn't be a problem we can play sometime in the afternoon for you perhaps?

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 01:54:35 pm »
Yeah sure, I get home from school at 14:50-15:00.  Sooo, anytime after that should be okay :P

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 06:01:35 am »
I like it a lot. Inspired me.

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 08:05:36 am »
Had fun playing this map unfortunaly it is unbalanced in favor of the attacker. so you need to make it easier to defend somehow.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 01:57:31 pm »
Well I'm actually glad its unbalanced for the attacker, because I think making it more defendable is easier to fix :P

There are a few things I could try...

1)  Making all of bravo spawn in the base area, instead of just one.
2)  Eehh not to hot about this idea but, I could make it easier for bravo to camp (more bushes/pillars and shit).
3) Make alpha spawn further away so defenders have a bit more time to regroup between waves.

Tell me what you think it needs, I value all of your opinions greatly :).

Zak, on a scale of 1 to 10, how easy was it for the attackers?

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 02:05:03 pm »
1)  Making all of bravo spawn in the base area, instead of just one.
2)  Eehh not to hot about this idea but, I could make it easier for bravo to camp (more bushes/pillars and s**t).
3) Make alpha spawn further away so defenders have a bit more time to regroup between waves.

I support 1st but other two makes it less fun.

I would see more stable flag place. Flag drops down very easily and defender need to all the time be returning it. Also the flag place could have more room, the flag place is atm very stiffy which makes it easier to attack.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 02:10:59 pm »
Hmm I'll take a look and see what I can do  :P

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 04:44:02 pm »
Good map :D
Infiltration|Veterinarian