Author Topic: More minor nippets  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
Re: More minor nippets
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 09:05:43 am »
Their IP however does stay in the log with the kick\ban information right? However, this idea definitely would save you time with unbanning when for example you got people banned in a row, 2 hackers, and one by mistake, and you wanna bring him back, so you can't use unbanlast and there's too many chatters in the server, this would help in the mentioned situation.

In what log?

And there are a many number of reasons you won't be able to get someone's ip address from the console window. Imagine if they joined a game before you had arsse open, and then you open look at it and they got votekicked (or any number of other options), bam, no ip address to unban them with. Or if they get kicked in battleye and you want to rangeban them, no surprise you can't without viewing the  ban list.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:13:02 am by Bloo »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 08:30:18 am »
I'm for this feature, and, since you mentioned unbanning two people, it would be nice if /unbanlast just unbanned chronologically people from the banlist, so if you used it once, the next person before the person you just unbanned will be the next to be unbanned if you used the command again.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 08:34:27 am »
I'm for this feature, and, since you mentioned unbanning two people, it would be nice if /unbanlast just unbanned chronologically people from the banlist, so if you used it once, the next person before the person you just unbanned will be the next to be unbanned if you used the command again.

I was thinking that too, but then I thought it's open to abuse and accidents. Say you have a legitimate hacker banned and then someone else gets flood-kicked, two admins /unbanlast and bam, legitimate hacker is unbanned. Or, something.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 07:57:43 pm »
Meh, just ban the legitimate hacker again.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!