Author Topic: Estonian translation, including: <1.6.9, last non-Steam 1.7.1, Steam 1.7.1  (Read 20436 times)

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Note: Those of you that are looking for the translation, it's at the bottom of this post (as an attachment). The newest included translation version supersedes/updates the one of mine which is included in 1.7.1. Read further about version compatibility at the ending section of this post.
---

[Original post:]

I'm translating Soldat into Estonian

I translated most of it already months ago during one night and fixed/updated it a couple of times later but there are still some lines about which I'd like to know where they are seen in-game, so I could be 100% sure my translations are correct there, these lines are (the list has been later modified according to what I've come to know, the ones below are still uncertain):

103 (Recieve:)
104 (Send:)
145 (Download map)
192 (Requesting forwarded game...) - about this one by the way: Is it meant requesting a connection from a server that's forwarded(from behind a router/firewall/switch) or ...?
231 (from the game)
251 (Lobby server pinging from)
319 (Kill limit:) - There's a couple of those, I got the rest of them, but I'm yet to find out where this is seen, probably translated correctly though
614 (Recording)
624 (Vote:)
686 (Failed to load)
693 (Activated weapon:)
694 (Deactivated weapon:)
The 729 & 730 use English colors so the output on those is linguistically mixed
775 (Key) (Probably for additional mouse keys?)

I hope somebody has time to help on that :)

Edit: Removed the lines that I've come to know

---
About attached translations -

estonianSteam20200417.txt (1.7.1 Steam)
The newest version of the translation for version 1.7.1 (Steam release). Probably mostly usable in non-Steam 1.7.0+ as well.

estonian_290716.txt (1.7.0+ non-Steam)
The last non-Steam version of the translation I made that is only compatible with versions 1.7.0 and above, as some of the lines in the language file have been recycled for usage by new lines.

estonian_300415.txt (<1.6.9)
While it was made at around version 1.6.8, it should still be fully compatible with the various 1.6 and 1.5 Soldat versions (the most notable difference since 1.5 should be the BattlEye's replacement in the strings). Compared to the older translations of mine (foremost estonian163_1.txt and older) there have been various overall changes.

About the ini files -
Although they're effectively copies of the English equivalents (as they were at the time the translations were respectively made), they're necessary so the game could load the details about how to display the text (it needs to have the same name as the .txt file in order to work).

Where to place the files -
You need to place the downloaded files to the Soldat\Txt\Languages folder and choose the respective file name in Soldat's config from the Language tab.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:02:19 pm by Xdada »

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Update
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:54:43 pm »
Since I didn't find anything in the rules section directly against double-posting, I hope this is tolerable since this post reflects somewhat a 'progress in the topic' that would otherwise (by just editing the initial post) perhaps go unnoticed.

Anyway, although I got no feedback, I've decided to make my current translation available for anyone who is be interested in it. It has slightly improved since the last post and is technically ready, the few spots i was querying about are probably (tolerably) correct. If somebody can help though, with finding those lines, or note what you would like to see different in the translation or point out typos, I hope you can spare a moment. : ]

Edit@14.08.2011:The current translation files are now attached to the first post in the topic.

Old additional contents of the post:
The translation files ((for 1.5)estonian_verB2.txt and estonian_verB2.ini,(Edit: now B4) the latter of which is really a copy of the english one, but suits estonian fine) should be visible in the bottom of this post. For those who are wondering - the files are to be placed to the Soldat\Txt\Languages folder

Edit2: I've also created a translation for Soldat 1.5.1.20e beta (files estonian_151b.txt & estonian_151b.ini) that include also fixes to older material
Updated to suit 1.5.1.21 (f)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:21:35 pm by Xdada »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
103 (Recieve:)
104 (Send:)
--> Press F3 ingame and look at the top right.

145 (Download map)
--> Maybe when you want to join a server with a map you don't have.

184 (Clanmatch enabled)
--> The changelog shows that it was introduces with version 1.0.5b and again fixed with v1.2.0 but I don't know of any location it could appear. Maybe it's about the possiblity to somehow change the server-config to a "clanmatch"-config while you're ingame as an admin. But I think it's an option which is either forgotten or which has never been used.
Edit: Or maybe it has something to do with this option in the config. But I still don't know where the string "Clanmatch enabled" could appear.

614 (Recording)
--> It has something to do with demos, since it's the only thing I could connect it with Soldat. So maybe it's the message which appears when you press F8 or type "RECORD [demoname]" as a cmd.

646 (Hold fire to shoot, while crouching or prone)
--> Appears when you use the weapon LAW for the first time afaik.
647 (Can be thrown by holding throw weapon button)
--> Appears when you use the knife for the first time afaik.
648 (Hold fire to shoot, inaccurate while moving)
--> Appears when you use the weapon "Barret" for the first time afaik.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:45:15 am by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Clanmatch mode in soldat just makes everyones pants the same colour, and I think the text clanmatch enabled shows up in the console when you join a server with the setting enabled.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Thank you for your replies. : )

For me at least the top right shows the following indicators: RnC/S - only when hosting, R/S - probably the Received/Sent and S/S, maybe those are as well not in use anymore. #145 is probably correctly translated, yet to further examine, where exactly seen. The clanmatch one I had actually figured out already, also the first time messages for weapons. The demo recording doesn't seem to show that particular string anywhere though.

I've also updated the files in the second post to reflect some updates I've made to the translation

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
Xdada, hey. I've been trying to translate Soldat into Estonian too. The thing is though... I'm very lazy. I translate like 20 rows of text and then I save it. I have like 20% of this whole thing translated. (This is just a wild guess.)

Currently I'm using my incomplete translation which means that my soldat is multi-languaged. Some things in the menu are in English and some in Estonian.

If ya need my help I'm happy to help ya.

"They say death takes you to a better place" - Felipe Coronel

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
@Guile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »
Well, Guile, the currently latest translation files are provided in my second post in this topic. If you find anything that could/should be improved, let me know : )
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:02:12 pm by Xdada »

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
Ega halb ei ole (Y) Kuigi ise tõlgiksin mõningad asjad teisiti:

Mäng seisatud
unbannitud
Muusika pausil...
Praegune Boonuste sagedus on
Server on töös...
Dedicated server on töös...
Realistlik Mode Kasutusel
Ellujämis Mode Kasutusel
Punktimatš on alanud!
Tiimimatch on alanud!
Reaktiiv-kütuse hulk
Tegu on Clanmatch'iga
Mänguserver registreerimata
Dedicated serveri valik kasutusel. Ei saa liituda.
Relva ja Gosteki suurused ei tohi ületada suurusi 64x64 ja 16x16. Võrgus mäng on võimatu.
Chat
Tiimi Chat
%s on kickitud ja igaveseks bannitud
(TIIM)
%s lahkus alpha tiimist
lisati mängu adminide hulka
ping
Valed mängu versioonid. Sinu versioon:
Läbi lobby edasi suunamine... palun oodake
dithering - virvtoonimine
Kuva uuendus (refresh rate):
Kui valitud, kasutatakse aegluupi juhul kui kõik mängijad on surma lähedal.
Sniper Line pole selles serveris kasutusel
Privaat sõnum

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Hope my use of Estonian on this topic is tolerated, as this helps towards easier and more direct discussion related to the translation.

Guile, point taken, reaktiivkütuselt võtsin sidekriipsu, matchidest said matšid (Clanmatch'i erandiga hetkel veel) ja privaatsõnum sai üheks sõnaks.
Muu suhtes, siin on valik alternatiive, mis pähe tulid, anna teada, mida arvad:
Dedicated serveri valik kasutusel. - (Tuvastati )erinevus serveri mänguversiooniga?
admin - mängu haldur?
kick - välja heitmine?
ban - mängust keelustamine?
lobby - ? Peaserver, haldav server, juht server, serverite haldur?
Mänguserver registreerimata lobby serverisse? / Mänguserver pole avalik?
Chat - kõne?
ping - viide?
Kas sõna 'virvtoonimine' on mängurite seas või üldse eriti teatud? Ise, pean tunnistama, jäi mõistetavamaks dithering, aga samas ei ütleks 'algajale' kumbki sõna eriti palju ma arvan... Siiski, võib teha sama, mida refresh rate'ga (,rääkides millest, missugust tõlget/alternatiivi sa soovitaksid?).
Kui valitud, kasutatakse aegluupi juhul kui kõik mängijad on surma lähedal. - Jah... ühes vanemas versioonis oli tõlge: "Kui valitud, näidatakse aegluubis Bullet Time effekti juhul kui kõik mängijad on surma lähedal." Missugusena sa seda näeksid?
Samuti huvitab, kas on mõeldud surma lähedal nagu ise suremas või on mõeldud siiski vahemaad. Kuigi 'near' tundub isiklikult pigem vahemaad väljendavat ja kui nõustud, siis võib asendada nt. '... sureva tegelase/sõduri läheduses'.
Sniper Line - Joonsihik?
Boonuste esinemise sagedus?

Samuti, rääkides Clanmatch'idest, Sniper Line'ist, chat'ist, pingist, kick'ist ja ban'ist, siis olen mõelnud need jätta mänguritele tuttavamateks sõnadeks, kui teha nendest mingid "Word'i" tõlked, kus peab endine ingliskeelse versiooni kasutaja (aga ka 'tavalist' eesti keelt rääkiv inimene) kõvasti pead murdma, millega tegu on ning mis nime alt vajalikku tool'i leida (vabanda, kui leiad vastupidist(Wordi jmt. tõlgete kohta), aga loodetavasti mõttele said pihta). Aga kui leiad välja pakutud tõlked paremad, või pakud ise midagi paremat, siis võin välja vahetada. Või võibolla kahes "maitses" tõlked välja anda. Samuti, ütlesid, et tõlgiksid teisiti, kui mõtlesid mõnda konkreetset teistsugust tõlget, siis pane aga kirja ;] Kuniks üleval küsimuseks jäänud tõlked on veel paika panemata, ei riputa ma veel järgmist tõlkeversiooni üles (hetkel on muudatused B3'ga võrreldes minimaalsed).

Aga, tänan : )

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
No siis on selge kui soovid jätta mõned väljendid mängijatele tuttavateks sõnadeks. Eks siin loebki see, kuidas sa ise tõlkida tahad.

Ise tõlgiksin kõik sõnad ilusti välja, iseasi kas soldati mängija sellest ise ka aru saab, vot ei tea :)
Pealegi on raske neid tõlgitud sõnu skooritabelisse mahutada. Näiteks: Kui tõlkida ära ping siis see peaks põhimõtteliselt olema ju "latentsus"? Proovi siis seda sinna väiksesse tabelisse ära mahutada. Saab küll, aga sellisel juhul peaks hakkama font.ini-ga jamama.

Kommenteerin sinu küsimusi viimases postituses:

Dedicated serveri valik kasutusel. - (Tuvastati )erinevus serveri mänguversiooniga?
admin - Mina tõlgiksin selle natukene pikemaks sõnaks - administraator.
kick - mängus eemaldamine?
ban - mängust keelustamine?
lobby - ? Peaserver põhiserver.
Mänguserver registreerimata lobby serverisse? / Mänguserver pole avalik?
Chat - kõne/ vestlus?
ping - viide/ latentsus? oi, maru pikk sõna :S
refresh rate - kas refresh rate pole mitte monitori värskendussagedus? jällegi, liiga pikk väljend.
Kui valitud, kasutatakse aegluupi juhul kui kõik mängijad on surma lähedal. - ...kui kõik mängijad on suremas?
Samuti huvitab, kas on mõeldud surma lähedal nagu ise suremas või on mõeldud siiski vahemaad. Kuigi 'near' tundub isiklikult pigem vahemaad väljendavat ja kui nõustud, siis võib asendada nt. '... sureva tegelase/sõduri läheduses'. - Bullet time peaks aktiveeruma siis kui ekraanil on terve hunnik tegelasi kellel on vähe elusid?
Sniper Line - Joonsihik? -just :)

Sul oli seal tõlkes selline väljend: Praegune Boonuste sagedus on %s
Ma ise muudaksin selle Boonuste suure B väikseks.

Ei, ega midagi sinu tõlkel suur viga ei olegi. Parem kui minu tõlge! :) Kui valmis saad, siis tee see tõlge avalikuks, et ka teised saaksid seda kasutada - kaasarvatud mina.

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Ma arvan, et ping jääb esialgu pingiks, kuigi ei tasu fondi mudimistki vaja minna, kui teksti asukoht/label on mängusiseselt dünaamiliselt määratud (pole 'pingi' puhul järgi proovinud). Rääkides suurtest algustähtedest, siis mu esialgses, tiba otsesemas tõlkes, olid kõik sõnad, mis ingliskeelses variandis suure tähega olid olnud, ka mul suure tähega, sellest need jäänukid.
Jah, administraator tegelikult sobib küll, loodan, et kuskil liiga pikaks ei veninud tekstilõik selle asenduse tulemusel. Leidsin aga oma tõlkest veel väljendi 'remote admin', mille võimalik tõlge kaugadministraator ei taha väga istuda vähemalt esmakordel lugemisel, aga anna oma arvamus ning ma annan oma, pärast välja magamist :].
Samuti ei suuda hetkel unise peaga mõelda ridadele "%s on hääletu" ja "%s pole enam hääletu" paremat alternatiivi, nii, et %s jääks nimetavasse käändesse.
Üritan ka harjuda mõttega, et tegelasi 'eemaldatakse' ja 'keelustatakse' nüüd mängudest. Kuigi 'välja viskamine' annab rohkem kick'i feel'i justkui : ), samas võib mõnes kohas liiga pikaks minna ning tahaks siiski sama sõna/väljendit igal pool kasutada selguse mõttes.
Bullet Time'i jaoks paremat lauset pean ka veel teine kord mõtlema.
Ning võib-olla (praegu pole enam otsustusvõimeline) tuleb serverite nimekirja varsti ülemserverist oodata.

Kuva ongi see mida su monitor(kuvar) kuvab, samuti vist sai plaanitud 'värskendus' asendatud, kuna oli liiga pikk ...vist. Aga jah, sagedust ma pole maininud.

Järgmine uuendus tõlkefailidele tuleb, kui need otsused on tehtud ning vastavad muudatused tehtud. See tuleb sama postituse külge, mille küljes praegugi mu tõlkefailid kõigile saadavad on.

Piisavalt zombi juba, head ööd... : )
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 03:16:59 pm by Xdada »

Offline Guile

• Major(1)
Kas need väljendid: ""%s on hääletu" ja "%s pole enam hääletu" peaksid ingl. k olema : %s is muted ja %s is unmuted.

Võib-olla sobiks see: on vaigistatud aga selle unmute kohta on raske midagi mõelda... äkki sobib lihtsalt et %s ei ole enam vaigistatud.

Eks sa ise vaata mida sa muudad ja mida mitte ;)

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
I've released the estonian_verB4.txt and substituted the previous file provided in the second post, with this one.

Estonian notes---
Nii, läks väheke aega, tegelesin muude asjadega ning pole 'sellel lainel' olnud mõnda aega ega väga ole praegugi. Siiski, tegin mõned muudatused ning nüüd peaks ta niivõrd-kuivõrd okei olema.

Soldat'i manual ütleb:
"Bullet Time -
When all players are nearby (on one screen) and someone is killed the game goes into bullet time mode which is a cinematic slow motion effect." Niisiis kõik mängijad on surija lähedal. Vastav muudatus sai tehtud.
Kickid/banid jätsin samaks, kuna mõnel pool tuli probleeme tõlgete ära mahutamisega;
Lobby serveri asemele sai ülemserver (küll lobby, mitte kui serveri, jätsin lobby'ks);
Chat'i jätsin;
Panin hääletu asemele 'vaigistatud' (ja 'pole vaigistatud');
Muutsin 'Kuva värskenduse sagedus:' (mahub täpselt);
Muutsin 'Virvtoonimine (dithering)';
Muud väiksemad parandused

Ja ikka, kui keegi midagi (kirja-/tõlke-/sisulist/... viga) märkab, andke teada. Samuti, kui keegi tahab mu tõlget kunagi ise tulevikus tõlke tegemisel kasutada, siis palun väga :]

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Sorry for double-posting again but there's an update - I've released translation files for the current Soldat beta version which I will update if the beta's language files will get any updates. The files are once again available in the second post in the topic

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Please also add which version the translation is for as there are a few betas :)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Please also add which version the translation is for as there are a few betas :)
Actually, I've noted that in the post I was referring to ;]

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
Soldat in Estonian sounds like ass. Mostly because of the English terminology, not the translation. But that may be the case with every other translation of Soldat.

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
s**t, this game sounds so wrong in Estonian...
Deja-vu? (I understand what you mean though) Anyhow, If you've got any ideas for improvement that haven't passed through the discussion above, let me know :]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:22:27 am by Xdada »

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Sorry for double-posting yet again but there's another update -
I've updated my translation to suit Soldat version 1.6.0 RC1 (attached to the first post in this topic this time, also I've left this as the only downloadable translation version as it should in addition to the 1.6.0 RC1 also be usable with at least Soldat 1.5 (and recent 1.5.1 betas) with the most notable difference in the strings that formerly contained 'BattlEye' (swapped with (Soldat )'Anti-cheat' (not strictly with such capitalization and dash-usage) since the last betas, 1.5.1.20(e) and 1.5.1.21(f))).

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Estonian translation + Could use help with some lines in the language .txt
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 02:03:41 am »
Ok updated translation will be included in 1.6.1
Thanks for notifying me ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod