Author Topic: Pro Tips  (Read 13167 times)

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
Re: Pro Tips
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2009, 04:07:00 pm »
A skilled player can make the chainsaw one of the most feared weapons, even in realistic...
Text goes here...

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2009, 04:10:12 pm »
9. Saw is for show-offs
Trust me, if there are +3 players on the enemy team and/or the map has lost of collider walls/collider spots it is a fearful weapon in your hands, just learn to use it.
Low ping is your firend.
And remember- the spas is not your friend if the enemy has it.

Also, the less the fuel, the less escaping possibilities the enemies have. (Test the saw on tw maps, and no tw maps)

And dont forget, EVER, if the enemy is also using a saw, and having lower ping than you DO NOT ENGAGE him, as you will die in 85% of the cases (the 15% is when you dodge the enemy, not by killing him by going straight on him).
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:14 pm »
Yeah a 0 pinger would only lose in saw vs. saw if he sucked terribly. :-X
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »
With knife, since it's a kill wherever you hit if you hit, it's even more important.
That is not true. The knife (when thrown), still follows a Speed x Damage rule and the hitbox rule like any other bullet. That explains why (assuming the enemy is in full health):

1) If you did not charge up your knife sufficiently - the knife's throwing speed and range will be decreased and you won't be able to kill in a single hit.
2) If your opponent is too far away. It takes a long time to travel, and by then, the knife has lost a lot of speed. Even if it hits, it won't kill.
3) At a relatively far range, when your knife hits the body, it can kill. Same goes if you managed to hit the head. However, if it hits the legs, you might not be able to kill in a single hit.
4) If your enemy is above you, it is not recommended to throw a knife. The knife would lose speed quickly (with a much shorter range too) and it'd most likely hit the enemy in the leg, which does less damage. In this case, you should use the grenade.
5) Derived from number 4, you should throw your knife if your enemy is infront or diagonally below you. (directly below is hard to aim) The knife loses its initial speed after throwing and would move downwards by gravity (which can be very fast and used to your advantage, especially if you throw downwards).

For realistic, I'm not 100% sure, but most of the time the Knife would kill even in the occasions above since the total health in Realistic is 65 units, compared to normal's 150 units (that's a big difference).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:32:17 pm by STM1993 »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »
With knife, since it's a kill wherever you hit if you hit, it's even more important.
For realistic, I'm not 100% sure, but most of the time the Knife would kill even in the occasions above since the total health in Realistic is 65 units, compared to normal's 150 units (that's a big difference).
Hes a realistic player.

Also, try to find a mod you like, as it is a awesome psyche boost, which can actually impede with your skill if it isnt good enough.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2009, 03:37:37 am »
Lol this is gonna be a "playing" tip more of it than a pro game tip. If you can't get the reg and got bored of Gore\Necromancide\Bloody Soil. Use winamp player xD
Make a playlist, open it, play the music, then open soldat. Done. :)

And now an in game tip for the knife: DON'T try to throw out random knives when running backwards of simply backing away from a fight in an attempt to kill your hunter, it won't work.
b&

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2009, 10:17:14 am »
I got a tip from one of the LS guys when I was trial :P: The knife is not something to depend on as a main weapon, only if you don't have much choice.

and my tip:
In ctf, Teamwork is more important then you think, it can often be improved too.
I remember it felt like vortex took a step up after we focused mainy on teamwork for many clanwars, I advise most clans to have a few clanwars with high focus on teamwork. info and so on,,
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:20:39 am by homerofgods »

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009, 05:04:09 am »
Saw is indeed a very good and effective weapon in smaller maps and with lots of players.

Knife on the other hand is nerd weapon, because its used mostly by people who wanna look cool by throwing it and wanting to look cool in a vidya game is huge NERD ALERT!

If you see someone trying to use only knife on a server where all weapons are available you should kick him for trying too hard.
destroy

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2009, 01:16:53 pm »
Some people fall back to the knife for it's versatility trademaak, and never again try to call a knifer "nerd". Cause that would mean me too, although I don't go knife only on a free-weps server, but that still doesn't give you excuse to call them attention whores cause most of them (if not all) do t eitherfor fun, or for practice.
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2009, 01:25:14 pm »
Some more general things:

1) Dont argue with admins, really dont piss them off. They can be your best friends, but if you annoy them you will be most sad guy around, if you are around then anymore :)

2) Dont complain too much, everyone will think you are simply immature or something like that, or you complain about immaturenes of others what is even more immature. Everyone will hate you for this, long discussions and votekicks on publics are following this. Most players on public servers are youngsters playing Soldat not that long to know how important a good atmospehre can be, try to keep all harmonic and you will play more concentrated and better.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2009, 03:18:22 pm »
Some more general things:

1) Dont argue with admins, really dont piss them off. They can be your best friends, but if you annoy them you will be most sad guy around, if you are around then anymore :)

2) Dont complain too much, everyone will think you are simply immature or something like that, or you complain about immaturenes of others what is even more immature. Everyone will hate you for this, long discussions and votekicks on publics are following this. Most players on public servers are youngsters playing Soldat not that long to know how important a good atmospehre can be, try to keep all harmonic and you will play more concentrated and better.

[off topic] That's why sometimes I wish soldat would ask for some sort of age verification so no one under 16 or something could play it...Even the 15 year olds out there can be a pain...[/off topic]

Back on topic: Never shoot a LAW orM79 when hiding in a box or other sorts of colliders.
b&

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2009, 04:09:04 pm »
use Minimi. now you're a full fledged pro.

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2009, 04:49:15 pm »
excuse to call them attention w***es cause most of them (if not all) do t eitherfor fun, or for practice.
Practicing a weapon in a vidya game = INSTAFAIL!

Also, pro tip = it doesn't work much though. If you really hate someone vote him with reason server:possible cheating or Ж3жЛеуЕ or something, since that sometimes appear on server auto kicks.
destroy

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2009, 03:56:41 am »
That's kinda lame.  If admins are here they may get annoyed.
In knife throwing, you should basically press the switch weapon button as soon as it leaves your hand.  If you miss, you're not forfeiting too much of your time that way.  Also, if you threw upwards and hit their feet, you can quickly finish them off with your gun.
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2009, 04:06:11 am »
excuse to call them attention w***es cause most of them (if not all) do t eitherfor fun, or for practice.
Practicing a weapon in a vidya game = INSTAFAIL!
2nded.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2009, 10:28:08 am »
That's kinda lame.  If admins are here they may get annoyed.
In knife throwing, you should basically press the switch weapon button as soon as it leaves your hand.  If you miss, you're not forfeiting too much of your time that way.  Also, if you threw upwards and hit their feet, you can quickly finish them off with your gun.

You reminded me of a mistake many people (sometimes includes me) make when throwing a knife, if you hit the switch weapon button but push the weapon throw button too soon, you'll have thrown away the main weapon still in your hands and the knife will be holstered, so always time your throws ;/
(Sometimes throw my Barret or Deagles by mistake when switching to the knife...DEADLY BARRET THROW! )    :P
b&

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2009, 01:56:06 pm »
A little hint for the new guys confused about picking " a style". Even though having one isn't the biggest step to mastering your game, I've noticed a couple of nice combos for those trying to find one:
If you play an all-round mood doing both attack and defense, but you're slow\inaccurate, try going with the AK-74 and the LAW, the AK is a good weapon for beginners considering it's good accuracy up until a full screen, and it's high bullet capacity, but the ROF is slow enough for those with weak aim to calculate by shots fired. And the LAW is an easy to use and versatile last resort 1 hit killer, good for defense and 1 on 1 face off's when in a tight spot.

If you're a crazy rusher and always go forward, only worried about clearing the front, use the MP5 and the Spas, or the Deagles. (The 2nd one can even boost your speed), combined with a socom, or a knife, and if you're good at getting close to an enemy while taking little damage, try the saw for a change, why the MP5? Because it has a short reload, perfect for catching your opponent off his ammo, and finishing him off with a couple of shots when you're moving at him fast, and it's got a high ROF, and an incredibly useful arc for getting those suckers hiding behind colliders. The Deagles' high damage combined with some speed allow for 1-2 hit kills, the arc is very useful for hard placed enemies, and the reload is usefully fast, the lack of bink being a totally different story. The socom is a very good support weapon with good damage, ROF, and ease to use. The knife for it's versatility, and it's 90% chance of 1 hit killing, if you can master this baby you're on the way to being good. The saw doesn't really need explaining,  right?

Last but not least, for those of you who are still as forts, backing up your team and being the last thing in between the bad guys and your flag, why not try the Ruger? It's reliable damage, accuracy, fast reload, and straight shots allow for quick countering of enemies and quickly finishing off an enemy flagger when he's still about 1 and a half screens away. If you can't work with the rugers slow ROF, go with the steyr, this baby is easy to use, can fire away 25 bullets in the blink of an eye, and it's got both a short reload and tolerance for bad guys, it has very high DOT (damage over time) due to it's bullet speed and the damage of the bullet itself, it's also very accurate, and has a low arc up until 2 screens range, perfect for holding off enemies with full health, due to it's high push, and very effective at taking out weaker opponents and chasing flaggers. If all else fails try the barret, if you know where to prone, and where the grass is thickest, this will save you a lot of engagements and health, the scope will help you with taking out a full health opponent before he's even close to your base, and can sometimes take out 2 low healthed opponents, (Or on realistic, 2 full health). It is also useful for eliminating other snipers\sprayers, and if you learn how to calculate your shots, it's a disaster for enemy flaggers. However, if you intend of going out in the open with it, be sure to be good in dodging, and getting out of the range of automatic weapons, as the barret's slow reload, and high bink, make it a risk at close to mid range fighting. Remember, the LAW is your friend, teach them to respect it. It's 1 hit kill ability and ease to use are a big help for when you've fallen to a last resort situation, or a 1 on 1 stand off, but don't foget it's long reload, and that you'll have to pron\crouch to fire it, so be quick on your legs! And remember to take the start up time in mind, to calculate your missiles' heading.
b&

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2009, 03:47:20 pm »

You reminded me of a mistake many people (sometimes includes me) make when throwing a knife, if you hit the switch weapon button but push the weapon throw button too soon, you'll have thrown away the main weapon still in your hands and the knife will be holstered, so always time your throws ;/
(Sometimes throw my Barret or Deagles by mistake when switching to the knife...DEADLY BARRET THROW! )    :P

Gah I do this way too often >_<
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2009, 07:00:59 am »
Saw is indeed a very good and effective weapon in smaller maps and with lots of players.

Knife on the other hand is nerd weapon, because its used mostly by people who wanna look cool by throwing it and wanting to look cool in a vidya game is huge NERD ALERT!

I dunno about that, I did feel more nerdy when modding my saw into a lightsaber complete with sounds. And who says throwing knifes in a game is cool?* It kinda more rings [generic anime about ninjas] fan instead. [retard]

*and no disrespect to Graham, he's the real thing.  ;)

Burning scarfs since 1988