Author Topic: Forced colors for enemy gosteks  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Forced colors for enemy gosteks
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:26:57 pm »
Idea from Quake, where you can set the color of your enemies the way you want.

How I see this working in Soldat, you'd be able to specify the enemy colors, at least shirt and pants, separately and keep them default if you wish. Friendly color options as a bonus too. From my experience Soldat is too fast a game for camo colors to be effective enough and also people often have different mods that are already breaking the colors.

Depending on the BG color you hava chosen, the colours of alpha and bravo are not equal hence I believe being able to set them yourself would be pretty convenient.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:38:18 pm by Dusty »

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: Forced colors for enemy gosteks
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:34:58 pm »
Clanmatch=1 in soldat.ini afaik does something similar to this.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:34 pm »
Yup, but for example I don't want to see all my enemies or (even worse!) myself and my teammates in lighting green, because the first player on player list has sick sense of aesthetics.
I think it is small thing but really nice - like forced background.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:42:00 pm »
Clanmatch=1 in soldat.ini afaik does something similar to this.

Clanmatch is pretty far from what I'm asking for. First of all it's afaik a serverside option and there's no way I can make any server owner set it on. Second, being the bigger point, whereas I was after better visibility, with the option on the enemy team can become even harder to see on certain maps and every player looking the same is making it even worse.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 05:01:26 pm »
dont know whether to f12 or not lol, I guess it's a cool addition but not very realistic either, but then again.. soldat is not that realistic..
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:30:11 am »
Excellent idea! F12

I already "do this" using mods. But it only works like it should for team 1 an 2. (alpha and bravo)
see: http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=207 (would be nice if devs could fix this.)
Also if the colors are on the other side of the spectrum, the best you can get is black. So it's not ideal.

Please add this functionality. It can also help avoid people shooting team mates by mistake. Which is annoying for everybody.

Another example of a game using team coloring as a mean to improve the gameplay:
Shootmania

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »
This would be pretty nifty i think or atleast make the clanmatch=1 setting a client side setting.

Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 03:52:17 pm »
Wait wait wait...
It wouldn't be fairplay, if you had forced colours and see white, eyefu**ing enemies. Every camper in bushes would be way better visible. There's one question then - what the hell does give me choosing my shirt and pants colour to camuflage-green?
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:05 pm »
This would be pretty nifty i think or atleast make the clanmatch=1 setting a client side setting.
Like I explained, Clanmatch=1 wouldn't really do the job as it would still be the enemy setting the colour.

Wait wait wait...
It wouldn't be fairplay, if you had forced colours and see white, eyefu**ing enemies. Every camper in bushes would be way better visible. There's one question then - what the hell does give me choosing my shirt and pants colour to camuflage-green?
Can't really think of a single bush, net or anything on default maps that was transparent enough for the colors to make a difference. Relying on your "camo suit" and hiding behind bushes in general in a game as fast as Soldat doesn't work very well.