Author Topic: Current project  (Read 4257 times)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
Current project
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:09:48 am »
Just a little thing, don't expect too much...

Anyone interested?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline [SIRS]Foxconn^^2012

• Soldier
Re: Current project
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:28:09 am »
COOOOLLL!!!!!!! I love that :)

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:48:41 am »
That looks really neat I'm interested...(duh) ;)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:33:05 am »
Screenshots look ugly as hell, donĀ“t zoom them in, a good quality is appreciated ;) Other from that it looks nice till now, any weapon/gostek previews or just in game?

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »
When you use a resolution greater than 1024x768, you can't see such tiny graphics without being zoomed  ;)

Anyway, I'm very happy with the DSR-1. I've managed to get it tweaked exactly how I wanted it: It can perform amazingly, but takes equally amazing skill to use. You can get a one-hit-kill with it, but only if you hit them perfectly in the head. Two shots to the torso are also lethal, as are three leg-shots. To balance it out, an average reload time with a 5-round clip ensure that it can't be abused. That plus a great visual style make it exactly what I wanted when I went to replace the Steyr Scout.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:42:10 pm »
Your gosteks are very nice looking but can you post some un-zoomed pics?

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:13:49 pm »

Also, the mortar is a lot more useful now (though still a secondary weapon for a reason).

EDIT:

I've /finally/ found something good to do with the chainsaw. While the game forces my electrolaser to do a very high amount of damage, I've balanced it by giving it only a short amount of time to zap before having to do a quick reload. Comes with a flickering arc effect, a decent electricity sound (especially considering the engine limitations around the chainsaw), and even a smoke particle effect coming from the zapped area.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:57:20 pm by Taehl »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »
Wb Taehl, good to see you again ^^
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 07:00:26 pm »
Hey! Good to see I'm not old and forgotten ^^

I'm gonna go sleep now. I wonder if anyone will figure out what my little project is... I'll try my damnedest to finish it before my new computer parts come in and I get distracted  ;)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 02:33:43 pm »
Taehl you aer back!!!!!!!!!!!
And with so great news for now that mod is going to look even better than LW

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 07:53:54 am »
I wanna swap that gun with my steyr!

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 08:34:49 am »
I though the DSR-1  gold-plated dragoon barrel was the coolest DSR variant.

I was wrong. I love the DSR and you've done great justice to it. I really like it!

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 06:22:20 pm »
Thank you. I've only changed one pixel since I posted those shots, and that's the way it will stay. I hope you like the silenced firing sound I made for it as much as the graphics.

This time around, unlike LandWarrior 2.0, I wanted the weapons to be superb not only in a tactical way, but ALSO in twitch-fest tournament style. It's taken some tweaking, but now I can say that, unlike LW2.0, a 6-person match in DesertWind is fun and balanced (except the sniper rifle, obviously, but even it, with some careful use, can get you half as many kills as, say, someone with a shotgun (which is much better for a fast, tight match)). Those of you who liked my old mod shouldn't fear: I'm still working with the concept of making each weapon ideal for a specific situation, and weak in specific others, so that no one weapon is "best".

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:48 am »
A teaser made from my latest round of balance playtests (with inane commentary)...

Pff, go figure I would get the background color wrong. Damn.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 10:47:18 am »
Don't take my recent lack of posts for inactivity - I've been too busy working on the mod!*

*And Fallout 3.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:51:52 am »
Looks awesome so far :) I WANT IT :P
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:20:08 am »
The laser\teaser looks epic...Wow finally a weapon that functions similar to the saw.
b&

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 11:54:37 am »
The PDEL-7 (the name I've given the electrolaser) actually ended up having a strange and wonderful mechanic: It has more range than the chainsaw, and if it doesn't kill the target (which it can do in an instant), it'll fling them disorientingly around. At the same time, if someone runs at you with the thing, you can actually get /inside/ their zap radius - and they'll be completely helpless as long as you can stay on top of them. So if you're attacked right as you've emptied your magazine, say, you aren't completely screwed - you still have a (difficult!) chance for some righteous ownage.

I've been attempting to hide as many rewards for skillful playing like this as I can.

All in all, I love it. Boogey Man is actually a threat now ;)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:57 am »
The PDEL-7 (the name I've given the electrolaser) actually ended up having a strange and wonderful mechanic: It has more range than the chainsaw, and if it doesn't kill the target (which it can do in an instant), it'll fling them disorientingly around. At the same time, if someone runs at you with the thing, you can actually get /inside/ their zap radius - and they'll be completely helpless as long as you can stay on top of them. So if you're attacked right as you've emptied your magazine, say, you aren't completely screwed - you still have a (difficult!) chance for some righteous ownage.

I've been attempting to hide as many rewards for skillful playing like this as I can.

All in all, I love it. Boogey Man is actually a threat now ;)

Nice, tweaking up the good old boogies. But, haven't they always been a threat, i numbers? ;D
b&

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 01:00:20 pm »
Hmm... The MP7 seems... Not quite perfect to me. Any ideas what it needs?