Author Topic: 2057AD Current Version - 0.95  (Read 13124 times)

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: 2057AD Current Version - 0.95
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 06:52:32 pm »
make one yourself, that'd be a shitload better. tough people would get pissed off of the same gun all the damn time, no?

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 01:09:10 am »
Deal.

I now have time to finally do that dinosaur for you Niko. : )

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 10:35:24 am »
uh.. would it be possible to add an alternative download site? filefront's giving me quite a few problems.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 10:42:25 am »
I now have time to finally do that dinosaur for you Niko. : )
Hurray!

EDIT:
uh.. would it be possible to add an alternative download site? filefront's giving me quite a few problems.

Here you go
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:10:27 am by ~Niko~ »

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 11:16:49 am »
thanks alot :P did a play test on it, weapons are nice and all, but the sounds just make it feel too much like BF2142. The repeated sounds are also a lil bit distracting to me. i could do a sound edit if you'd like, i would also add in other stuffs too, if ya don't mind.( im mainly gonna port over quite abit of the material from UNSTF )

Mind you, im abit particular when it comes to sounds :D

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 05:13:04 pm »
sounds are the most important part of the mods... take care of them.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 12:56:53 am »
Scout, go ahead, I was happy to be rid of the sounds.

I'm working on my new mod now, I'm sick of this one. I'm still going to be finishing this one though.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 02:53:08 am »
Sorry took so long but here's the Black Ops gostek, below is a line up of the different types of hairstyles you can have-

From left to right-
Tactical Headset(army) ,Balacava(Normal) , Cyclops Stealth Helmet(Punk), Tactical NV goggles(Mr .T) ,Advanced MV Stealth Helmet (Dredlocks)

Screenies capped with 2057AD and map Ctf_berlin
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:55:00 am by scout »

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2009, 03:03:04 am »
Screenies capped with 2057AD and map Ctf_berlin

<3

Very very good and fitting. A hundred thank you's.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2009, 03:16:26 am »
no problems :D now i gotta start thinking on what to do next >.<

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 04:14:52 am »
no problems :D now i gotta start thinking on what to do next >.<

Sounds?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:16:38 am by Gnoblar »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »
Boy Gnoblar....If this keeps up this wont really be "your" mod any more.

(I say this because most of the work on the actual game has been made by other people Interface,Gosteks and I helped make the weapons its to the point now that I'm thinking that you should get your own sounds....after all this is not Our project but yours)

Just Remember If you want to LEARN how to mod you have to do the work your self you don't learn by having other people do things for you.

Good Luck and remember Ask for help and ideas but try to do as much of the work as you can.
 |                                                                  |
\|/  C'mon man mods take time dont do half a job \|/
Scout, go ahead, I was happy to be rid of the sounds.

I'm working on my new mod now, I'm sick of this one. I'm still going to be finishing this one though.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:26:24 pm by MattH »

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 08:36:58 pm »
Well, if the community makes it it will fit their wants right? I'll finish this, but I'm not enjoying making it, I prefer making my other mod.

I will finish it.

Community input FTW.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 08:43:32 pm »
we all get sick of certain mods that were working on

(hell try making a WWI mod with all the weapons ever used in WWI)

but you become a "good" moder when you stick with it even when

you feel like you never want to look at the mod your working on again...

as for
Well, if the community makes it it will fit their wants right? I'll finish this, but I'm not enjoying making it, I prefer making my other mod.

I will finish it.

Community input FTW.
yes this is true...but you are not going to learn after all don't you think after a while you're going to get sick of your "medieval" mod.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009, 09:06:16 pm »
community also loves to work in this kind of things, because they after think: hey, I made that gun, or I made that gostek that so many people is enjoying and I helped the mod to be done.

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 09:15:43 pm »
Understood but I want to help Gnoblar learn that he needs to work on HIS mods otherwise he's not going to learn modding properly and start depending on other people to do his work.

but you are right in saying:

community also loves to work in this kind of things, because they after think: hey, I made that gun, or I made that gostek that so many people is enjoying and I helped the mod to be done.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 12:28:06 am »
Please consider about releasing your mod without the map or a mappack. All what is needed are 2 different downloads (1 for the mod and 1 for the mappack).

In addition you used the SAME weapon for the M79, the M72 LAW and the bow, what the fuck should that stand for? Think of reality. Try to find something for the fist, it is annoying to see the old .bmp for it. And why is there a folder with some more weapons? You don´t have weapons-gfx for them, so don´t release them. You included some of the original Soldat files in the package, delete them please (for example spawnspark, sand and snow). Why is the M72 LAW called M72 LAW in your mod? I thought you replaced it? If you do the weapons-gfx replace the fire, too. It looks crappy if you have the default fire and then a blue bullet coming out. You replaced the bow with the M79 but didn´t change the weapons-gfx. The weapons-gfx for the chainsaw is the default one, too, so I guess, that there are more weapons that are default in game.

I told you not to rush with the mod, to do everything until it is perfect and now you released the mod and it is ... crap. Fix the bugs, work on ctf_Berlin (scenery), then do 2 packages and release it.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 03:41:24 am »
You included some of the original Soldat files in the package, delete them please (for example spawnspark, sand and snow)
[/quote]

Deleted the ones you said. What are the others? I'm too lazy to find them, and I need more time to work on the mod.

I told you not to rush with the mod, to do everything until it is perfect and now you released the mod and it is ... crap. Fix the bugs, work on ctf_Berlin (scenery), then do 2 packages and release it.

That's better. I need comments like that that actually HELP me.

This is why it's not v1.0

So.

Scout is doing the sounds. I guess I'll have to do that weapons-gfx, the gosteks are done by scout and Niko is doing the interface.

I also have slightly edited the weapons.ini

EDIT: How's that interface coming along?

EDIT2: Please refer to the thread in "Modding ideas/General Discussions" until v1.0 comes out, in which I will update this one.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:32:22 am by Gnoblar »

Offline MadDog

• Major(1)
  • Niiiiiighhhht Proooowwwllaaa
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
Gnoblar, lemme tel you something no one else has the decency to say.

1. You did a fantastic job on this mod. Incredible, truly. You don't make a dime off of all this work, and considering that, it seems you've poured a lot of your time and effort into this mod. I am sorry that no one else here seems to recognize that. Not even the admins.

Oh, and don't worry about Darkcrusade's whining. That parasite needs an education in manners and respect.
2. Don't take the other users here too seriously, Gnoblar. They're seemingly a bunch of deadbeat modders who generally produce little themselves, and when they do, it's not that great. The truth is they're all probably jealous of your work, and rather than admit it's good, they find it easier to complain and balk while providing useless advice. They have no respect for your effort, I'm sorry to say.

Now, just to mention a few minor things. Well one really. It's one of those perfect-perfect things that's... kinda important since it's the title: 2057 A.D. Technically, we place BC (before Christ) after the year number, and we place AD (Anno Domini) before the year number. So, it should be A.D. 2057.

Lastly, Gnoblar, don't feel pressured to complete this mod ASAP. Making it ultra-perfect isn't gonna win you the acclaim from your fellow users, 'cause they'll just nit-pick forever. Look at Espadon's HLT mod. He came out with this fantastic concept-idea mod, guns swinging, over two years ago. And it's still far from finished. Not even released yet. His mod wasn't gonna be finished in 2 weeks, and neither should this. Just take your time, work at it on your own schedule, and if they start getting impatient, ignore it. Whatever you do, please don't make this mod priority above your own personal life. Not for these people.

Once again, kudos, mate. As a neutral nobody, I must say it looks pretty good.
Jules: "Describe what Marsellus Wallace- looks like!"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: Say "what" again! Say "WHAT" again! I dare you! I Double-Dare you motha-[******]! Say "what" one more god-d**n time!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2009, 06:22:09 pm »
Gnoblar, lemme tel you something no one else has the decency to say.

1. You did a fantastic job on this mod. Incredible, truly. You don't make a dime off of all this work, and considering that, it seems you've poured a lot of your time and effort into this mod. I am sorry that no one else here seems to recognize that. Not even the admins.

Oh, and don't worry about Darkcrusade's whining. That parasite needs an education in manners and respect.
2. Don't take the other users here too seriously, Gnoblar. They're seemingly a bunch of deadbeat modders who generally produce little themselves, and when they do, it's not that great. The truth is they're all probably jealous of your work, and rather than admit it's good, they find it easier to complain and balk while providing useless advice. They have no respect for your effort, I'm sorry to say.

Now, just to mention a few minor things. Well one really. It's one of those perfect-perfect things that's... kinda important since it's the title: 2057 A.D. Technically, we place BC (before Christ) after the year number, and we place AD (Anno Domini) before the year number. So, it should be A.D. 2057.

Lastly, Gnoblar, don't feel pressured to complete this mod ASAP. Making it ultra-perfect isn't gonna win you the acclaim from your fellow users, 'cause they'll just nit-pick forever. Look at Espadon's HLT mod. He came out with this fantastic concept-idea mod, guns swinging, over two years ago. And it's still far from finished. Not even released yet. His mod wasn't gonna be finished in 2 weeks, and neither should this. Just take your time, work at it on your own schedule, and if they start getting impatient, ignore it. Whatever you do, please don't make this mod priority above your own personal life. Not for these people.

Once again, kudos, mate. As a neutral nobody, I must say it looks pretty good.

What you need, your assholeness, is a shower to cool off your ego, you got some real issues my friend.
Those people that "are whining about his work" are the ones doing half of it, sorry to say this Gnoblar, but you've lost your grip on this one, I see about 5 people working 60-70% more than you on this mod, I think you should've never let it slip from you. Now it's simply a beta that (Way I see it) is never gonna come out as was planned and hoped for. And "maddog": Espadon is has years more experience with modding, so in his case it's his style\way of doing it, he's USED to take his time. Gnoblar you tried that and it didn't work, had you not kept taking brakes then it could have worked, but most of your excuses don't cut it, you're simply too lazy to finish what you started. I'm trying to help you so you can fix that flaw about yourself. I'm not gonna turn this a personal flaming thing, so just finish this mod ASAFP...Or you'll never finish it.
b&