Author Topic: Looking for sponsors for an INF server.  (Read 1542 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Looking for sponsors for an INF server.
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:04:55 pm »
The INF community has lately had a great lack of servers, due to the lack of experience\funds with the young people that start servers.
And therefor it has been slowly dying, ye it still has some loyal and loving fans.
Me and about 15-20 other players have been server jumping for weeks lately trying to find a good old fun time, in a good normal mode inf server, no scripts, no nothing....
Since the death of the Internal Bleeding Inflict (IBI) server, the CSC 1shot1kill server, and FORBES' Server, we've haven't had that kind of fun.
Please, if anyone has those possibilities, I beg you, help the INF community out, we are willing to raise funds, donations, etc...
As long as you can give us a normal mode public inf server, (Preferably mid-Europe zones. Ping) we'll have it filled up.
So if anyone can help us, report yourself here.
Thanks for your time.
b&

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Looking for sponsors for an INF server.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 03:09:57 pm »
I COULD host a inf server, central europe, croatia based, but im not sure how would be the ping with my other server (dsl line)
But yes in generally, i could make a test run with that.

Also, ip is dynamic.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:33:04 pm by croat1gamer »
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 11:45:15 am »
I COULD host a inf server, central europe, croatia based, but im not sure how would be the ping with my other server (dsl line)
But yes in generally, i could make a test run with that.

Also, ip is dynamic.

Oh please! I know you're an inf fan and this would help the community a lot mate! Tell me if you get any updates on it.
b&

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 08:49:39 am »
Demoniac, have you tried #soldat.mapping infiltration gather? There we have from time to time 3on3 to 5on5 infiltration gathers, you should come and check it out with yourself with your buddies of course :).

Also we have there admin zakath, (who is owner of [INC] servers in Sweden, to my knowledge there's already one inf server hosted by him) he might support you if you are nice to him.

I'm trying to get infiltration into #soldat.gather. But for that I'm needing support from community.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:01:12 am by Suowarrior »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:17 am »
Demoniac, have you tried #soldat.mapping infiltration gather? There we have from time to time 3on3 to 5on5 infiltration gathers, you should come and check it out with yourself with your buddies of course :).

Also we have there admin zakath, (who is owner of [INC] servers in Sweden, to my knowledge there's already one inf server hosted by him) he might support you if you are nice to him.

I'm trying to get infiltration into #soldat.gather. But for that I'm needing support from community.

Check my other topics, one of them is a wake up call to the inf community to demand and establish an inf gather server, or 2, along with the original #Sna.gather and the #soldat.gather.
Most of the votes in the poll went to the favor of making it. I just needed a sponsor, and couldn't find one, so now I'm sticking to first revive the community, then take it up to the gathers.
b&

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:16:11 am »
Inf gather must be modified if you want it have daylight. It can't use the most default inf maps because they are far too gigantic for 3on3, I see it's the main reason why inf gathers have never succeeded. Actually only default map that is small enough is Biologic and well maybe some others.

Why gather can't be 4on4 or 5on5? There aren't enough players for it and also more people more retards --- > worse gathers.

Does inf community have some sort of base, website, irc channel or something?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:20:58 am by Suowarrior »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:26:51 am »
Inf gather must be modified if you want it have daylight. It can't use the most default inf maps because they are far too gigantic for 3on3, I see it's the main reason why inf gathers have never succeeded. Actually only default map that is small enough is Biologic and well maybe some others.

Why gather can't be 4on4 or 5on5? There aren't enough players for it and also more people more retards --- > worse gathers.

Does inf community have some sort of base, website, irc channel or something?

A part of it is the mapping gather channel thingy, which (As an INF fanatic) I've never even heard of, and I see no participation from it to establishing pub servers etc....Even though I saw some server on the lobby with their name on it, it asked for a password...

P.S: You CAN hold a 4 on 4 \5 on 5 gather, that's what the maps are super sized for...
b&

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 12:02:26 pm »
*...*

A part of it is the mapping gather channel thingy, which (As an INF fanatic) I've never even heard of, and I see no participation from it to establishing pub servers etc....Even though I saw some server on the lobby with their name on it, it asked for a password...

The third reply to your topic and you haven't heard of it ok.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 12:55:43 pm »
Salvation has arrived! There's a new, normal mode INF server called F U in the lobby, based in Germany, with perfect ping, minimum lags, and a kind admin, please, to everyone concerned: Come in and play! The told me that as long as it's active and there are worthy players in there he'll keep it alive, this is just the refreshment we needed, so open soldat, join the server, and let the good old inf fun take over!
Server IP: 213.239.210.140
Port: 30086
While you're there, leave a kind word for the admin people.
b&