Author Topic: Inf. layout idea...  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Inf. layout idea...
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:19:03 pm »
inf_Theft. You don't have give me credit for anything; indeed, the idea's not my own—someone else from the old forums thought of the idea, and I just drew up this generic, possible layout.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Inf. layout idea...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:23:35 pm »
Tasty. I might do this some point in my lifetime.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:12:21 pm »
The bottom portion of the fort (or whatever it is) reminds me of 2T

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:30:20 am »
Never heard of it...

Oh, and the building's supposed to vaguely resemble a museum, I think.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 07:50:29 pm »
sounds good. if it were me though, Id add a few extra twists to it, like maybe main windows/doors on the side of it and like a dark vent-tunnel thing to sneak in through the top. this would also be good on realistic  :)

(btw. lol paint ftl)
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 10:20:27 pm »
Paint owns.

If you want to add that, go make it then. I'm definitely not going to :P

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 12:00:06 am »
actually, piant sucks lol. HOWEVER: it was the very first program I ever drew a picture in, and I must say, despite it crappyness, paint sure did a good job considering it was made in, what, '95?

but yeah, back on topic, I think there've been too many building inf maps out there now that another one would hafta be exceptionally unique to stand out and get recognition. hence the reason for the various twists I mentioned earlier. but hey dude, I fully encourage you to go on with this! Im sure it'd be fun, and if by some random reason it sucks, you'll know more about mapping and how to make better maps for days to come! ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:02:43 am by -WildBill- »
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 12:47:47 am »
You obviously have not used its lumination function. Paint is the perfect tool for weapons-gfx and other very small graphics. ;)

Oh, don't you go there. :P I've tried my hand at mapping. I absolutely suck at polygons, textures, vertex-shading, all that jazz. All I can do is beef up existing maps' colors, scenery, SP positions, an' waypoints. Call me a "map 1337izer" if you like ;D

Anything original I come up with is just layouts. (In fact this isn't even mine, really; I only based it on what I envisioned someone else's own idea was, from the old forum's. :P) So if you decide to make anything remotely similar to this, you can change as much as you like or adhere strictly to the pic. and not give me credit at all either way, and I wouldn't care.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 03:39:57 am »
1. you posted this a while ago, I was hoping ypou forgot because
2. I made it, but my pc reformatted :/

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 12:30:37 pm »
Well, TradeMAAK either made this or something extremely similiar to it on SML (sml.u13.net). It's called inf_buildinginfiltration (http://sml.u13.net/index.php?p=mapinfo&id=98).