Author Topic: "/mute all" issue  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
"/mute all" issue
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:29:43 pm »
So it's like this:
When you do "/mute all" the only way to unmute ppl is type once again in console same command.
What I have noticed is that you are disallowed to unmute peculiar players by just typing: "/unmute <ID>", though there is message that player with that ID was unmuted - nothing really happens, he stays muted as he was before. My point is to change it that we could unmute particular players. (I don't know it it's bug of the game but I'm posting it here anyway.)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

DarkCrusade

Re: "/mute all" issue
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:45:18 pm »
I guess if you are not totally retarded you don´t need a function that mutes all players ... if you have so much bitching around you should leave the server and come back later :)

Didn´t notice that /unmute <ID> is not working, all players I muted were automatically unmuted after the match ended and that is all I want if I do that ... ;D

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:01:35 pm »
I think it's because of it muting the messages of everyone on the server, even players who would join after you mute everyone. Looks like '/mute all' modifies one 'global' boolean (mute/allow every incoming message) instead of modifying a boolean for single player (mute/allow specified player), so your client doesn't have to modify new one when someone joins the server.

It's like two separate layers of muting working at the same time. One of them mutes one player a time (/mute ID), second one mutes every incoming message (/mute all, has a priority). You can check it by doing /mute all, then /mute 2 (any ID of active player will do) and then /mute all again. You'll see that player #2 is still muted.

So it'll stay like this unless /mute all is going to behave like looped /mute ID. :)

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:07:20 pm »
still relevant. unmute all does not work for me.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 04:53:14 am »
Wow, an old thread of mine. I really don't like this nick I had.

Anyway, I believe the same issue is still here in 1.6.6 versions.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 04:03:48 pm »
I tested the issues and made a bugreport
http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=424
Please tell me if I forgot something or if you disagree to the solution
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:47:35 am by homerofgods »