Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid  (Read 476 times)

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
Metal Gear Solid
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:06:30 am »
So I've recently installed a game I've always liked, I played the first 2 parts and a demo of the 3rd and 4rth. However I've always faced an issue with 1st one of the series, and thought someone else might've had it.
The whole game always goes peachy and fine, without no errors\glitches\problems at all, except this one fuck up I get into when playing against Psycho Mantis.
I get him down to 50% health with ease and nothing goes wrong until he makes Meryl put her gun to her head. At that moment after the scene with her doing that ends the camera is pointed at Snake (My character) and freezes on that. I can do nothing except switch the weapons (Using keys from 1-9) and I can't even get to the menu using Escape. I can do nothing to make it go on, the game simply stays with a screen showing the front of snake...And he can only switch weps.
I play on the PC using a keyboard, and this is about the 3rd time I install the game and this time on another PC than last time and I still face that problem.
Wtf is wrong with it? Anyone had this before?
Any feedback and help is really appreciated cause I really wanna finish this game...
b&

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: Metal Gear Solid
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:14:30 am »
hum, I have the installer for that game, you can play it in the comp, and I could arrive until last boss' part, so it would be fine. PM me for a dload link, I guess it's not allowed in these forums to post things like that.

Offline Snack

• Soldier
  • Ehm ;_;
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:15:59 am »
If you mean playing the original MGS on DOS, its free, you can download it on some sites.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:40:22 pm »
maybe a different installer, with different RIP or something could help him to get rid of the bug.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:29:16 pm »
I'd appreciate the link Niko, problem is I'm doubtful about it.
Cause I installed it from different CD's each time. But it's worth a try. So send me that pm and I'll check it out tomorrow.
b&