Author Topic: The Vanishing Ammunition  (Read 877 times)

Offline Baoden

• Major(1)
The Vanishing Ammunition
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:01:04 pm »
It seems that my ammunition will completely deplete out of know where, forcing me to reload.
I thought I may have been accidentally hitting the reload button, (later finding out it happens when my weapon is full, too) so I tested it with the M79. Surely enough, I was forced to reload the already loaded M79. Also, if I use the Spas, it won't just reload it, it will take away all the ammunition and then reload it.

If this is the jamming "feature" described in the FAQ sticky, then I'm an idiot, but what they're describing sounds a lot different than what's happening here. Anyone else having the same issue?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: The Vanishing Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:08:09 pm »
Interesting... does it happen when you spawn? Or just randomly while you're running along? When someone maybe joins?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:26:03 pm »
I got that sometimes too with the m79. It just automically reloads when already reloaded. And also sometimes I have to drop the m79 and pick it up again to reload because sometimes it jams...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:04:13 pm »
This applies to all other weapons, it's not just the M79 - the auto-reload bug.

I noticed that whenever this was about to happen, you can hear the sound of a Spas reload.

Offline Baoden

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 07:48:32 am »
Interesting... does it happen when you spawn? Or just randomly while you're running along? When someone maybe joins?
Actually, it just happens randomly. I thought about the possibility of someone joining having an affect so I tried it out on my own server, with bots.

STM, interesting find on the Spas reload sound, I never noticed that.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 07:56:36 am »
I get it now and then when it happens it usually happens a lot(in that particular game) then you can play 30+ games without it ever happen so its really hard to reproduce, been trying to demo it but of course then it doesn't happen.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 09:41:22 am »
So does it occur after rolling or something, or in a situation that would cause a Spas to start reloading if it had been reloading before, or even if you're just standing around and picking your nose?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:47:15 am »
I experienced this yesterday, but only when having SPAS. The map was quite cramped so I didn't have time to pick my nose. It stopped occurring when I changed to MP5, I didn't notice it has anything to do with rolling.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 09:55:39 am »
I've had it on other guns that spas so I don't think its specific to that weapon

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic