Author Topic: You know you suck in Soldat when...  (Read 23733 times)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: You know you suck in Soldat when...
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2006, 01:04:07 pm »
-when you throw a grenade, only to run forward and catch the explosion.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline mike323

• Major(1)
  • DONT fire that m79 at me
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2006, 06:13:06 pm »
Some people that use m79 ARE good.
This, from a guy who has "camper" as a user title.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2006, 06:23:49 pm »

So what you're saying is the fact that he has more than 300 posts makes him wrong about M79ers? That's not his user title, that's his rank. Also, M79 is a weapon that requires just as much skill as any other weapon, and i'm tired of people whining about it. Don't like M79? Play on a server that has it disabled, make your own server, or get the hell off Soldat.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2006, 04:00:31 am »
Some people that use m79 ARE good.

Well, there's my laugh for the day. Seriously, quit before you fall further behind.

So what you're saying is the fact that he has more than 300 posts makes him wrong about M79ers?

I have 255 posts, not >300 :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:02:28 am by -Vis- »

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2006, 08:57:08 pm »
You suck when you kill yourself with the USSOCOM. I have no idea how you would do that.But I have somehow. And I don't even use it.

Offline Bionic_Hand

• Major
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2006, 09:51:32 pm »
You suck when you kill yourself with the USSOCOM. I have no idea how you would do that.But I have somehow. And I don't even use it.

I've also done this 5 time on U13, bahahaha idk how it's possible when you don't use one

B_H

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2006, 06:45:33 am »
It's probably because of the shallow bullet arc.  I dunno, I've never done it, and I only use the USSOCOM about 20% of the time as a secondary. :-\

When you fall for the camping chainsaw trick in CTF...repeatedly.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2006, 08:44:41 am »
When you die on the spikes on CTF_Equinox.

This can be a great tactical maneuver.  Cap the flag, run under the bridge, toss the flag to a friend, and fall on the spikes.  Now you respawn at the base, and you can intercept incoming enemies to protect the flag.  Obviously this only works with a friend who knows what's going on, but it's great when you pull it off.

Also, M79 is a weapon that requires just as much skill as any other weapon, and i'm tired of people whining about it.

The M79 does not require skill to use effectively.  That's why it's the weapon of choice of many new players.  You're better with it if you have more skill (obviously), but that doesn't mean that it requires skill.  I don't mind it because I think it has enough shortcomings to balance the instakill.  However, that's much different from it requiring skill to use.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04:35 am »
This can be a great tactical maneuver.  Cap the flag, run under the bridge, toss the flag to a friend, and fall on the spikes.  Now you respawn at the base, and you can intercept incoming enemies to protect the flag.  Obviously this only works with a friend who knows what's going on, but it's great when you pull it off.
or you could just be in the base and protect it, its the same thing without the dieing part.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2006, 10:07:13 am »
Why would you get the flag go under the bridge throw the flag with a risk of your friend not reaching it purposely dying then respwaning when you could do it the normal way and run back to base...
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2006, 10:41:16 am »
Cause its a very tactical move ;)

Offline Bionic_Hand

• Major
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2006, 11:36:27 am »
About the socom, U13 has no way to say you suicided by flying into walls or spikes, so it throws it under the one gun it's pretty imposisble with to kill yourself, unless you shoot straight up and down. Sooo in U13 where it tracks stats, I believe the walls and spikes go under Socom, I could be wrong, but that would be my best guess at why we have Socom suicides.

B_H

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2006, 10:08:54 pm »
You get pwned by your 7 year old sister

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2006, 09:11:11 am »
-when you can only win against your 7-year-old sister.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2006, 12:12:35 pm »
Why would you get the flag go under the bridge throw the flag with a risk of your friend not reaching it purposely dying then respwaning when you could do it the normal way and run back to base...

It throws off pursuers, for one.  If everyone is in the lower tunnels chasing you, they're going to have a hard time getting to the new FFC.  Also, there's more dodging areas and more hiding areas on top, as well as multiple ways to enter the base.

So you ask, "Why don't you start out on the top then?"

Ideally, you don't want to break stride when you capture the flag, especially when it's in an enemy spawning area.  So you have two approaches: Come from the bottom and go out the top, or come from the top and go out the bottom.  It's pretty tricky to manuever through the vertical tunnel as you jet up.  Since you're fighting gravity, you're goin slowly, and people can shoot you and throw grenades.  When you go from top to bottom, you take advantage of gravity, and can generally outrun grenades.  You also get cover from the shots faster.

So your next question probably is, "Sounds good, but why do you risk losing the flag as you throw it?  Can't you just jet from the bottom to the top?"

1. You don't have enough jet power to get to the top, unless you really know what you're doing. 
2. When you throw the flag, it gets to where you want faster then when you move there.
3. Throwing the flag can really throw off pursuers.  I had the flag once and was chased by two people.  I was in the middle of ctf_Nuubia, so I went to the top and threw the flag down to a teammate as I was going there.  Neither of the pursuers noticed, and they continued to chase me.  Finally I died, but the flag was safe.  Then of course, there was the usual round of "WTFOMGHAX!"

Like I said, it's a risky move, but if done correctly, it can really help you out.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2006, 12:19:15 pm »
...you only can kill people with explosions

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2006, 12:21:38 pm »
You cant kill anyone by ricocheting bullets  :P

but seriously....if you cant do that LEARN  ;D

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2006, 12:41:31 pm »
You know you suck at Soldat when you kill yourself with the chainsaw.
*cough*/mercy*cough*

-You whine about the m79

STFU.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Gorilla J

• Major(1)
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2006, 08:52:23 am »
...when you don't understand half of these references, like the maps or the complaining about weapons or the tricks or anything.

I'm a newb.  :(

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2006, 09:24:01 am »
Don't worry about it.  Everyone was a n00b once.