Poll

Which weapon do you think is the most unbalanced?

Desert Eagles
10 (4.6%)
HK MP5
5 (2.3%)
AK-74
3 (1.4%)
Steyr Aug
10 (4.6%)
Spas-12
45 (20.8%)
Ruger 77
9 (4.2%)
M79
16 (7.4%)
Barrett M82A1
9 (4.2%)
FN Minimi
36 (16.7%)
XM214 Minigun
29 (13.4%)
USSOCOM
4 (1.9%)
Combat Knife
2 (0.9%)
Chainsaw
4 (1.9%)
M72 LAW
4 (1.9%)
Grenades
10 (4.6%)
Weapons are Balanced.
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 215

Author Topic: Most Unbalanced Weapon (for version 1.5)  (Read 46358 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Most Unbalanced Weapon (for version 1.5)
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:13:46 am »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=30711.0;all
^ This is the original thread. However, the votes there are the results for Soldat version 1.4.2. We have already moved on to a new version, 1.5, and have a new weapons balance.

By "unbalanced", we mean either underpowered or overpowered, or both.

Your opinions please.

My personal vote would be the Spas-12 - it's currently of the biggest concern in the weapons balance. It is so powerful at close-range, yet so terrible at long range, yet having range that is more than what it should have, and yet despite being the king of close-ranged fights, it is easily broken by grenades and M79s.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:24:30 am by STM1993 »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Most Unbalanced Weapon (for version 1.5)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:20:42 am »
I'll probably say Spas too.

I did agree on the other thread about Spas is all right. But I'll take that back.

Spas got an extra push, and an extra round. It's very fearful now.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Pekay.jps

• Major
  • Chose to be clanless
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:35:58 am »
I vote for the Steyr because of its very short reload time, short shot intervals and its high range tempting almost everybody to run amok with it. I think that the smaller magazine for the Steyr didn't add much to its balance and that the quick reload even contributed to its overpowerment.

I don't think it's of much priority because the imbalance isn't too grievous but it's unbelievable to see how you can kill one enemy easily, reload within seconds and kill the next one.

Offline magister

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 08:36:19 am »
Now that 1.5 came out, I'd say that spas is easily the most overpowered weapon, mostly because it 2 hits you and has a long distance impact on players since they added speed into it.

I don't know why they always tend to make weapons only more powerful, rather than reducing some weapons damages, for example rugers. I think adding more damage isn't the way to balance up weapons since the game gets even more hasten than it is with such a fast kills by overpowered weapons and so.
por la razón o la fuerza

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:45:36 am »
I don't know why they always tend to make weapons only more powerful, rather than reducing some weapons damages, for example rugers. I think adding more damage isn't the way to balance up weapons since the game gets even more hasten than it is with such a fast kills by overpowered weapons and so.
Oh, actually the Ruger got a nerf. -6 damage. It was given -10 reload and has no more bink though, but those buffs don't make up much for the loss of firepower. Fortunately, it's become more balanced from this change.

Regarding why everything is buffed up, that's because one of the goals of the weapon balance is to make Soldat become more and more fast-paced, as much as possible to the extent of that in 1.2.1.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:49:27 am by STM1993 »

Offline magister

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:24:45 am »
Well these changes that are making Soldat become more fast-paced, are also factors that make the less experienced players stand a chance in killing others by luck or some coincidence. And also I think that the more fast-paced the game becomes, the messy it'll be.

I also would like to add that HK is remarkably strong weapon now that they buffed it, probably because of its bursting way of shooting, if yall know what I mean.
por la razón o la fuerza

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 09:49:53 am »
I voted Spas for most overpowered, although Chainsaw still remains grossly underpowered in most cases.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 09:51:26 am »
The minigun is still weak while playing through net, but I voted for grenades. Both of them suffer from not registering hits but grenades even so are overpowered and their unbalanced nature is more important, cause all players use them.

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 12:02:10 pm »
I voted for grenades being the most unbalanced of the available weapons. However, I intensely believe that grenades separate Soldat from most of the other shooters I've ever played. In fact, it is one of the main reasons I love Soldat so much. No other game has grenades that explode on contact! Although, their grenades do still kill automatically if you're within close enough range of the blast.

Grenades are perhaps the hardest weapon to balance, in my opinion. First, there's the netcode (as I believe I've been seeing other people say) issue which leads to people being boosted instead of being injured from grenades. Second, they can kill in one hit from beneath a person, and hit someone with a grenade and shoot them with a few measly bullets and they are dead. Third, their range is much larger than perhaps should be. Them Soldats have some powerful throwing arms!

There are, of course, more reasons that can be used as examples for the grenades unbalanced-ness. For instance, the fact that grenades get more kills than any other weapon in the game, and that the most overpowered weapon in the game can be readily spammed since there are plentiful grenade boxes around.

Even though I'm arguing for the side that says grenades are unbalanced, I'll be truthful in saying that I love them. They make Soldat what it is, for me. 

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 01:27:35 pm »
Grenades are a big issue but seeing as they are not "primary" weapons, I'll leave that for the nade discussions.
Other than that it's the Steyr, followed by the Minimi, I have noticed that both of these have lately become the easiest kill packers in the game, instead of "balancing" as in making them equal in overall performance, the guys are just adding more and more damage to those weapons, so that whenever you get hit 2 or 3 times by any sort of weapon you're dead...It's become too lame lately, I say take the balance back to what it was at 1.4.2, except for fixing the nade issues, keeping the semi's (Especially Spas, only add some damage over long range to it) as they are right now. And FFS do something bout the Socom, decrease it's ammo to 10 or decrease it's interval.
b&

Offline KeNNy`

• Major
  • Quiet one.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 06:05:13 pm »
I think the mini gun is unbalanced, now he has too much power and pushing too much.
Old School

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 11:07:48 pm »
Shinobi, play F.E.A.R. multiplayer, thier nades splode on contact too :D Very delecious watching a body splode. As for overpowered, I would probably say the minimi, the thing is such a crazy destructive force now, its insane. It has it all, tons of bullets, long range, great damage, great bullet speed. Mov acc is NEGLIGIBLE. Reload, meh, you probably will die before you HAVE to REALLY reload, if not, you have a knife and nades. For anyone that disagrees with the mov acc penalty is crazy, I dont even notice it. Self bink? hah. So, the Only real downside of the minimi is the long reload time, which its not even that big of a problem.

As for underpowered, id have to say the usual, minigun, but who cares, no one uses it seriously (Competetive!) for anything other than a quick cap/return.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:14:43 am »
Mov acc is NEGLIGIBLE. Reload, meh, you probably will die before you HAVE to REALLY reload, if not, you have a knife and nades. For anyone that disagrees with the mov acc penalty is crazy, I dont even notice it. Self bink? hah.
I reckon the Minimi should have movementacc 4 like in 1.4.2 rather than now where it's only 3, which makes the Minimi a bit too accurate >.>

The Minimi has a noticeable movementacc and a very low self-bink, so it is inaccurate in the initial burst of 4-5 bullets while moving and would be poor at long range in the beginning, but since bink overrides movementacc, after those 4-5 bullets, subsequent shots become very accurate. In this way, users are forced to keep shooting rather than fire in bursts, because firing in bursts is a lot more inaccurate for the Minimi unlike other autos. The problem is, by the time those 4-5 shots are fired, you might be dead already, and if the enemy keeps switching between cover and getting out to shoot you, you would spend a lot of precious ammo while dealing very little damage.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:18:25 am by STM1993 »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:22 pm »
Minigun gets my vote because it still sucks. I have to say I don't find spas all that broken, it just seems broken because no one used it before. It needs a little nerf (probably on range) but I like the fact people actually use more guns than steyr and ruger now and different guns are actually good in different situations and maps.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Vitko

• Major(1)
  • Discount
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:14 am »
Definitely D'eagles. They have lost their close combat efectiveness against SPAS and ruger fits better on a long range.
deagle

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 08:46:17 am »
err.... Steyr is almost the least used auto nowadays.

the obvious answer is Minimi, since it's damage is higher than AKs and lightly lower than the steyrs. however, minimi can fire 2.5X the time the steyr fires in and more than 1.1 the time AK fires in. this gives it enormous stability and performance.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 06:44:45 pm »
Minimi for the reasons listed above.

Spas sucks at long range, is terrible for chasing EFCs, and is nowhere near the reliability and power of the Minimi.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 07:17:04 pm »
Hah, I'm the first one here who voted "Weapons are Ballanced". I really think that. And I'm not newb player. ;d
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline cpt. Jacob

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 08:13:20 am »
i think eagles are too powerful cuz few shots from close and far distances and u are wasted... >:(

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 08:29:32 am »
Aside from the novelty of the minigun I think they're quite good. Grenades should have no 1-hit kills, do less damage but have more splash in my opinion.

Keep in mind; once a weapon changes, nerfed or buffed, fanboys of the other weapons will argue that it's too powerful or their favourite is too weak. We've seen it happen a lot, so be wary of that.