Author Topic: Windowed mode not working properly. Windows 7  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Licht

• Major(1)
Windowed mode not working properly. Windows 7
« on: June 07, 2009, 02:46:56 pm »
I'm trying to run Soldat in windowed mode (because this game drives me insane with it's minimizing hell) in Windows 7. I've set it up in the configuration manager and set compatibilities for Windows XP SP2. Game works fine for the most part, but for some reason it won't run in windowed mode. For me this makes the game worthless, i can't be stuck with a game removing my ability to monitor everything else i need to at all times. Anyone know how to get the game running in windowed mode so can join you guys in a hellstorm of bullets?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: Windowed mode not working properly. Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:02:39 pm »
Can you navigate the menu in windowed mode/is it just the game part of the game that doesn't work? Or it won't actually start when you try to make it run in windowed mode?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Licht

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:03:04 am »
Can you navigate the menu in windowed mode/is it just the game part of the game that doesn't work? Or it won't actually start when you try to make it run in windowed mode?

It runs fine it's just not windowed.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:39 am »
Open up Config.exe to the Graphics tab and take a screenshot and post it please.

Offline Licht

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 09:23:33 am »
Open up Config.exe to the Graphics tab and take a screenshot and post it please.

I opened it up and it had set itself back to fullscreen. After setting it back to windowed for the 3rd time it started working for no apparent reason. All my other settings were back to defaults for some reason too.

Offline Ninjinuy

• Major(1)
  • Ingame: Jason Bourne
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:04:15 pm »
Did you make sure you saved your settings? :P You cant hit the "X" to save and exit the config. Just thought i might try the obvious ;)