Author Topic: Assassin Mode  (Read 1686 times)

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
Assassin Mode
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:41:13 am »
Here's another suggestion. One player is tasked with being the assassin, all of the other players have to kill him. The killer of the assassin takes the role of assassin and the game resumes.

To further improve, one player could be a target. If the assassin destroys the target then they are given extra kills or a bonus or something.
Proudly Australian :)

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
Re: Assassin Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:50:55 am »
this can be scripted I think
cool

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:31:27 am »
this can be scripted I think

/Agreed.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:52:38 am »
Reminds me of Rambomatch, except that the players don't have to rush and grab the bow and the newer idea of killing the target.

Can be easily scripted to work very well.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:19:18 am »
Rambomatch.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 03:25:59 am »
Very little difference from rambo match. Ask someone to try and script it if he has time. And thank him properly...
b&

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 05:04:19 am »
So you get points for killing the assassin and as for killing as an assassin?  That'd be a lot like rambomatch.  Maybe make him always pred :P

But yeah, a bit much like rambomatch
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:14:22 am »
*slaps own forehead* It's pretty much the same as Rambo, but I was thinking it terms of no bow and more points for special kills, such as assassin killing the target and so on.

Oh and I'm not intending to exactly do this on a server or anything, I'm just presenting the community with a suggestion. I like to, because it gives everyone something to consider. Ya know...constructive suggestions...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 06:10:44 am »
Ya we all know, post counting...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:24:23 am »
You did the same thing by just posting this shit of yours...

The idea seems like fun but my guess is it'll end up just like other suggestions. "Yeah, it's fun, but no one will play it."
Text goes here...

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:29:27 am »
Quote from: Wookash
Unlike people such as yourself, I'm trying to offer something to this community. This mainly includes suggesting things that might actually work. Try not to be a dickhead when it comes to responding to honest suggestions.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 07:59:41 am »
The idea seems like fun but my guess is it'll end up just like other suggestions. "Yeah, it's fun, but no one will play it."
True, even if the suggestion is good and is fun, not many would play it. Look at the poor popularity of Rambomatch, and we can roughly gauge how popular the game mode would be.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25:09 am »
True, even if the suggestion is good and is fun, not many would play it. Look at the poor popularity of Rambomatch, and we can roughly gauge how popular the game mode would be.

And that's just the problem with the community, 1 or 2 majorities, with some parts that are also into the minorities. Like how CTF and DM are the big ones out there, and TDM, and INF, take the 2nd spot whilst HTF and RM are barely looked at. Because soldat was launched and grew mainly around CTF, it IS for a fact the most played and popular game mode in soldat.

But that doesn't mean it's the most fun. As much fun as this mode would be, it's just too late to be added. Maybe have a RM based core for a script for this, but it's just a waste of time to add more game modes to soldat at the present time. If you can get it scripted add some servers and see, just MAYBE you'll get enough popularity for it to make it official, as much as I doubt it.
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 10:17:06 am »
In my opinion Soldat is made for Hide and Seek ;D
Just kidding, ctf is great :)

Some ideas OnTopic:

-assassin has rambo powers, but instead of having regeneration he gets invisibility and instead of a bow he has on one slot a knife that he gets back after 3 seconds and on the other slot he gets a chainsaw
- you get points like on rambomatch with one exclusion: assassin gets 2 points for killing with knife and 1 point for killing with chainsaw

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 10:25:08 am »
pointless.

Offline Atomic

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »
This is similar to elite's ninjas vs pirates server.

The ninja team is invisible and can only use the knife while the pirates have a couple of weapons and its ctf.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »
Not very worth it in my view.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 12:41:36 am »
Quote from: Demon
As much fun as this mode would be, it's just too late to be added.
Disappointing but I'm ok with it. True with your points about CTF and DM, the other modes aren't played too much. Unfortunately.

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 06:10:23 am »
Its gonna be like hold the flag...but if its a mod NO ONE (maybe like 4) people will bother to download it play it consistently etc. or host a dedicated server.

BUT if you just wanna have some fun with your mates ask a veteran scripter of advice. (kazuki? chaucusa? I don't know...)
Anyone play KOL?