Author Topic: Weapon Changing  (Read 1035 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Weapon Changing
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:53:18 am »
Wouldn't it be good if you could change weapons through the numbers (not the numpad). Like 1 is the Primary weapon you are using, 2 is the Secondary weapon and 3, you might have to hold it down to throw nade or something etc.

It's a bit like css but it should be into soldat. If you don't want to press Q, it would be nice to change weapon through those buttons.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Weapon Changing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:10:30 am »
Flaw in suggestion:
Let's say I start with a Minimi and a LAW. I just discarded my LAW and retrieved an Aug. Now which one is the primary and which one is the secondary? Now you can easily say that the Aug would be the secondary, but it can get very confusing, especially if you carried two of the same guns or you discard and pick up other weapons often.

Ultimately, I think this suggestion is more inconvenient than helpful. The simple system of pressing 'Q' to switch between the one being held and the one in the back is still better.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:15:42 am by STM1993 »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:22:03 am »
Yup, I fully agree with STM1993. It will cause more problems. If we had like 3 or more usable weapons during the gameplay this idea would be considrable, now it's not.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 09:23:07 am »
Yup, I fully agree with STM1993. It will cause more problems. If we had like 3 or more usable weapons during the gameplay this idea would be considrable, now it's not.
Wtf just what I was going to say ... ;D

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42:52 pm »
And, its the most awesome idea ever.

Heres an example why:
AN ENEMY IS RUSHING ON YOU WITH A LAW!!!
YOU SHOOT YOUR LAST BARRET SHOT AND MISS HIM
YOU HOLD THROW GRENADE BUTTON, BUT REALIZE THAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE TO THE NADE FIRST
KILLED BY MAJOR

DISTANCE: 9.83m

It is too obvious why is this a bad idea.
Like the doomsday machine.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:46:00 pm by croat1gamer »
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:20 pm »
Wouldn't it be good if you could change weapons through the numbers (not the numpad). Like 1 is the Primary weapon you are using, 2 is the Secondary weapon and 3, you might have to hold it down to throw nade or something etc.

It's a bit like css but it should be into soldat. If you don't want to press Q, it would be nice to change weapon through those buttons.

Think about what you're suggesting. With 1 or 2 as the buttons, you could only switch to the one you aren't using. I.e, if you already had your primary out, accidentally hitting 1 would just keep your current weapon the same. By having a single button to switch to whatever you aren't using, you have effectively combined the need for a 1 and a 2 into a single button, saving endless amounts of confusion in a game that requires split second switching. Plus, you can think of the 'e' key as already having a grenade button. If changing it to 3 makes you feel better, go ahead, because as of now you're just suggesting that we further clog up the keyboard with what may be the most useless suggestion ever devised.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 04:07:47 pm »
YOU HOLD THROW GRENADE BUTTON, BUT REALIZE THAT YOU NEED TO CHANGE TO THE NADE FIRST

He never said you'd have to 'switch' to nades, just hold down 3 to throw one.

Nevertheless, it's still a pointless idea, the current setup is easily more convenient and less confusing. If you don't like pressing Q, choose a different key. :P

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:15:02 pm »
Q's more convenient anyway... if you want you could just change your nade button to 3 :P
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 12:58:01 am »
Q is far easier to use, don't need to take your fingers off the movement controls to switch weapon/throw a grenade.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Pekay.jps

• Major
  • Chose to be clanless
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 03:49:31 am »
What about the mouse scroll wheel?

I will keep Q anyway I guess :P

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 05:30:51 am »
You can set up the controls to have the mouse scroll wheel as change weapon (or any control for that matter), but it's a press thingy - not a scroll to change weapon thing.
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Pekay.jps

• Major
  • Chose to be clanless
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 06:01:47 am »
Ye, I am aware of that. The point was to actually change weapons through scrolling ;)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 09:06:50 am »
When I'll eventually got home I'll be using my "Uber Mouse" which has some programable keys. I can set one of it keys to change weapons.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."