Author Topic: Capture points on scoreboard  (Read 4008 times)

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
Capture points on scoreboard
« on: August 05, 2006, 09:26:03 am »
Well on the scoreboard, where your score is shown, I think in gamemodes like CTF and INF your capturing points(points you have made by capturing the flag) should be seperate from your killing points(amount of people you have killed). However the total score is not affected. By this you can see how many people you have killed, as well as how many times you have captured the flag.

For or against? :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 12:46:25 pm by -{Phoenix}- »
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline nidpants

• Major(1)
  • A little red...
    • Wholesome Industries
Re: Capture points
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 09:50:33 am »
Unless it's an incredibly long game, it usually doesn't even come into play, but I vote yes, as long as there's no fuss.

I would think this would be best executed with a little flag by your name for each cap, like the star you get if you register.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 10:15:14 am »
This has been suggested many times, and turned down just as frequently. However, I vote yes, and I can't undertsnad why this was never just a natural part of soldat. It's the greatest lack in soldat, if you ask me, and I definitely think it should be 'fixed' asap.

I support this.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 11:30:14 am »
I support it too, why not a new column that says "captures"? That or a flag beside the name and the number of times you captured.

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 12:22:02 pm »
This has been suggested many times, and turned down just as frequently. However, I vote yes, and I can't undertsnad why this was never just a natural part of soldat. It's the greatest lack in soldat, if you ask me, and I definitely think it should be 'fixed' asap.

I support this.

I thought it may of been, but I didn't see it anywhere else.
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 01:42:18 pm »
I really like this idea.  Often I'll have 20 - 30 kills in a CTF game, but i'll be near the bottom of the scores list because everyone else got 2 - 3 (or more) captures and I had none.  The people who protect the flag carriers do more work that the carrier himself, and they should get credit for it.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 02:03:21 pm »
^Amen, brother.

* RabidTreeFrog supports.
not around

Offline NinjaXrage

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 06:00:10 pm »
Yeah seriously. Killing 20 people is WAY harder than capturin the flag in most maps.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 06:12:26 pm »
ehh, there should be new majigbob ::
Name: Kills: Deaths: Points: blah

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 06:37:19 pm »
Yeah seriously. Killing 20 people is WAY harder than capturin the flag in most maps.

Defending on Kampf on u13 Big CTF is the easiest way to get 20 kills before someone caps. 8)

OT: I think this is a good idea, then we won't have big debates at the end of each round in public games about who got the most kills, who capped and who didn't, etc etc.

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 07:07:57 pm »
This has my worthless stamp of approval.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 07:09:48 pm »
I definitely agree. Especially to what {LAW} Gamer_2k4 said. The ffc protector does more work most of the time. ;D

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline The_Ninja

• Soldier
  • erm...
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 09:38:00 pm »
IM ALL FOR IT!

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 01:22:07 am »
Good idea i support!

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 04:01:13 am »
<< Supports.
18:15

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 08:25:04 am »
:D great! Does michael marcinkowski (soldat creator) ever check these forums, he never seems to update soldat regularly :|

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 11:38:42 am »
:D great! Does michael marcinkowski (soldat creator) ever check these forums, he never seems to update soldat regularly :|
Wait, wait. Update Soldat regularly?! Rethink what you said...

And btw, he does check, he's just busy working on his new project. Besides, he probably has a life outside of these forums, unlike some of us here. ;_;

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 12:52:10 pm »
I support this.

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 03:27:30 pm »
Wait, wait. Update Soldat regularly?! Rethink what you said...

And btw, he does check, he's just busy working on his new project. Besides, he probably has a life outside of these forums, unlike some of us here. ;_;

true, true says the guy with 218+ posts. suppose your right.

Offline Zero

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 03:33:45 pm »
I also support this idea
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.