Author Topic: Things you can't stand  (Read 29921 times)

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
Re: Things you can't stand
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 05:21:12 pm »
I really can't stand nazis and all people that hate someone for ridiculous reason I can't even imagine to understand. Also, people who are so hardheaded that they can't admit they were wrong, even if they don't have any arguments for their statement.

@2up: so, noobface tell us how many years you studied music or in how many bands of different genres you played in to state that.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 06:30:12 pm »
Anyways, sounds like Snow is bitter because he's not the center of attention.  Boo hoo.

It does make me bitter, when stupid crap that has no relevance.. to anything, has to take up the attention of my gf.  Of course, she is her own person and can enjoy anything she wants. I just wish she'd realize how pointless and time/life wasting some things are.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:16 pm »
Nationalism and I WAS JUST PLAYING ALONG THE WHOLE TIME LOL GOT YOU fags.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 08:02:35 pm »
I can't stand 2girls1cup.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 08:09:47 pm »
Memory loss. Not having a perfect memory.

Also, only one chance to experience each moment in time.
Only one actual chain of events, other "possibilities" are never experienced.
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:06 pm »
Pragmatism

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 08:19:17 pm »
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's everything.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 09:48:30 pm »
I really can't stand nazis and all people that hate someone for ridiculous reason I can't even imagine to understand. Also, people who are so hardheaded that they can't admit they were wrong, even if they don't have any arguments for their statement.

@2up: so, noobface tell us how many years you studied music or in how many bands of different genres you played in to state that.

hes actually a quite accomplished musician, but its all opinion with the music itself, there is no right or wrong answer
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 11:51:57 pm »
I generally don't like disrespect and high levels of prejudice. However, what I tolerate least would be ignorance, which is often tied to extremes and may also be linked with other factors like prejudice. Examples include Nazis and terrorists.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:11:26 am by STM1993 »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 12:20:07 am »
I really couldn't think of anything to say here, so instead I'm going to say what I love:
Bunnies, cats, good books, good video games, tim's jalapeno chips, old zelda games, tennis, the satisfied feeling you get after figuring out stuff, and a good movie every now and then.

Obviously that's not all I love, but it's a pretty good list.

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 01:44:45 am »
Women.

Oh and <3 for iDante. As feminine as he might be.
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 02:02:33 am »
People on the internet that think they're smart because they can't stand emo things like Facebook, Twitter, blogs and MSN.
This does annoy me. they might be a waste of time but I enjoy spamming facebook with some of my IRL mates every now and then, calling them Emo is pessimistic (see the irony?)

Also I hate the fact that earphones make my ear canals swell up and make it hard to wear them, and I dont have/can't afford a decent pair of headphones.  Plus i can only crank up my speakers when no-one's home since my family hates it :(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:04:29 am by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 03:08:26 am »
Actually, I play guitar and do vocals in a tech death band (among a few others) and can say with absolute certainty that there are other genres more technical and requiring of more talent (both musically and physically) than variations of metal.  Yes, I'm fully aware of psycroptic, cryptopsy, necrophagist, etc.  But you can't tell me that brain drill or origin are musical masters?  Any new player can try for a week to master sweeps and play the same songs effectively.  As far as I'm concerned, tech death requires only a rapid memory and the genre that takes the most talent relies a little more heavily on improvisation.  Like I said, I play tech death, and there's nothing that frustrates me more than people who think that the genre is a pinnacle of musical achievement.  I have 'studied' music my whole life, but I haven't been to Juliard and haven't devoted my life to a 14-hour-a-day training regimen just to get denied from the Czech Philharmonic so that I could play in some state's orchestra like so many others have.  My grandmother, on the other hand, is a f**king pro.

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 03:34:19 am »
People on the internet that think they're smart because they can't stand emo things like Facebook, Twitter, blogs and MSN.

Everyone who can't stand Facebook etc. only think they're smart? So only those who tolerates them can be smart? What's your reasoning?

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 03:44:40 am »

Everyone who can't stand Facebook etc. only think they're smart? So only those who tolerates them can be smart? What's your reasoning?

Thats not even my point, my statement was that i don't see whats so emo about social websites

Player since late 2007

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 03:48:38 am »
Rawrs, interrupting w/e the hell is being talked about above.

Memory loss. Not having a perfect memory.

Sometimes: can't stand not having the means of seeing the people I really want to hang out with at certain given moments throughout a day. I have no car, and everyone I know has to live in retarded places. This relates more with people I haven't seen in f**kin months, and need advice from. The s**tty thing is, I still haven't been able to see these people, and one of them just got married. Good for him! but um, meh, I'm selfish.

So yes, I suppose I can't stand it when good friends make themselves really f**kin busy during summer vacation while I'm sitting on my ass, wondering what to do with my time. Guess I'll get into some good books? lol. I'm just venting over stupid stuff. To be honest, this isn't as bad as a mouthful of cinnamon.

Um... another thing I can't stand: people that are ignorant - or simply just too caught up in their own problems. I communicate through actions, facial expressions and what-not, and words. Apparently some people are so caught up in their own heads that they completely lose any sensitivity towards anything but direct, vocal communication.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 04:06:38 am »
Oooh I just got reminded of something that mildly disappoints me:

When people qualify music.
If someone says "I don't like metal," I say "Okay" (Possibly "Aww man I'm sorry") and we go our separate ways. Unfortunately, most of the time people append "All it is is screaming," or "I prefer calm nice music." That makes me somewhat frustrated. It is just fine to say you don't like something, but downright rude to generalize and otherwise insult other people's opinions. In order to get into a style of music, learn all the bands, the sounds, techniques, etc, you really do have to like it (with a few exceptions). Therefore, only people who like a certain genre of music are qualified to discuss the musical merits of things within that genre, so it is pointless and rather distasteful to bring the conversation of another genre past "I don't like it."

It's still difficult to play.  It's up there with Jazz and Classical.
I also am displeased with this type of statement, for reasons outlined above. Unless you are a rare exception, you've never played all 3 styles of music you have noted, or even gotten into 2 of the others. Therefore you are not qualified to compare them.

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 04:35:44 am »
Oh, and need to add Vandalism. My grill is being used as the rappers blackboard ever since the ancient times - so does my car's windshield.
Ive needed to change it 3 times now. Now it's like heaven since culprits got caught red-handed.
And Im supposed to give any respect to rap chulture? To these "big kids"? Metalheads atleast leaves me alone.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:17:31 am by smiluu »

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 04:43:19 am »
-Retards Attempting Poetry
-People making out in public
-s**ts/skanks (More than anything)
-Fat people
-People who think that I'm a *** because I'm Australian. It's not the Australian part, it's the fact that they are too dumb to think f a better way to make themselves feel better. Lame.
-The internet.
-Countries should allow immigrants in, but they need to remember that in Australia, we are Australian. I hate it when they bring their culture and complain that we don't give it enough support. Well f**k them, they can have their culture, I don't mind, but we are allowed to dislike it if we choose, it's our country, not theirs. But we do the same, we go over to Iraq and Afghanistan and try to change them over to our beliefs, it's the same. We can get the f**k out of their country. They want to stuff it up? Good. let them. If they are affecting our country, then we have the right to go over there (like the war on terror, but that's because we are in their country anyway, it's all a bit hypocritical).
-Human beings in general except Emma.

Offline Amblin

• Major(1)
  • Uwe Boll, a master and friend
    • Homepage
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 06:15:15 am »
-Retards Attempting Poetry
I don't like Global Warming or cold toeliet seats in the morning. Kafka. M.C. Escher