Author Topic: Pro Tips  (Read 13169 times)

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
Re: Pro Tips
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 09:36:08 pm »
Tip 2: Read this simplified weapons guide.

advertising yourself as always?

ah well, you are an authority on weapon balance after all.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 05:06:11 am »
Hmm, a very simple thing people always skip over.
Your crosshair is for aiming.  Use it appropriately.  I find that a lot of people underuse the crosshair, instead (especially with auto) they fire their first shot and adjust their aim from there hoping it'll hit.  This kills your actual aim, as you're just using relative movement.  Also, try not to get used to using sniperline, though it may help, it doesn't do much for your skill, and some competitive servers disable it.  Basically, what I'm trying to say is stare at your cursor and place it in the right position then fire.  Where it goes depends on the arc of your gun, say, if you're rugering an onscreen opponent you'd probably place your cursor on their head getting a head/torso shot.  Keep the cursor within a very small radius of your opponent.  Oh, and don't whine about anything.
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 06:43:15 am »
Tip: Don't go on about how good you are without proof.
that's not a tip, that's a personal opinion

So is this:

Pekay.jps   my msn is: pro@x.xx  if you have ANY questions or anything.
I might help you alot, since I know almost everything about soldat.

Anyway, different servers have different 'styles', and I don't mean in terms of gamemodes. take the time to learn about the behaviour on different servers. Soldat's got so much more to offer if you're someone people recognize and feel good about.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 07:22:47 am »
Pro Tip:
Soldat is an international game.  People will be speaking different languages often, respect their language and their country :).  "Speak English please" is the same as saying "learn my language, because I'm too lazy to learn yours."  :-\

Pro Tip:
"Kurwa!" is NOT a compliment :(
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 09:23:41 am »
That's actually a really good point, poppin. ALTHOUGH English is the universal language now, but I am full agreement with your point.

Offline Pekay.jps

• Major
  • Chose to be clanless
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 09:34:46 am »
Pekay.jps   my msn is: pro@x.xx  if you have ANY questions or anything.
I might help you alot, since I know almost everything about soldat.

Errr... ya, thank you... just so you don't get me wrong, I didn't create this thread solely to improve myself, although that might be a nice side-effect but mainly to help other people. I do know a lot, too :P

^

when you join the soldat forums, be sure to read the rules.

sigh... should have made it more obvious.

PROTIP: shoot at him until he dies.

Great tip and yeah, actually I got your point but it was late and I was too lazy to open Photoshop as it takes ages to load on my computer so... thanks anyway and just for the record: next time don't act as arrogant as you did there. A PM would have worked too.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 03:14:20 pm »
That's actually a really good point, poppin. ALTHOUGH English is the universal language now, but I am full agreement with your point.

International language my a**...You either respect someone as a human or you don't, why don't you just as well make a mandatory law to learn English? Maybe even make the punishment a life sentence or execution!!!!
Back on topic: If you have a keen eye, you will one day learn to hit a target (With Barret, hardest level of this skill) While being binked.
binked=Under fire, the situation where your cursor is widened because of having been hit by enemy or friendly fire, and you start shooting inaccurately, just like the bink you get from shooting an auto for too long...I've kinda mastered that skill, and still improving it further and further, maybe I'll one day post the secret here, but I doubt it, as I owe it to a very good friend, and an INCREDIBLE soldat playing one at it.
Also: If you haven't noticed, most of the bullets, if not all, in the game can bounce off of walls when shot at a semi-flat angle, it's called ricochet, once you've mastered ricochet shots you are truly a good marksman. Kep that in mind when you're in a tunnel, doing a stand off with another sniper, and you spot a curve between you two ;D
b&

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 04:56:32 pm »
Back on topic: If you have a keen eye, you will one day learn to hit a target (With Barret, hardest level of this skill) While being binked.
I actually can do that... if you aren't TOO MUCH binked...

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »
Sniper's Tip
1) When prone scoping, make sure to time it right, It takes around 1 second for a bullet to reach the distance you see. Make sure you read the opponent's movement well, then shoot him.

2) While in mid-air, the Barrett's bullet tend to go a little higher than where you aim for. So try to aim at the opponent's feet while you're in mid-air. It also gives you a little bit of accuracy+avoiding if you prone in mid-air also.

With Ak-74, it's better to use it aggressively, since it has faster reloading time than Minimi, and more ammo than AUG.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 09:25:36 pm »
change weapong (Q) + w+s (flag throw) = vertically trown, doesnt matter ur aim...

Offline Shinigam1

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 11:50:27 pm »
I wonder how many people who are giving advice are actually "pros".......

n00b tip: Get advice from real pr0s in gathers.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 12:44:10 am »
With Ak-74, it's better to use it aggressively, since it has faster reloading time than Minimi, and more ammo than AUG.
Word of caution: The AK fires slower than all other autos and its DOT is the poorest. Take extra care if you are going to go offensive, because getting too close to an enemy while you have an AK is suicidal in most cases. Try to keep within mid-range even as you engage your enemy offensively.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 04:46:25 am »
English is widley accepted as the universal language. It is taught in many schools in many countries as a second language.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 05:19:03 am »
learn the way of the poOnt. Amen.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:23 am »
If you want to be a pro, learnt that the M79 is not JUST a n00b weapon, it can be used tactically, BUT the other weapons in reality are far better.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 08:18:21 am »
I actually can do that... if you aren't TOO MUCH binked...

Try doing that right after 6 minimi bullets, and hit...
@Teh snipah: Proning in mid air does NOT improve your aim nor make the shot straighter, nor will it make you a harder target, it can only let you scope at some targets you can't find a camping spot to shoot at them from.
It makes you slower, and more vulnerable to spray and nades...So don't do it...
b&

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 08:51:33 am »
Proning in mid-air is the worst thing you could ever do if you are sniping someone.

Try to compensate the fall by jetting a bit until you are almost stopped in mid-air, then shot (without proning)  :)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 08:54:05 am »
doesn't fucking mater if you'r proning or not. Just shoot when you'r not mooving too much up or down. so if you'r jumping up, shoot when you'r about to start falling down again.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 09:51:58 am »
Settle down mate.

Supermanning or "Dolphin Diving" is a very good tactic. To those who don't know what it is, it's when you prone whilst flying. It's good to dive in to get a flag.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 10:13:20 am »
doesn't fucking mater if you'r proning or not.
I tell you it really does and changes the angle you aim to kill your enemies.