Poll

Using scrips offline

F12 - yes
F11 - no

Author Topic: Scripts  (Read 1430 times)

DarkCrusade

Scripts
« on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:13 am »
Hi there, what about adding a moddingoption to Soldat containing scripting? You can run and test a script ONLY if you shut down a server, upload the same script again, turn it on, start Soldat and see how it works. I would like to see that scripts can be used offline, onlinegaming is important, but offline is also a part of Soldat and it would really help not to waste time while testing a script :)

Who presses F12 gets a :-* from the DarkCrusade ;D

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Re: Scripts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:45:48 am »
Uh... F12.

I am an offline fanatic. I love bots and I love offline. Online is better, but there's no winers or buttmunchers offline. I want this option. Scripting is awesome, and sometimes people don't fill up servers enough and testing scripts with bots would be very nice.

There should be a list just like for selecting maps, with a list of scripts. "Default" or "none" should be selected as the default option.

I agree %100.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:20:53 am »
That'd be nice, using scripts completely offline - no need for server, just Soldat itself.

I think many players would hate the fact that they have to run a newer server every time Soldat is updated and many other factors, and the whole issue is, all of these are done just for the sake of testing a script offline, a big waste of time. Plus, I'm sure there are some fellow modders out there who wish to test their mods together with some usage of scripts.

F12'd.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:28:35 am »
I won't be adding Scripting to the Soldat Client because it will open up too many new possibilities for cheaters to exploit and control the game more than they already can. Yes, offline blah blah, but it would just easily get hacked to work online too.
It would also create issues and strain with the updates to the script core.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:34:17 am »
Sadly EnEsCe is right.

It's still be nice though. Would it be possible for an offline dedicated server?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:14:54 am »
I won't be adding Scripting to the Soldat Client because it will open up too many new possibilities for cheaters to exploit and control the game more than they already can. Yes, offline blah blah, but it would just easily get hacked to work online too.
It would also create issues and strain with the updates to the script core.

Holy shit I didnt thought if that, I hate those lamers being sad for having no real life ... :(

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:25 pm »
I am sorry but EnEsCe words are the law...

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 05:01:36 pm »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:11:30 pm »
Eh, just run a dedicated server with the script on that. It's close enough, and works better for things like Soldat Portal.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:29:51 am »
You already can use scripts offline...
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 08:36:22 am »
You already can use scripts offline...
But not the way it is most fast

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 08:12:39 pm »
And you can add new scripts by placing the scripts in the script folder and then using the /recompile command.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline TmTgr

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:42 am »
Just host a local server on the pc you play soldat on. You can easily just edit the scripts, and type /recompile. Its not that hard

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 04:48:57 am »
I don't even know how to use scripts, but some of them are awesome and I want to :(