Author Topic: ctf_Freefall  (Read 1590 times)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
ctf_Freefall
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:37:15 pm »
The risky experiment that seemed to work :P.  Here's the final version.

Scenery: Default
Texture: Gondor
Boost: Normal
Waypointed: No, would be happy if someone tried [retard]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:47:12 pm by p0ppin »
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

DarkCrusade

Re: ctf_Freefall
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:45:08 pm »
Map looks good :) Is this a deadly pit in the middle? ;D Guess waypointing will be not that hard, maybe I will do them on thursday, but I am not sure with that :P

Good work, p0ppin [pigtail]

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:48:49 pm »
I was thinking about making it deadly, but unfortunately that would cause the kits to all get jumbled up on the bottom which wouldn't be very fun  :P

As a side note: I updated the map to include rambo thingy and bonus spawns, forgot about them :o.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:46:13 pm »
One of the coolest maps in months.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:48:32 pm »
Very cool nice style and layout looks like a lot of fun to play will dl later.. :)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 01:51:42 pm »
You make me blush Suo, stop that  :-[ lol, thanks for the support everyone :)

Offline Moirae

• Major(1)
  • Post for Absolution
    • Soldat Realistic
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 05:19:33 pm »
Played this at the #soldat.mapping gather. A lot of fun to play, quite hectic, lots of action. Map seems to favour knife as secondary because of both teams crossing routes just after spawning.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:15:56 pm »
Moirae did you find the falling medi's and nades to be problematic at all, or should I just keep them the way they are?

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:21:48 pm »
Did you make each side look exactly alike?
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:31 pm »
The poly-structure, yes, it's mirrored on the parts the player can actually reach (outside of the map I made different on each side).  Shading is pretty much the same for both sides except a few different colored parts here and there.  Scenery I made different for both sides. :P

Offline Moirae

• Major(1)
  • Post for Absolution
    • Soldat Realistic
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 04:51:19 am »
Moirae did you find the falling medi's and nades to be problematic at all, or should I just keep them the way they are?

No actually, I liked the fact that nadepacks and medkits fell down, made everything even more hectic and it's interesting that you need to "catch" them, especially in the busiest part of the map. I think you should leave it this way.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 09:27:17 am »
If you say so ;D