Author Topic: Fire  (Read 2411 times)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Fire
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:28:19 am »
 :o :o 8)Fire 8) :o :o
Ok, no offence MM or whoever, but fire is very underused in this game, I mean, the only way to make it is via a flamethrower, and almost no servers have it enabed! Way to waste several hours of coding... So, in order to make fire more popular (and FUN!), here are a few suggestions:
  • 1. Lava polygons catch the player on fire.
  • 2. Molotov coctails to replace nades (bonus/powerup
  • 3. Nearby explosions set people on fire
  • 4. Make the flamer more powerful.
1. Why not?
2. Probably not gonna happen but would be cool.
3. Same as 1.
4. Flamer is wimpy now, nobody uses it (besides me who just likes to have a good time) because it is so weak. its a freeking POWERUP it should UP your POWER.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
Re: Fire
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:50:06 am »
I use the flamer as soon as I can get one because of the 10 seconds god mode. But that's it.

2 won't happen because it'S a new weapon, 1 and 3 would be cool. ACtually, on lava polygons, the corpse of the player is burning when you die from those.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:36:42 pm »
ACtually, on lava polygons, the corpse of the player is burning when you die from those.
O.o
I think the moment you touch it you should light.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 06:04:28 pm »
The Flamer is actually really powerful, but v1.3.1 killed its online effectiveness; it doesn't do anything at all basically due to lag (but it is fully functional offline against bots). Hopefully this will be fixed...

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:02:58 pm »
id be down with flame. but only on the ground after a nade. grenades in reality dont catch actual people on fire, just blows them apart. People aren't flamable. the ground can catch on fire though.
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 07:28:22 pm »
id be down with flame. but only on the ground after a nade. grenades in reality dont catch actual people on fire, just blows them apart. People aren't flamable. the ground can catch on fire though.
thats true, but is soldat supposed to be realistic in any wayy?

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 07:32:51 pm »
I use the flamer as soon as I can get one because of the 10 seconds god mode. But that's it.

2 won't happen because it'S a new weapon, 1 and 3 would be cool. ACtually, on lava polygons, the corpse of the player is burning when you die from those.

The corpse isn't always burning, it's only happened to me if I'm holding an M79 or an M72 (explosivess)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:14:55 pm »
1 I like, the rest not.
3 is silly because explosions are already really powerful, and making you take damage after would over do it.
4 is just wrong. The flamer rocks. (Ok, so maybe it is a little weak on the first hit but it's not too bad)
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:16:32 pm »
4 is just wrong. The flamer rocks. (Ok, so maybe it is a little weak on the first hit but it's not too bad)
I think it should be like the flamer in that GODS server a bit back, with it a lot more powerful but shorter ranged. lotsa fun.

Offline Skiessi

• Major(1)
    • asd.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 03:56:02 pm »
Nah for Molotov cocktails, flamer is surely powerful enough, but yes, explosions should burn people, especiallĂ˝ (<-<- is that the right word?) in Realistic mode, because therealisticmodepeoplelikedyingalot..I mean because it sounds realistic. And lava polygons lighting things sounds okay.