Author Topic: moderators too strict  (Read 7053 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: moderators too strict
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 08:33:42 am »
Either way, I don't really mind at all - I have a pretty high tolerance for these kind of things. To be honest, I prefer a community with a higher level of maturity, or at least, knowing when to put up (genuinely amusing) quality nonsense and when to be serious.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:35:56 am by STM1993 »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2009, 09:11:25 am »
Contrary to what some of you may believe, Demonic` was once nice and cuddly as he described. He gave me the following verbal warning a while ago:

The reasonable explanation thing was for Meecrob and his cheat engine.

Look, over the past time you've been improving a bit, and a lot of shit you get is just unfair trolling. But if you move between the lines drawn by guys like bja and Fluffy ( back-seat moderating, overly trying to be funny, you will respect me or else yadda-yadda ), it will go on forever.

But to put it short, from my totally subjective point of view: you managed to slip into a neutral zone for me, and I'd hate to hate you again.

's all in all friendly advice. Have fun foruming.

And...yeah, everything Demonic and Geo have said is pure gold when it comes to accuracy.
There are other worlds than these

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2009, 10:40:20 am »
Fuck me.
Just bend over [pigtail]
Aaaand he scores!

Personally, I think some are generous (like jrgp) and some are a teeeeny bit harsh (Demonic, but he's really funny)

Dude demonic wants maturity that's where my ape-hair-ish body comes in!
Oh and he isn't harsh, snipah, he's just the moderator guy mowing down everyone in his way xD
b&

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2009, 04:04:48 pm »
@jrgp: you still have that? haha. (:

Hey, if anyone, then I only won with Soldat. There have been good friends made (text_killer and the_bug from hungary), there were awesome people met (maka and Ender from the old soldat.nl, n00bface), and all because in the very beginning, there were some fellows who pumelled me to pulp, tore me to pieces, shoved me down and what not - seriously, at age 14, I was worse than any of the current forum base.

Now, with FLAB, jrgp, Enesce and Shoozza behind the codes, Geo and Vij representin' mature authoritAY, I'm the only one left who did the 'regular' soldat jump school with every possible community and shit... never needed to be the best player, the most successful server owner, the greatest mapper, because there were always some people who were better or just astounding with the energy they put into this crap - but I know how this place ticks.

And unlucky for you, since my example worked, God help me, you are going to either go through the same or die from forum abuse. ;)

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2009, 04:23:15 pm »
I pick the latter...
Text goes here...

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »
God help us.
b&

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2009, 06:17:14 pm »
@jrgp: you still have that? haha. (:
Yeah, I don't delete PM's. ;)
There are other worlds than these

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2009, 01:57:29 pm »
I almost feel bad about doing jack shit when it comes to moderating. To be honest, I could really care less how this place is run, as long as it is moderated to some extent. As it stands, there is no possible way to strictly apply our forum rules to every single offense; as Geo said, it's a judgment call. This is clearly stated in the forum rules.

As far as I can tell, Geo and Demo typically refrain from unleashing the rage all over your face unless you deserve it.