Author Topic: a key for throwing flag  (Read 1912 times)

Offline kzya

• Major
a key for throwing flag
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:27:55 am »
I really suggest making a key for throwing flag (like G)
since we need to press up and down at the same time which is annoying.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Re: a key for throwing flag
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:37:27 am »

I don't like flag throwing. I think that to do it you must use a certain technique, not just press a button. That makes it too easy.

F11

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:02:55 am »

I don't like flag throwing. I think that to do it you must use a certain technique, not just press a button. That makes it too easy.

F11

Well for IceBeam and Blade, flagthrowing is necessary, although I don't think that soldat should have just one button for flagthrowing because the flagthorw would be pretty fast and people might be able too multicap easily. But what I think soldat needs an easier explanation for flagthrow so new people can flagthrow aswell.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:07:36 am by Biggles »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:29:20 am »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 02:19:11 am »

F11

Well for IceBeam and Blade, flagthrowing is necessary, although I don't think that soldat should have just one button for flagthrowing because the flagthorw would be pretty fast and people might be able too multicap easily. But what I think soldat needs an easier explanation for flagthrow so new people can flagthrow aswell.
Your reasons for not doing this idea are because it will make the game faster and better to play? Isn't that a good thing to do?

F12 from me, personally. I think it's a good idea, although it may require the keyboard layout to be reworked.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 05:24:45 am »
No I think throwing the flag should be a reward, not a normal part of gameplay.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 05:59:43 am »
I would say strongly no to an extra button for this reason. up+down works fine. I only wish flags were less buggy

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 06:25:04 am »
F12. Being able to throw the flag when you're walking without having to jump in the process would be convenient. (And honestly, the "Should be a reward" argument is the stupidest concept I've ever heard. Any steps away from casual game elitism are good in my book)
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline |_ancer

• Soldier
  • again and again.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 06:37:07 am »
F11, it's just another useless key for just flag throwing. Just deal with the defaults, W and S.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:53 am »
F11, I think you can change it by options? Anyway it´s a bad idea. Maybe flagthrowing can be sometimes buggy, but just think about hitting the button in the wrong situation just by bad luck and flag is gone ... Annoying!

Btw: Since there are already threads suggesting the same you should consider about using the searchfunction [pigtail]

Offline Colonel ONeill

• Major
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:23:50 am »
As it has already been said, the problem is not the keys, but the fact the flag is too buggy.

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:01 am »
Yes the flag is buggy and should be fixed, yet i'm divided about the key. Yes it would make things easier, but as it is is a point of adversity in the gameplay that helps to improve skills. So if we add it we could make it easier for people to throw, but if we don't the game keeps as hard ass as it is. Again, i'm divided...

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 06:02:21 pm »
You could use auto-hot key to assign both buttons to the g-button, however, you would still jump every time you toss the flag.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 09:00:20 pm »
No I think throwing the flag should be a reward, not a normal part of gameplay.
What on earth are you on about?

F11, it's just another useless key for just flag throwing. Just deal with the defaults, W and S.
It wouldn't be useless, because it would be easier to initiate the flag throw.

You could use auto-hot key to assign both buttons to the g-button, however, you would still jump every time you toss the flag.
Not everyone has the ability to assign a key to other keys. And flag throwing wouldn't affect movement if there was a separate key rather than it being incorporated into the movement keys.

F11, I think you can change it by options? Anyway it´s a bad idea. Maybe flagthrowing can be sometimes buggy, but just think about hitting the button in the wrong situation just by bad luck and flag is gone ... Annoying!
No, you can't change it in the options. That's why this thread exists. Also, see below about flag being bugged.

Yes the flag is buggy and should be fixed, yet i'm divided about the key. Yes it would make things easier, but as it is is a point of adversity in the gameplay that helps to improve skills. So if we add it we could make it easier for people to throw, but if we don't the game keeps as hard ass as it is. Again, i'm divided...
But it's awkward to throw at the moment, therefore making it hard. Anyway, what's the problem with making it hard to throw? I personally think it would be great for teamwork if people threw the flag more. Also, see below about flag being bugged.

I would say strongly no to an extra button for this reason. up+down works fine. I only wish flags were less buggy

Flag throws would be less buggy (or at least easier to aim) if there was one key instead of two keys for pressing it. As it is, you affect your movement too greatly to make flag throwing even a quater-way useful, and with the latest flag throwing maps, this is a problem that is sure to arise again and again.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 01:21:02 am »
f12 throwing key would rock, only if the flag throw is consistent and stable
Can't think of anything original to put here...