Author Topic: Speeding up soldat.  (Read 442 times)

Offline BlitSin

• Major(1)
Speeding up soldat.
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:07:51 pm »
 Hi.

So I found out that Soldat is made for a CPU with 333 MHz processing speed and 32 mb of RAM

Normally, I have to play with my adapter on my laptop so that soldat doesn't lag, and has a decent enough FPS.

The problem is that my processor runs at 1.83 GHz and I have 1 GB of RAM and I recently reformatted my computer because I had a virus. [not fun] So, I know my computer should be running pretty fast now (and it does)

Anyone got any ideas how I can make Soldat run smoothly on only battery power? I do not like being attached to a power outlet.

Thanks
~~blitsin

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: Speeding up soldat.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:53:03 pm »
That doesn't sound like soldat's fault. Be sure that when you are off of your adapter you don't make your computer go into "energy saving mode" or things like that. Some laptops do that automatically and they end up cutting into the performance of it.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:11:40 am »
It's lagging because you have no video acceleration when your computer is in any kind of power saving state. So there is nothing we can do, it isn't Soldats problem.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:18:36 am »
If using XP, simply go to control panel>display>setting tab> advanced> troubleshoot tab and put the hardware acceleration to full.

I hope it works.